Thread: Anyone interested in being a game streamer for eSports startup Hardwired Gaming?

Default Anyone interested in being a game streamer for eSports startup Hardwired Gaming?

A friend of mine, Brendan, is the COO at a silicon valley gaming start-up called Hardwired Gaming. They're looking for some great, and most importantly reliable, volunteers to help with streaming. This is non-paid and can be done from home, so figured I'd see if anyone has an interest. Below is a brief overview from him on what they need, plus their URL and a blurb from their About page. PM me if interested, and thanks!

"So basically we are looking for additional game streamers to fill up our 24 hrs of content goals. We can teach anyone the basics of Twitch.tv and XSplit and we are open to any game content. A decent upload rate from there ISP is required. I have 4mbps up and its plenty. With some tweaks to resolution frame rates etc we've had broadcasters with as little as 1mbps up.

Anyone interested can reach out to me at this address and I'll get them started. There really isn't anything elaborate to it one you get rolling."

Hardwired Gaming

WHAT IS HARDWIRED GAMING™?
    We are an eSport company dedicated to the competitive and social gamer. We provide fun and memorable lan parties and tournaments!

WHAT GAMES DO WE PLAY?
    Starcraft II, DotA, Halo Reach, League of Legends, Call of Duty series, Battlefield 3, Street Fighter IV, Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead 2, and Star Wars:The Old Republic. Plus, we love old school games like Halo CE and Star Wars Movie Battles!

WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
    At the heart of the Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, and we hold events throughout the San Francisco Bay Area including Santa Cruz.

I'm guessing from the deafening silence nobody around here is really an e-sports player. Best of luck to you and your friends though, BTA.

Yeah, seems to be the case. This is more streaming vs. playing; basically hosting some bandwidth. Anyway, thanks for letting me post Wraith

I don't have to live in California for this, right?

Actually I like occasional bouts of competitive gaming. Been playing BF3 for a few months but it's mediocre.

Actually it may involve playing the game, now that I re-read Brendan's message. You can be located anywhere, agamemnus, pm me if interested!