Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
The strange thing with that series is that I have read several of the earlier books more than once, but the last books I hardly read at all and I had this intense feeling of big blaahh with the last chapters. The ending was so dissatisfying.
I disagree the very end I felt was well done. The poetic symettry (which I think Jordan wrote) between Thom telling us how a Glee Man ends his act while the audience still wants more, beautifully parallelled in how Jordan wrote the last chapter of the book. And yes I do want more.. I want more of Rand (what's he doing), I want more of Matt, and mostly I want more of Robert Jordan to tell me how it all plays out. It really saddens me. I agree with RandBlade that yes the book may either have been further rushed if combined into one epic book, but he did say it was going to be twice as long if not more than his other books. So maybe it would have been comparably rushed but perhaps better and more climatically executed at parts, which I feel it lacked. It's like you spend so much time building these threats up, building up certain characters, certain dynamics. Padan Fain, LTT being in Rand's head (albeit basically resolved, but I'd have loved if toward the very end there was some comment toward LTT from Rand, putting to rest his mistakes, or thanking his memories for helping him get this far), the tension between Ishmael and Rand. or Lanfear, everything is just so quickly resolved... all of their plotting, twisting and turning, it felt for naught. They should have been presented more ominously, on the verge of executing their plans (based on earlier books) and for them to be thwarted narrowly. So many issues I can't vent them all here. I liked the book, but the more I think about it, the more frustrated with Sanders for being so linear. He was on a mission to write the thing, he needed to put himself in the world instead.