Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Games Giveaway

Default Free Games Giveaway

I seem to get a fair number of these, so making a thread so I don't keep putting these in random other threads.

I have Crusader Kings II. I also still have Civilization IV.

Anyone want?

Off Topic sorry already got both - guess you've pre-ordered EU IV then and got a free CK II to give away? I'm starting to get tempted to pre-order EU IV and give away CK II to my brother if you can do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Still got a free Civ V.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I've got a couple of lame coupons, end result would be droid assault and Duke Nukem 3D for $5 each, and 4 coupons for 10% off Toki Tori 2+ (they don't stack).

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Off Topic sorry already got both - guess you've pre-ordered EU IV then and got a free CK II to give away? I'm starting to get tempted to pre-order EU IV and give away CK II to my brother if you can do that?
    It says on the EUIV order page that you can gift CKII to a friend:

"Already own Crusader Kings II on Steam? Gift it to a friend!"
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Managed to unload my CKII copy. Now also have a closed beta key for Card Hunter, if anyone wants it.

Got a bunch of new coupons after a crafting spree
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/OminousGamer/

Nothing that beats a previous summer/winter sale, but hey whatever. Only gotten one coupon so far that was worth it, 90% off Krater.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-10-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That links coming up for me in a rather odd-looking language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

American English?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Dutch, here

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Still got a free Civ V.
    I am interested in this!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Then you'll need to add me on Steam. Screen name: "Rhywden"

If anyone plays Neverwinter Nights, I have a code that gets free in-game stuff for it. I have no idea what this stuff is.

mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!

please

I totally would have went for Civilization V, lame i missed it. I haven't really been playing games past few weeks though, not sure what i've been doing for fun, but it hasn't been games.

I've got a game code here for Star Wars the Old Republic. The game is currently F2P, but the code shows you bought the game so you get get a few perks, and its worth 30 days of play time, so you get all the subscriber perks for that first month.

That's pretty cool, but i'm staying away from MMO's. Also I played SWTOR until about level 22, and the F2P "debuffs" are rediculously absurd. To name a few: You run slower than everyone else until level 20, you don't have access to bank unless you buy 5 dollars worth of stuff, you can recieve mail but not send it, you can only put 2 items on the AH at once, ALSO you can only have 2 actions bars if your'e free to play, which is not EVEN enough to put all your skills on them. That's just to name a few.. there are more... you can't equip BiS gear at max level. You can only get so many drops from dungeons per week. The list goes on... and they make you feel like an outcast by constantly throwing that all in you face. If you weren't free to play, you'd run faster, if you weren't free to play you'd be able to select this quest reward... just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dragon View Post
    That's pretty cool, but i'm staying away from MMO's. Also I played SWTOR until about level 22, and the F2P "debuffs" are rediculously absurd. To name a few: You run slower than everyone else until level 20, you don't have access to bank unless you buy 5 dollars worth of stuff, you can recieve mail but not send it, you can only put 2 items on the AH at once, ALSO you can only have 2 actions bars if your'e free to play, which is not EVEN enough to put all your skills on them. That's just to name a few.. there are more... you can't equip BiS gear at max level. You can only get so many drops from dungeons per week. The list goes on... and they make you feel like an outcast by constantly throwing that all in you face. If you weren't free to play, you'd run faster, if you weren't free to play you'd be able to select this quest reward... just wow.
    I think your missing the point of F2P in SWTOR. The idea is to preview the game - then buy it. If you aren't paying anything then they don't actually want you. This is different then the League of Legends model because having a high player base shortens queue time and is a base of players to watch streams/tournaments. In a MMO - not so much they want you to shell money if not they don't want you playing.

The problem is when your ability to succeed is highly determined by how much money you spend.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Which is about 11 dollars a month if you get sub cards off amazon. I never needed to buy anything from the game or the auction house so far. In fact I have about 8000 in game credits I don't know what to do with

Now have Reus to give away. It'll be a steam code.

Really? Nobody wants Reus? Did I mention it's free?

I don't know if I do or not?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Well, if you still have a key, I'd like to give it a go. Not at home at the moment, though.

I think your missing the point of F2P in SWTOR. The idea is to preview the game - then buy it. If you aren't paying anything then they don't actually want you. This is different then the League of Legends model because having a high player base shortens queue time and is a base of players to watch streams/tournaments. In a MMO - not so much they want you to shell money if not they don't want you playing.
    That's exactly what it is, in SWTOR, a game preview, and that's what they should advertise. That game still wants more players though, for a similar reason LoL does, it's more fun with a lot of people on (groups quests, flash points, dueling, random interaction which they put effort into encouraging, you get extra exp just for being in a group etc..), so they want to attract more people because the game is more fun. Now they just need an alternative way to make money after they attracted all the people, LoL has riot points. SW could do something similar, with selling points, and let you buy exp boosts, extra skins, and various other things: as long as it won't let you attain anything a free player couldn't eventually obtain, or if it is unattainable then it has no affect on game play (such as skins). Also, Rift, and LOTRO went free to play in a much different manner than SWTOR. I agree SWTOR can do whatever it wants, and I have no problem with it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as a F2P game (like i would, Rift, DDO, or LOTRO), because like you said it's not really F2P, it's a free to preview.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dragon; 09-23-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Sent
    Thanks!

anyone want to try out the hearthstone beta? got a code, but no time.

From the WB humble bundle (thanks for posting that here, OG), I have LOTR online steely dawn starter pack available. I also don't think Guardians of Middle Earth is really my cup of tea, so I have that + smaug's treasure DLC if anyone wants it, and a skin pack DLC for Batman Arkham Origins.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I have an extra Cities in Motion 2 from the Humble Jumbo Bundle, if anyone is interested.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.