Thread: Guild Wars

Default Guild Wars

Just gone back on this for the first time in ages, doesn't look like any guys in the Guild are still playing right now?

When you get as loot a weapon/armour you don't need is it better to sell it, put it up for auction, or salvage it? I've been salvaging and then depositing anything I loot pretty much but it costs money to buy the salvage kits and the materials salvaged seem to be worth less than the cost of the item salvaged (even without considering the kits).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

depended on the color last time I played. Not sure how the economy has changed. I've been meaning to start the game back up, but MWO...

Here's what I thought last time I was active. Exact numbers probably aren't accurate anymore:

Junk: Vendor it.
    Whites: Salvage it with a crude or basic kit.
    Greens: Vendor it.
    Blues: Vendor it.
    Golds & Oranges under level 70: Check the trading post, sell it there if it's got a good price, otherwise vendor it.
    Golds after level 70: Check the trading post, sell it there if it's >= 25 gold, otherwise break it down with a master salvage kit.
    Oranges after level 70: Check the trading post, sell it there if it's >= 50 gold, otherwise break it down with a master salvage kit.
    Violets: Obviously, you recieved this by mistake. It was actually meant for me. Send it over, and all will be forgiven.

So low-level you basically only salvage white items? Is there a big difference between crude or basic kits?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So low-level you basically only salvage white items? Is there a big difference between crude or basic kits?
    Basics are easier to carry, weren't they? I don't remember everything about the game, but I believe I decided at some point that I would only ever use masters and basics, but the basic vs. crude thing might have been more about convenience than cost efficiency.

Earlier thread: http://www.theworldforgotten.com/showthread.php?t=2845

I think I might have meant silver rather than gold in that quote above.

Intended to get back to it at some point - Sim City & ME3 first though ...

What key do you need to descend in water? Space swims up but I can't get back down.

EDIT: Seems no key is initially bound to swim down (though it is an option to bind if you press F11). I've bound X to it as I don't think it's anything else. Problem is it still rarely seems to work, only way to reliably get underwater seems to be to right-click and change the view so you're looking completely down then go forwards. Not very logical.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 03-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.