Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Troubles...

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Point View Post
    You expect random people who've never met this girl to find her motives from across the intertubes?
    Well a very small handful of us were, once upon a time, 16-year-old girls.

My teenage experience was fairly atypical, though, so I don't necessarily understand the motives behind being a prick-tease.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

All I'm saying is her motives could depend on her past experiences with him and with other boys, and a number of other factors we have no way of knowing about.

I've been that girl before, I'm ashamed to admit.

She's gotten the vibe that you like her, and is now manipulating you. Treating you like crap to see how far she can take it before you snap. She likes to be in control of your feelings. I'd say, if you aren't going to get a spine and either ask her out, or ignore her and move on, then she will continue to treat you this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I've been that girl before, I'm ashamed to admit.

She's gotten the vibe that you like her, and is now manipulating you. Treating you like crap to see how far she can take it before you snap. She likes to be in control of your feelings. I'd say, if you aren't going to get a spine and either ask her out, or ignore her and move on, then she will continue to treat you this way.
    This.

I know you've said that you haven't had a chance to ask her out, so do it the next time you see her. However, she might say 'yes' and then continue the games within your actual relationship, which would not be fun for you. The point of a relationship (well, one of the points) is that you should enjoy the other's company and it shouldn't be too stressful to be around your partner. It doesn't quite work out like that in practice, but if she keeps jerking you around emotionally while you're dating, then its not worth it. I'm sorry if this sounds condescending, but you're only 16--you'll have other relationships and latching on to someone who plays games with your emotions is not healthy.

Of course, she may stop messing with you once you're dating, although the fact that she's doing it in the first place is a big red flag that she's a pretty manipulative person. Or maybe she'll just say 'No' and, when you get older, you can imagine that you dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

Sheesh. Take a hint - she's not interested.
    This thread should have ended here.
    Really.
    One day, lolli is going to tell you that she "so fucking told you so."

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    I honestly don't understand how a girl would determine a result out of such games. I may be wrong, but the girl I'm talking about, I believe she may be playing "games" to get me to ask her out, not just for her attention. She only started doing this after I started to like her back.
    I think it is one of two options:

1. She's always been like this but you never noticed because you weren't interested. Do you really pay this much attention to the little things people do if you're not interested in them? Of course, now that you like her, you're analyzing (or over-analyzing, to be exact) every little thing she does and trying to find meaning where there most likely is no meaning.

2. What Catgrrl said above.

Either way, it doesn't seem that this will go anywhere positive. A girl who genuinely likes you will not act the way you are describing. I have a feeling, like Bitter mentioned, that Lolli will be saying "I told you so" very soon...
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Really.
    Aye true dat.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    But seriously - after being shut-the-fuck-uped, move on. What you are doing now is borderline stalker and creepy.
    Sheesh, don't be so fucking mean. It's normal adolescent behaviour. Actually, it's pretty normal adult behaviour as well.

Also, let's all be honest here. CP says some pretty dumb shit at times. You only think he's smart 'cause he's mean like you

Knux, I dunno man... I think what's important for you is to find out who you are and what you want, rather than to obsess over who she is and what SHE might want from you. Focus on yourself, enjoy the attention a little, relax and see what happens maybe she digs you, maybe she doesn't. Either way, it's all cool. You da man. hi5
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I don't think I knew what a girl was when I was 16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    I don't think I knew what a girl was when I was 16.
    It was all about Football when I was 16 .

Well...she totally ignored me again in my 5th period, though she did try to sit closer when I ignored her as well. She finally acknowledged my presence when she was pointing at me on the bus and I asked "Oh, so you're acknowledging me now?". She then started to whisper to one of my friends and when she got off, I asked him what she said and he told me that she whispered that she wanted to tell him,but it was too awkward. So apparently she wants me to think shes whispering about me, which she obviously is. I have a feeling she really is feeling awkward and is expressing it through treating me badly, not through games. I'm sure if I can hold a serious conversation with her, she will stop.

I honestly don't understand how a girl would determine a result out of such games. I may be wrong, but the girl I'm talking about, I believe she may be playing "games" to get me to ask her out, not just for her attention. She only started doing this after I started to like her back.
    No idea. The one I was using as an example, I'm pretty sure she did it for her own entertainment. I guess she liked the feeling that she could get two guys to fight over her or lose their minds whenever she wanted, or something like that. The point was, though, that she most likely didn't have real feelings for either of them.

So, while she might be playing games with some specific purpose, do consider that it could as well be just wishful thinking on your behalf, and she's just trying to see if she can manipulate with you like a puppet for her own entertainment.

So, just ask her out. It's not like you have anything to lose, really - unless you like all this guesswork you're doing.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

I don't think she's in this for manipulation. She acted like she liked me for months before I ever started to pursue her back, and if she really did aim to manipulate, I don't think she would have exclaimed she was cold, indicating she wanted a hug.

if she really did aim to manipulate, I don't think she would have exclaimed she was cold, indicating she wanted a hug.
    no no no that's exactly what you do when you want to play with someone!!

but it doesn't matter what she wants, what matters is what you guys do

relax man

You're reading too much into this.

OMG SHE DROPPED HER PENCIL ON MY SIDE OF HER DESK

A clear sign that she wants to bear your children.

hmm maybe she thinks you're all in love with her and she doesn't know how to deal with that

You're reading too much into this.

No...I'm careful to exclude things like that.

Maybe she thinks that you're reading too much into simple gestures and this makes her feel awkward and embarrassed...

No...I'm careful to exclude things like that.
    Says you.
    . . .

Sounds like you've waited too damn long.

Get a backbone and ask her out, or move on.

Trying answering "As you wish" to everything she asks.

If that doesn't work, become a Dread Pirate.

I've wanted to ask her out. It's just that she won't give me an opportunity to even talk to her

Then take the hint and leave her alone.

I've wanted to ask her out. It's just that she won't give me an opportunity to even talk to her
    Is she actually worth this sort of pain in the ass behavior?

Because I don't think I have ever met anyone, male or female (including myself) who I think would be.

And I have a high opinion of myself and think I am worth quite a bit of trouble. Or cash/shiny things bought from Rettib.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    CP says some pretty dumb shit at times.
    Warm and fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Then take the hint and leave her alone.
    But she tries to get my attention even if she dosen't directly speak to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Really.

Do you have her phone number? Can you get it from a friend? Just call and ask. Question resolved.

Though honestly, the more I read your posts the more I think you should just forget it. If she's like this now then what's she going to be like if you end up dating? "Manipulative" is not an endearing trait.

You've had the opportunity to ask her out as you've actually seen her, if you like the girl then quite clearly you should seize what ever moment you've got. Rather than wait for the perfect moment.

If, for example you see her today/tomorrow with a few friends then go up to her and simply say something kind of like "Yo baby, this is how i wanna roll - i like you, i want you. Wanna be my woman? FoShizzle My McNizzle".

Basically, ask her out whatever the situation is, apologise for placing her in an awkward moment as it could be rather embarrassing for the poor girl but at least you've put your cards out and shown your willing enough to express ones feelings without getting all coward like. Don't wait for her to come to you, you go to her. Thats one thing i never done at high school/college and really regretted as i never had the courage to speak to girls i like. People used to tell me "She likes you mate, go on!" and i wouldn't even though i actually felt the same. If i ever had a chance I'd like to revisit my high school days and be a little more outgoing ... .