Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome, CC Exodus!

Default Welcome, CC Exodus!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the CC's new home! Some of you have moved in early and made yourselves comfortable already. That's fine...I guess. I'm Wraith, and I'll be your temporary admin until we get the real guys in place. In the mean time, I will attempt to cater to your every whim in the design and maintenence of this forum. I will also be taking absolutely no moderator action against anyone for any reason, except maybe if we get some spam bots. That's not my job. Still, please don't test that statement, as it will just make future mods jobs harder. I will also de-admin myself at the earliest rational opportunity.

This move happened a bit earlier than expected, so this place is still very much a work in progress. Below are a few ground rules. Feel free to compare and contrast them to Phoxe's rules.

1) Political and religious discussions are allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be left alone. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be included in your profiles, signatures, and other content in these Forums at your own discretion.

2) When an opinion-based discussion is being had, feel free to state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, go ahead and say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is pretty much a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community, with friendliness de-emphasized. Allow people to have their opinion, if you'd like. Everyone is free to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.

3) Nobody currently has the final say on all aspects of these Forums. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to anyone who will listen and/or publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is encouraged. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please speak up.

Default Re: Welcome, CC Exodus!

While catering to my every whim I suggest very strongly that the color purple appears. Now. And black.

Black with purple text would be swell.

Also, I have other needs that you can address immediately as well.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Feels nice...needs some tweaking on the looks maybe, but nice and cozy.

Hello and thanks for a refuge from......over there.

(I'm guessing Atari is going to be Cryptic now. Phoxe copied their rules and changed the names. hmm)

Give me my purple and black, Wraithy, or my little tax credits will go to someone else.

Purple and black. Done.

Make me my own special spiffy color-scheme/forumtheme/style/whatever the proper term is.

Think of it as an engagement gift.

Black background, purple text. Use the colorscheme from the blog of Buddy Boy's stories, if you like.

But I want some black and purple.

FYI I'm using the prosilver theme from the user CP. It's white text and black background. WOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught
    Give me a minute, I'll fix that...

Any way I could get a shot at tweaking the themes? A few small things will probably make it work...EG the username bar (on the right?) is a bit wide.

I don't mean to be presumptuous with my avatar BTW, just uploaded it so people can recognize me.

Any way I could get a shot at tweaking the themes? A few small things will probably make it work...EG the username bar (on the right?) is a bit wide.

I don't mean to be presumptuous with my avatar BTW, just uploaded it so people can recognize me.
    How's it presumptuous? You seem to be an admin already

(I love these retarded smilies!)
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Looks like new smileys aren't retroactive.

Tweak away, saves me work. And use whatever avatar you want, though you're an admin now and I think admin outranks moderator.

If someone was feeling all tweaky, and made the yellow in the black pearl theme to be purple (or blue, or green, or even white) instead of this dreadful yellow, it would be greatly appreciated.

Because I really really really hate the color yellow, but I do like a nice black background.

Appropriate bribes can be offered.

Howdy.

I hope this place works out, my real concern is that this new land will dry up and die as some users drift with time. Atari community chat actually had new blood come in every so often with fresh ideas. (Those that weren't chased away). And that made that forum interesting.

I hope everything works out for the best. Damn am I irked, never would have thought that discussing politics on Atari's community chat would mean as much to me as it did.

Rand and Dread are onboard, so I've removed my ability to do any moderator-type actions. I'll hang on to admin status a while longer to perform site upgrades and maintenence, unless people don't really want me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    Rand and Dread are onboard, so I've removed my ability to do any moderator-type actions. I'll hang on to admin status a while longer to perform site upgrades and maintenence, unless people don't really want me to.
    I doubt people'd object to you staying on as a technical admin and that'd take some load off Randy's and Dread's shoulders too, but that'd mean work for you
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I have no problem with your being able to be a tech-slave.

Our priority now should be ensuring the transfer of all regular contributors to the community chat at Atari to here. I hope Dread not has or will soon send out e-mails to The List.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

We can probably get him to do it tomorrow. I have a thread there waiting to go, but he asked me to wait until tomorrow to post it. I'm not 100% clear on why.

We should probably also assign someone to send out PMs to all the lapsed/occasional members we know about to make sure they get the message if they try to come back.

Why shouldn't you be admin, Wraith? Don't you and Loki own this?

Lewk said it best over there:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski
    Yeah it is pretty lame. I had been posting on the WoT forum for a year or so until I found the community forum after 9/11.

Honestly it seems pretty stupid that the new moderator is worrying about this forum. Nothing negative has occurred in over a decade of political and religious talk on this forum. No one makes brand decisions and game purchases based on what what went on in community chat. Just pretend you don't see the political threads and go on your way, not to bloody difficult is it?

I have a feeling I'll be entering the wrong code for a while, too ^.

Happy to be here.

Who owns this place? Who pays the bills? Who makes the rules? Who was here before the Exodus?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan
    Who owns this place? Who pays the bills? Who makes the rules? Who was here before the Exodus?
    Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    Who are you?
    Joseph McCarthy, evidently

Quote Originally Posted by GGT

(I'm guessing Atari is going to be Cryptic now. Phoxe copied their rules and changed the names. hmm)
    Did he finally change it? When I looked he hadn't yet. not that it matters, just amusing.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged
    Who are you?
    Joseph McCarthy, evidently
    Oh damn. How long before I start being pressured to turn in my friends and fellow revolutionaries?

Hi Chaloobi. Wraith owns the place and pays the bills. The rules on the forum will be made by a vote for now, though Dread and RB will enforce them. No one was here before.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I'd be prepared to donate towards the bills on some kind of paypal basis. It can't be that much if we split the costs.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT

Did he finally change it? When I looked he hadn't yet. not that it matters, just amusing.
    Yeah, except Cryptic often doesn't bother to enforce things like "no politics".
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Hi Chaloobi. Wraith owns the place and pays the bills. The rules on the forum will be made by a vote for now, though Dread and RB will enforce them. No one was here before.
    Please, I have a different name now. Thank you. Trying it on for size now and if it fits, nice. If not then something else.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)