Thread: Path of Exile

Default Path of Exile

https://www.pathofexile.com/

Been playing this a lot lately. It's a free to play Diablo clone. I'm enjoying it more than I ever enjoyed Diablo 3. The skill tree and player progression system is crazy, and the randomly generated maps in the endgame can be a lot of fun. Itemization is also better than D3, IMO. They seem pretty hardcore against pay-to-win, which is a big plus. The fanbase has been rabid enough that people are buying $1000 packages to build their own unique items, so they seem to be financially supported even without it. My only gripe is the group drop system, which is the Diablo 2 style free-for-all, and not the superior D3 individually generated drops - the one advantage that D3 has on them.

There seem to be a lot of good free to play games around.

And I just realized I already posted about this in the whatchu playin' thread. Oh well.

Looks like an interesting game; I'm curious about the idea of not using gold as a trading currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

That needs a bit of getting used to, but it's an interesting solution to the inflation problem that most similar games run into. I was skeptical about that at first, but I like it over a gold system now. The currency items are all consumables that are in some way used in crafting to improve items, so if there's ever too much of some currency item in the system, they'll all just start getting used up in crafting. I don't do much trading, so I've just been hoarding my orbs.

Started about a week ago, and like it a lot.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

If anyone's interested, there's two new leagues starting this Friday at 6:00 PM PST. I'll be starting a new character for Anarchy (the non-hardcore one). It's a good opportunity to get in on the game, since everyone in the new leagues are going to be level 1 at the start.

So 4 years later this game just popped up on my Steam account as a recommended game. Would you recommend it still?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.