Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome, CC Exodus!

Default Re: Welcome, CC Exodus!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint
    I'd be prepared to donate towards the bills on some kind of paypal basis. It can't be that much if we split the costs.
    A. Me too.

B. No multiquote? Damn.

C. Will there still be stick-in-ass about double posting? No, I'm not talking about 14 posts in a row.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    I'd be prepared to donate towards the bills on some kind of paypal basis. It can't be that much if we split the costs.
    A. Me too.

B. No multiquote? Damn.

C. Will there still be stick-in-ass about double posting? No, I'm not talking about 14 posts in a row.
    C: In your case, there ought to be
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski
    Howdy.

I hope this place works out, my real concern is that this new land will dry up and die as some users drift with time. Atari community chat actually had new blood come in every so often with fresh ideas. (Those that weren't chased away). And that made that forum interesting.

I hope everything works out for the best. Damn am I irked, never would have thought that discussing politics on Atari's community chat would mean as much to me as it did.
    I think us "regulars" will keep it pretty active! :lol:

Yeah, I would miss telling you how your politics are just wrong!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    A. Me too.

B. No multiquote? Damn.

C: In your case, there ought to be
    Just when I thought you couldn't get more clever.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Many thanks to all those involved in setting this up

Howdy.

I hope this place works out, my real concern is that this new land will dry up and die as some users drift with time. Atari community chat actually had new blood come in every so often with fresh ideas. (Those that weren't chased away). And that made that forum interesting.

I hope everything works out for the best. Damn am I irked, never would have thought that discussing politics on Atari's community chat would mean as much to me as it did.
    Lewk, this place is attached to the blog with the same name, and hopefully we'll get traffic that way. You're welcome to contribute by the way.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar

The amount of buttons here seems unnecessarily complicated.

Oh well, we have a forum again.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Love the rules here! They do seem very familiar though....yet different...hmmm

I like the purple theme lolli.

Thanks Wraith, Loki and whoever else made this place happen - now I can spam up **ari forums until I get banned. Muahahahahah.

Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

Lewk, this place is attached to the blog with the same name, and hopefully we'll get traffic that way. You're welcome to contribute by the way.
    What kind of topics? So far I only see two and one was from April.

What kind of topics? So far I only see two and one was from April.
    Anything policy oriented (political, economic, military, etc.). It has to analyze a situation, provide a background for it, and offer some kind of concluding thoughts. Think of it as something similar to The Economist pieces.

It has only one recent post because everyone gave up on it earlier. Now that everyone moved here, there is more of an impetus to contribute. I'll write a piece in the next few days, and a few other people promised to do so at some point.

There's 80 people signed up already ... not too shabby.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I hope I'm welcome here. I'm glad to see so many here, but I'm more glad to see the regulars are making a home. No doubt I'll lurk and post once in awhile like I did before.

Apparently we let anyone in, so what the hell.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by wabigbear
    I hope I'm welcome here. I'm glad to see so many here, but I'm more glad to see the regulars are making a home. No doubt I'll lurk and post once in awhile like I did before.
    Keep us informed on how the Olympics affect Brazil.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I also think the looser environment will keep people. And there will be growth over time -- people will likely find their way here through references, etc.

I may also be willing to invest some money in some search ads, so that people searching for things like "political discussion", etc. see a sponsored link to the forum. Will depend on my money situation in about a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    I also think the looser environment will keep people. And there will be growth over time -- people will likely find their way here through references, etc.

I may also be willing to invest some money in some search ads, so that people searching for things like "political discussion", etc. see a sponsored link to the forum. Will depend on my money situation in about a month or so.
    You want to advertise?
    The Rules

I dont' want to advertise.... won't political discussion, if it's posted enough will get hits on google anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    I dont' want to advertise.... won't political discussion, if it's posted enough will get hits on google anyway?
    I wasn't asking you dammit.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre
    Not really, because there are other places with far more members and many more posts.

Not really, because there are other places with far more members and many more posts.
    You have a plan.
    The Rules

The long-term solution is to have this place become more active, but it wouldn't hurt to use methods that would speed up the process.

The long-term solution is to have this place become more active, but it wouldn't hurt to use methods that would speed up the process.
    Solution to what?
    The Rules

To keep the place from dying, seeing that's what happens to most forums that can't get new members.

The community hasn't really changed much in the past couple years anyways. Even without new members, I don't think we're in much danger of dying.

To keep the place from dying, seeing that's what happens to most forums that can't get new members.
    Seems pretty lively to me. From the front page it seems like you have another project in mind.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    The community hasn't really changed much in the past couple years anyways. Even without new members, I don't think we're in much danger of dying.
    The number of substantive posts went down sharply. Most of the discussion was in the mega-threads.

Storing them in seperate places will help with that, I think.

The activity of this place has been beyond my expectations, but we should always be thinking about the long-term. About 300 posts today already I think.

The activity of this place has been beyond my expectations, but we should always be thinking about the long-term. About 300 posts today already I think.
    Today, new forum, next year, Poland?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.