Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memory of Light

But, I don't want to know anything more about these characters. For me there was no poetic symmetry in that way.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    But, I don't want to know anything more about these characters. For me there was no poetic symmetry in that way.
    I agree to an extent. Firstly, I agree with you that with Brandon Sanderson writing it (no offense) I don't have much interest in reading what happens, because it won't be the same, nuance is everything. Secondly, I disagree with you in two ways. One is that I think Jordan did that intentionally and wanted his readers to draw the parallel between Thom's advice on how to be a good story teller and his story (even if you don't feel he accomplished it, I think he was going for that parallel). Second if it was Jordan writing it, I'd have said he did succeed, If Jordan was writing it I'd love to see where Rand ran off too, I'd love to see his 3 love interest chase him down. How does Aviendha raise her kids? What happens to her in the long run with her ailment (which annoyed me, but I'm sure with Rand's abilities alluded to he can just fix it).

I'd love to Aviendha and Min Spar, or Aviendha vs Mat spear to spear thingy, I'm not even sure why Mat is soo good with the staff, is it the memories, or just practice from the farm/Lan. Anyway, a lot of cool events and worldly things going on; I'd have liked to see how Jordan saw it all playing out.