Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Letting Non-Citizens Vote in NYC- The King of Bad Ideas?

ID-less voter fraud made easy:

Knock on the door canvassing and ask if they're voting, if they say no go to the booth and vote for them.

You can't drive without ID but can vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You can't drive without ID but can vote?
    We have registration cards, and when I go to vote I have to verbally verify certain information about me.

and your fraud attempt is thwarted by ink dips.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    But when it comes to voting in local elections, being a "resident" in that township does have legal meaning. Isn't that the basis for NYC's proposal to let non-citizens vote, as long as they're legal "residents"?
    Easily handled. Pass another law making U.S. citizenship a requirement for residency. Then the govt. appears to be doing something, while effectively changing squat.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    Easily handled. Pass another law making U.S. citizenship a requirement for residency. Then the govt. appears to be doing something, while effectively changing squat.
    How would that work for legal residents who aren't citizens? (I'm not even opposed to letting them vote in local elections, but even without that, requiring citizenship for residency seems problematic).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

That's impossible, that wouldn't change squat it'd change an incredible amount. You've probably got hundreds of thousands if not millions of legally-resident non-citizens in America. Would you deport them all? And how would you ever get future legal immigration if people can't legally get residency (which is a pre-requisite for citizenship).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

But. . . US residency is a requirement for citizenship. Hell, if people can't be citizens without being residents and they can't be residents without being citizens, then even the native-born would end up as non-citizens. I think you might want to re-think what you consider to be "easily-handled." And what "squat" means.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"