Thread: Embassy Closings...

Default Embassy Closings...

Is this a CYA measure following the Benghazi incident....or something more ominous?

They said they have knowledge of a real terrorist threat, so it's probably mostly for safety, and partially CYA.

What's that mean, though? They probably have knowledge of real -- and credible -- terrorist threats every damn day.

No, they don't. You get these warnings when there's actionable intelligence, which means credible source, specific location, and specific timing. Of course the terrorists might just be bluffing, but the US government would look better if it warned people and these attacks happened than if it didn't and they happened.
    Hope is the denial of reality

People are reacting to a credible bomb threat?

Elsewhere places close on any bomb threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The issue is the extent of the reaction. It's one thing to close down one embassy for a few days; we're closing down a dozen of them for up to a month.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-official-al...-politics.html

Starting to wonder if the terrorists were just trolling.

If they had information that could be taken this seriously, wouldn't it be specific enough for them to close fewer embassies?

Based on the above article, the only info we have is that there's an imminent "large" and "strategically important" attack. Al-Qaeda leaders revealed this info in communications they knew were monitored. Smells like a rat to me. Oh well, no way to know for sure.

There's a global travel alert for all western civilians. Doesn't that seem a bit extreme, and possibly counter-productive?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Elsewhere places close on any bomb threat.
    Ah, those were good times, spending every Tuesday morning of my senior year on the bleachers.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Good thing Al-Queda is on the run eh?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Well, either we are not getting any useful information about this 'concrete threath' or we are getting some information and then I feel it's a load of croc. A 'concrete threath' covering 19 countries at the same time? To me that sounds like business as usual and would make me think of not the risk of a terrorist attack, but of a government trying to prove that snooping on the entire world all the time is paying off in enhanced security.
    Congratulations America

Or they don't want to show how much they know or who told them
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Well, either we are not getting any useful information about this 'concrete threath' or we are getting some information and then I feel it's a load of croc. A 'concrete threath' covering 19 countries at the same time? To me that sounds like business as usual and would make me think of not the risk of a terrorist attack, but of a government trying to prove that snooping on the entire world all the time is paying off in enhanced security.
    Sounds to me more like a credible threat to a non-specific target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Sounds to me more like a credible threat to a non-specific target.
    That would be the default in the middle east. Tantamount to news that the sky will be up today.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post

I'm inclined to agree. I don't doubt that there are people and organizations who are actively planning and organizing terrorist attacks, but this seems like awfully convenient timing. It also could be a kind of probing by these terrorist networks to see what kind of information our security apparatus can obtain.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 08-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.

"Terrorist threats" are part of daily life in the post 9-11 era. Are Embassy and consulate closings now part of post-Benghazi life for international diplomats....and international travelers? If so, that seems like a 'win' any terrorist could rally around, even if it hurts their standing in the international community, or their economic future.

Al Qaida grows big after 12 years of "war on terror"?

Or it's just another operation for more power and money for theFeds? When NSA is accused of monitoring American citizens and Pentagon isrequested to sequester.

New distract event – AlQaida terror attack

In “779. Big events in 2013 is a big plot(7/10/2013)” I said the Feds had a big plot – from February to June, theyactivated attempt war on Iran; Korea Peninsula nuclear war panic; China birdflu epidemic; domestic terror attack (Boston bombing). However, they couldn’tkeep these big operations too long. The payment to keep the big actors – Chinaand N. Korea- is huge. The following news indicates that N. Korea was still inperformance in late May. (N. Korea had nuke test in February 2013)

North Korea missile launches: Pyongyangtoying with foes?

By Peter Grier | Christian Science Monitor 5/20/2013

That's one explanation for Day 3 of provocationfrom North Korea, which again fired short-range missiles or rockets into theocean. So far, the medium-range North Korea missiles that caused a flap inApril are nowhere to be seen.

http://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-mi...161654359.html
    The big operation may end in June which signaledby the June meeting of Obama and Xi (Chinese President) in California and theSnowden case thereafter.

Anyhow the core mission – elimination of Kat Sungfailed to go through. It’s still two months away from September – when FBIChief Robert Mueller will step down. With a busy preparation, the Feds ishaving a new plan

U.S. issues global travel alert overal-Qaeda threat

Embassies to close in Muslim world this Sunday

The Associated Press Aug 2, 2013

"Current information suggests that al-Qaedaand affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in theregion and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in theperiod between now and the end of August," the statement said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...l-warning.html
    Unexplained,conflicting US global terror warnings now extend to American homeland

It’s funny to have the sentence of “in the periodbetween now and the end of August”. Does it mean anything for any particular AlQaida mission? It just fits well to Robert Mueller’s Kat Sung murder plan beforehis retirement.