Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome, CC Exodus!

Default Re: Welcome, CC Exodus!

I'd say Finland, but that entails too many casualties.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

The number of substantive posts went down sharply. Most of the discussion was in the mega-threads.
    The megathreads are bad for a healthy discussion forum. I was disappointed to see them recreated.

Also - I'm very surprised at the level of activity. It's been nice.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I'd say Finland, but that entails too many casualties.
    I doubt you could cause too many casualties in Finland of all places.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    Storing them in seperate places will help with that, I think.
    Hope so. Is the nuclear option open in the event it doesn't?
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    I doubt you could cause too many casualties in Finland of all places.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    pip pip, tut tut.
    The Rules

pip pip, tut tut.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YJoY0i_tQo
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You have an unhealthy obsession. I'm starting the think these things are better forgotten. See Inglorious Bastards, it has a better ending than RL. Maybe it will help. Maybe some day our grand children will think of it as real.
    The Rules

You have an unhealthy obsession. I'm starting the think these things are better forgotten. See Inglorious Bastards, it has a better ending than RL. Maybe it will help. Maybe some day our grand children will think of it as real.
    Poor trolling effort, even for you

Poor trolling effort, even for you
    Um, I wasn't trying to troll.... I was being almost totally honest.
    The Rules

Um, I wasn't trying to troll.... I was being almost totally honest.
    That's pretty sad.

Belated: Thanks very much to those who put this together. I'm willing to chip in some money to maintain.

Flow is a serious question. Too few and a forum dies. Too many and meaningful discussion is impossible. CC is what it is (OK, was) because of a serendipitous happy medium.

That's pretty sad.
    You have no idea laddy.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by '
    ['ear]Belated: Thanks very much to those who put this together. I'm willing to chip in some money to maintain.

Flow is a serious question. Too few and a forum dies. Too many and meaningful discussion is impossible. CC is what it is (OK, was) because of a serendipitous happy medium.
    Never seen too many before. How's that work?
    The Rules

Never seen too many before. How's that work?
    Badly. Try any big news organization, or even moderate sizes. ESPN,etc. Anything bigger than "small niche" gets hundreds of posts per thread per day. It becomes an opinion spam fest. By the time somebody reponds, it'stwopages later. One can't possibly keep up.

I could safely say that we'll never have millions of people coming here.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I could safely say that we'll never have millions of people coming here.
    I like the sound of that!

Quote Originally Posted by '
    ['ear]

Badly. Try any big news organization, or even moderate sizes. ESPN,etc. Anything bigger than "small niche" gets hundreds of posts per thread per day. It becomes an opinion spam fest. By the time somebody reponds, it'stwopages later. One can't possibly keep up.
    You have to use a thread view showing who's responding to what, I think. I've seen similar things when Yahoo! used to have a discussion group attached to each news story. The political stories were CRAZY. It was kind of fun because you could recommend other people's posts so I used to try and structure my posts for the crowd to see how many recs I could get. :mischief:
    The Rules

Anything policy oriented (political, economic, military, etc.). It has to analyze a situation, provide a background for it, and offer some kind of concluding thoughts. Think of it as something similar to The Economist pieces.

It has only one recent post because everyone gave up on it earlier. Now that everyone moved here, there is more of an impetus to contribute. I'll write a piece in the next few days, and a few other people promised to do so at some point.
    Hmmm...

I might contribute something. Then again I may not I've gotten a great deal lazier.

I'll see how it goes, I might be more inclined to do something that is more debate like. Ie one person posts an article and then another posts a country article. Be more entertaining.

Don't you dare quit posting your opinions Lewk.... its way too much fun to disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    1) Political and religious discussions are allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be left alone. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be included in your profiles, signatures, and other content in these Forums at your own discretion.
    This is clearly an awful idea.

First of all, political and religious discussions don't really appeal to our main demographic, which is mentally challenged tweens. Exhaustive market research on our products has conclusively demonstrated that our primary market demographic is those who rarely, if ever, use more than 3 neurons simultaneously. Furthermore, we believe that any activity which may exercise more than 3 neurons at once may stimulate further thought, and in extreme cases, critical thinking. As this will obviously lead our clientele to pursue more rewarding and cerebral activities (such as masturbation), it is the opinion of Atari, TWF, Inc. that such activities must be eliminated, post-haste.

Secondly, we have determined that we do not want our brand associated with any political or religious views. It is well established fact that people with political or religious opinions don't actually buy anything, and people who do buy our products are too stupid to differentiate the opinions of miscellaneous customers with the official position of Atari, TWF, Inc. It would be extremely embarrassing if our customer's mental retardation were to lead to yet another bankruptcy for Atari... Tramel, Inc.... Microprose... JTS... Hasbro... ISEA... Infogrames... Atari... TWF.

And last, but certainly not least, we have determined that there is no harm in driving off what little traffic exists on our message board by banning all conversations of value, as this strategy has worked to great effect in the past with the UT and NWN franchises. If all goes according to plan, by 2012, we should save almost .04% of revenues by reducing traffic to our website to nothing at all.

2) When an opinion-based discussion is being had, feel free to state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, go ahead and say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is pretty much a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community, with friendliness de-emphasized. Allow people to have their opinion, if you'd like. Everyone is free to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
    Another awful idea. In addition to the previously established fact that thought is the bane of our business model, if we allow everyone to voice their opinions, no one will be able to sort out the incorrect opinions (everyone else's) from the correct ones (mine).

3) Nobody currently has the final say on all aspects of these Forums. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to anyone who will listen and/or publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is encouraged. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please speak up.

Am I too late to nominate Timmy for head mod?
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    We finally got the tea our party so desperately needed!

I was delighted once he convinced me that he wasn't a Cain-wannabe.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I was delighted once he convinced me that he wasn't a Cain-wannabe.
    I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    We finally got the tea our party so desperately needed!
    Yes. We finally manage run Tear off and now we have to start all over. God, if only the government were getting smaller.
    The Rules

That's Cain??

...I don't know, I guess I was expecting somebody more clever.

Yes. We finally manage run Tear off
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It finally happened, and I was not a part of it. I feel so deeply shamed that my only way out is to commit seppuku. I'll return when I've completed that.

and now we have to start all over. God, if only the government were getting smaller.
    This "smaller government" you speak of intrigues me, sir, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    That's Cain??

...I don't know, I guess I was expecting somebody more clever.
    Well, I'm delighted to disappoint. If you can think of any other ways for me to let you down, please, don't hesitate let me know.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Monsieur Cain, bienvenu!

I though I'd greet you in your own language to make you feel at home
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Did you come back because you've decided to stop beating your wife?

I though I'd greet you in your own language to make you feel at home
    FTFY
    . . .