http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19968973

Been following this case off-and-on when it comes to the news for years. A mentally-ill Briton with a severe case of autism, Gary McKinnon, years ago hacked into US military sites looking for evidence of UFO's. I know some people with Ausperger's Syndrome, of various severities, and they can be incredibly gifted but obsessed.

I don't think anyone can really say Gary McKinnon was wishing harm on anyone in his hunt for UFO's and rather than prosecute him for what he did the US military should be glad that it was a mentally ill "UFO nut" and not a terrorist who exposed the weakness in their system.

60 years in prison would not have been the right action here. The US and UK are not the same nation and I'm glad for once in this instance that extradition was blocked. As for the terrorists family complaining as to why should a terrorist in similar circumstances get extradited ... the similarities are superficial. The terrorists did try and cause harm and good riddance to them. Had McKinnon done what he did as an act of terrorism and not as part of an obsessive hunt for extraterrestial life then I'd think he should be extradited too.