Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentines Troubles...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    People, they are like 16 years old, typically they don't know what they will want 5 minutes from when they make up their mind about something.
    I'm 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Point View Post
    I'm 16.
    You're also reasonably intelligent, though.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Only thing worse than being 16 is watching others being 16. ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Listen to this man

For he is Batman

Born to save us all

Each and every one of us
    I am not Batman

I am Elvis.

I ask the bar man

another drink before I piss.

I wouldn't want to be 16 again for anything.

Knux, if you like her, go ahead and ask her out. The worst thing that can happen is she says no! It's not like you are going to get your head chopped off for asking! Don't try for anything dramatic, just ask her for a burger at McD's or something like that. Don't go for the fanciest place in town. Or try to think of something kind of unique and ask her to join you in doing it. It doesn't have to be anything much. How about a Coke and a walk in the park?
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

The only "cure" for being 16 is a few more birthdays. Promise. Everything else is just treading water, or whispers in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    But still 16. Some 16 year olds can be quite intelligent and know about the way things go. As far as relationships are concerned though I consider them to have the attention span of a gold fish.
    Congratulations America

If a girl told me to STFU I'd call in "flying fist of Juhda" then slap her round the face with "cock of the infinite"
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by xaero1 View Post
    If a girl told me to STFU I'd call in "flying fist of Juhda" then slap her round the face with "cock of the infinite"
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

That always works for me.
    Ain't that the truth - the sad, sick, twisted, hilarious truth.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Originally Posted by xaero1

[Sig] Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    Oh! You've just discovered "irony". Congratulations!
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

I'd say anger-bang her. But most people would consider that morally inappropriate though.

Just for irony, damned kids these days.

I would like to ask her out, but lately when I planned to, she has not been giving me the chance. Knowing her, when I get back to school tomorrow, she'll start talking to me like nothing happened

I don't think she's that interested, i'll even shy away from such phrases like "Treat them mean, keep them keen". I just think she's attention seeking and you've been reeled in.

I'm pretty sure she is though. She is actually a very attention seeking person, but she does it differently around me. Just from the way she looks at me, from the way she dosen't really make as much physical contact with me as others for awkward reasons. She did that before I ever started to like her, so I'm pretty sure she does like me back.

Ok well if you aren't going to listen to us what's the point of any of this? If you think she likes you, shit, ask her out man.

Don't believe the hype, Knux. Until she flat out says "I like you and want your manly body", don't read into anything. If you want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - speak to her face 2 face and simply ask her out.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    Ok well if you aren't going to listen to us what's the point of any of this? If you think she likes you, shit, ask her out man.
    You're so delightfully sensible.

You're so delightfully sensible.
    It comes easily when I have a girlfriend of my own to offer as evidence.

Sorry, but your advice is just contradictory to what I have seen. I haven't had the chance to ask her out though. All I wanted was to know why she acted like she did.

So I see two possibilities here:

She doesn't like you and is asking you to stfu because of this. Result: You might be shot down. Any further dancing around the issue is just going to prolong the inevitable and lead you to not moving on.

She does like you and is asking you to stfu due to playing games with your head. Result: Ask yourself if you actually want to deal with that. Then when you're done with that you still have to ask her out...

. . .

She only told me to stfu after she deliberately let me see her whispering about me...so yes, games then.

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    She only told me to stfu after she deliberately let me see her whispering about me...so yes, games then.
    I'm not an expert, really, but I've seen that sort of women in action. She was, and to best of my knowledge, is still trying, to play these games (a somewhat more advanced form thereof, but still) with two of my friends, who like her. I guess she wanted to try the same stuff with me, but since I was never interested in her at all, she gave up eventually. Of course, it got really complicated really fast with those three, both guys now can't stand each other, and neither is really happy with their pseudo-relationship with that girl.

So while it's not exactly a first-hand experience - I'd say you probably don't want a girl like that.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Need some advicies from the peepsies of this forum.
    Sorry, but your advice is just contradictory to what I have seen.
    Alright, just tell me what advice you want to hear

Makes it a lot easier for the rest of us.

I wouldn't know about text-etiquette, because when I was 16 texts were only available on paper, so you can also inform me what you want to hear about the ignored text messages.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    So while it's not exactly a first-hand experience - I'd say you probably don't want a girl like that.
    But honey, you want me...

No, wait, I don't play games like that. I prefer much more entertaining ones.

Well, shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    This girl yells at you, ignores you, and tells you to shut the fuck up, and you like her?
    A version of this still works pretty effectively on me now, as it happens
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by knuxy
    Sorry, but your advice is just contradictory to what I have seen. I haven't had the chance to ask her out though. All I wanted was to know why she acted like she did.
    A possible solution is to shag your way through all her friends. She will get resentful, but will also be impressed by your efforts. Eventually she will want to control and own you and claim you as her own. You will be subservient and pleasing to her. You will have manipulated her and won, got laid by other people in the process and 'got the girl' you want.

It's sort of evil, but not quite as freaky as stalking her and reading too much into her touching your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    I'm not an expert, really, but I've seen that sort of women in action. She was, and to best of my knowledge, is still trying, to play these games (a somewhat more advanced form thereof, but still) with two of my friends, who like her. I guess she wanted to try the same stuff with me, but since I was never interested in her at all, she gave up eventually. Of course, it got really complicated really fast with those three, both guys now can't stand each other, and neither is really happy with their pseudo-relationship with that girl.

I honestly don't understand how a girl would determine a result out of such games. I may be wrong, but the girl I'm talking about, I believe she may be playing "games" to get me to ask her out, not just for her attention. She only started doing this after I started to like her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Alright, just tell me what advice you want to hear

Makes it a lot easier for the rest of us.

I wouldn't know about text-etiquette, because when I was 16 texts were only available on paper, so you can also inform me what you want to hear about the ignored text messages.
    I wanted to know her motives behind it. Not neccisarily what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
    A possible solution is to shag your way through all her friends. She will get resentful, but will also be impressed by your efforts. Eventually she will want to control and own you and claim you as her own. You will be subservient and pleasing to her. You will have manipulated her and won, got laid by other people in the process and 'got the girl' you want.

It's sort of evil, but not quite as freaky as stalking her and reading too much into her touching your hand.
    I don't stalk her :/

I wanted to know her motives behind it. Not neccisarily what to do.
    You expect random people who've never met this girl to find her motives from across the intertubes?