Thread: Kingdom of Amalur

Default Kingdom of Amalur

Just bought this game, played it for about 2 minutes and quit. The controls seemed really awkward and jumpy - touch the mousepad at all and the view jumped around. The whole control felt like it was a console game that I was playing by mistake on a PC.

Can't get a refund so at least didn't spend much (was down to just a tenner and I got that using loyalty points from Game) but is it worth putting any time into continuing with this or not? Anyone play it on PC, do you get used to the controls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I've only played it on the 360 but I had a blast. About 20 hours of awesome. Not a very deep story but I enjoyed the game play quite a bit.

I have it, don't remember any control problems. but i suggest checking out their steam forum page.

thats the game that came from the company that went bankrupt in rhode island and left the tax payers there with something like an $85 million bill.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I remember the company, it was crazy - they sold over a million copies fairly quickly and still wound up losing massive amounts of money on the game. 100k copies used to be the benchmark for commercial success.

I tried the demo and didn't really like it for the same reasons you mentioned, Rand. The game was well reviewed, though, so there must be something good in there.

The game is on sale through Gamestop, for an Origin copy, for $5.99 in the US. Lowest price yet for the base game.

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2451
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."