Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Steam

Fair enough. But it is pretty close to their Winter Sale too right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

it is, but the winter sales are generally more grand. the black friday sale has no community votes or achievement tie-ins. I'm guessing valve simply wants a piece of the pie because amazon and gamefly both have very aggressive digital sales right now.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Next announcement was for Steam Hardware. Not an individual machine, but a collection of approved hardware of varying powers and pricetags that 3rd parties will be selling as complete (and open/upgradeable) machines.

They are doing a beta, where 270 random users that complete a few small tasks will get a free high powered box. but fuck you guys expecting me to a post a link, Im not going to make it easy for ya'll to join and reduce my chances of winning.

anyone who is already on my friends list can expect a friend invite from my son

I'm assuming no one here got in
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

SteamOS (beta) has been out for a few hours
    http://repo.steampowered.com/download/

Looks like Family Sharing and In Home Streaming are now live for Steam.

Family sharing looks like it requires a physical login to authorize sharing (or sharing passwords and steamguard codes) for the first time.

Steam in the UK at least have a 24 hour sale on. Picked up Xcom: Enemy Within DLC for a fiver.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.