Thread: Media Titles

Default Media Titles

Why do media outlets get away with hyperlink text that don't convey, or even discuss, the premise of the text. If the hyperlink text says a pilot was in training when they crashed a plane, shouldn't that be mentioned in the story the link takes you to? Recent example, cnn headline hyperlink, "Flight 214 pilot was in training for 777". Click on link and no mention of the allegation.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/07/us/pla...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Isn't that the usual thing. It's a pain in the ass but it's seems to be an acceptable journalistic element. Also the section titles in long articles don't have anything to do with the sections under it.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

stories are updated far more often than links are. they may even be handled by totally different departments. the pilot had thousands of commercial flight hours, but only a handful on a 777, so at one point someone likely had a bad case of telephone.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Its the first line of the body of the text so I imagine that the headline was updated before the body:
    Pilot in deadly plane crash had no experience landing 777 in San Francisco

(CNN) -- The pilot of the Asiana Airlines plane that crashed in San Francisco on Saturday was making his first landing with a Boeing 777 at San Francisco International Airport, the airline said.

But it wasn't his first time flying to San Francisco.

The pilot, Lee Kang-gook, had flown from Seoul to the city several times between 1999 and 2004, the airline said.

He has also clocked 43 hours flying a Boeing 777.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I believe you are all correct. The paragraph Rand posted wasn't there when I posted the link. I was going to to post screenshots but it's inconvenient without forum picture albums.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?