Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Property is Private Property - Dumb kid dies learning this

Default Private Property is Private Property - Dumb kid dies learning this

http://news.yahoo.com/miami-teen-gra...171309825.html

"MIAMI BEACH, Florida (Reuters) - Miami Beach, Florida, police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old graffiti artist who died after being shot with a Taser during a pre-dawn chase with officers who said they caught him spray-painting a building."

Will a lesson be learned here or will we just have random whining about Tasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Will a lesson be learned here or will we just have random whining about Tasers?
    The furious masturbating over at Freep drowns out the whining, surely.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Ah but was the graffiti artist drawing pictures of toothpaste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

This is such an unfortunate incident.

HOWEVER

The kid was not tased because he was spraying grafitti. He was sprayed because he charged the cops.

BIG DIFFERENCE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    The furious masturbating over at Freep drowns out the whining, surely.
    Freep?

Why do we even reply to this guy? You have no respect. I will not be replying to any of Lewk's posts of this type for an entire year From August, 18 2013, to August, 18 2014.

Im afraid I dont get it. Is it the fact that the kids punishment (though unintentional) was massively disproportionate to the crime thats got you all excited here?

Hopefully all the other kids who think about misdemeanors learn that the government might kill them pre-trial and then they might not damage private property. Because living in fear of your government is the important lesson... (Somehow its no surprise that you're a christian...)
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

While horrified that the kid died over something so stupid, it was not punishment being meted out by the police.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    While horrified that the kid died over something so stupid, it was not punishment being meted out by the police.
    So whats the point of Lewks post?
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    Im afraid I dont get it. Is it the fact that the kids punishment (though unintentional) was massively disproportionate to the crime thats got you all excited here?

Hopefully all the other kids who think about misdemeanors learn that the government might kill them pre-trial and then they might not damage private property. Because living in fear of your government is the important lesson... (Somehow its no surprise that you're a christian...)
    Its am important lesson - don't mess with other people's stuff. Most of the time you won't die but every now and then you get zapped or gunned down. In hindsight does ANYONE think putting graffiti on a wall is worth the possibility of dying? Private property is one of the most sacred rights of society, violate it at your risk.

I like the self-labeled Christian arguing for property rights over the sanctity of human life.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I like the self-labeled Christian arguing for property rights over the sanctity of human life.
    He also believes in science and hates inconsistency, it's hilarious
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

We can talk about things with their proper names if you'd like, but I gather you're just venting there.

LEWK.... dont be a dumbass.

The kid wasn't tasered for messing with private property, he was tazed for charging the cops.

This doesn't support your agenda, at all. Your original point is mute. Plain and simple.

If your point was don't charge cops... you would have a point. Here, you don't
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Moot, not mute.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    LEWK.... dont be a dumbass.

The kid wasn't tasered for messing with private property, he was tazed for charging the cops.

This doesn't support your agenda, at all. Your original point is mute. Plain and simple.

If your point was don't charge cops... you would have a point. Here, you don't
    Its a chain of events. First he violates private property then the police confront him. Yes if he stopped making bad choices at that point he would be dead but what participate the event was his choice to violate someone by marring their property.

Moot, not mute.
    Thanks Ness.... and all these years I've been using it wrong..... Engineering school with no English Department FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Its a chain of events. First he violates private property then the police confront him. Yes if he stopped making bad choices at that point he would be dead but what participate the event was his choice to violate someone by marring their property.
    It doesn't matter if he destroyed property or not..... if you charge cops, you run the risk of being tased.

If I'm eating at a restaraunt, and I see a cop, and I get up and charge the cop and get tased and die..... what is the root cause of me getting tased? Charging the cop.

Your point is moot Lewk (Thanks Ness)

It doesn't matter if he destroyed property or not..... if you charge cops, you run the risk of being tased.
    Another part to highlight would be that the cops didn't want to kill him, otherwise they would have shot him with a handgun instead of a taser.
    . . .

If I'm eating at a restaraunt, and I see a cop, and I get up and charge the cop and get tased and die..... what is the root cause of me getting tased? Charging the cop.
    That's a horrible example, Ogre. Maybe you're "charging" toward the bathroom, because you're having an intestinal emergency. Maybe you're "charging" toward the emergency exit that opens to the parking lot, because you got an emergency call from home. Only a paranoid or badly trained cop would assume you're charging them simply because they happen to be positioned between you and that door, and use their taser.

I didn't see that in the article or video though, nor in another newsreport, source? Closest I found was:
    "During the foot pursuit, the subject encountered officers face to face... and ignored officers' commands to stop," MBPD Chief Raymond Martinez said in a statement. "In order to affect his arrest, an officer deployed his conducted electrical weapon (TASER)."
    That could be charging, but just as well running away from said cop. If he died after charging the cop, sure, it's sad that the taser killed him but it's not unreasonable that they fired it. If they ran away.. As this shows, and has been shown many times before, a taser is a weapon, and has dangers. I thought the point of it was to use it instead of a gun, to stop threats with (a lot) less chance of seriously wounding the perp. It isn't meant as a way of stopping someone running away (or even simply defying police orders, as has also happened before), much like a gun isn't. And if the pursuing cops lost sight of him for two seconds, and he ran into the other cops in the meantime, it doesn't exactly sound like he was getting away anyway, though I wasn't there so I don't really know that.

Though Lewk is okay with shooting suspects in the back if they are running away and no threat at all, so I'm guessing he disagrees there.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Another part to highlight would be that the cops didn't want to kill him, otherwise they would have shot him with a handgun instead of a taser.
    Good point, though to me it depends on the circumstances I said above. Another interesting part to me is that the video claims the reason he was so desperately trying to get away because he was afraid of losing his residency - a misdemeanor isn't so bad, but it can be if the consequences are so big.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Well, he was okay with tagging someone else's property at the risk of loosing his residency...so maybe he was really stupid after all.

do we have a picture of his tag?

This guy was an artist with works in several museums and libraries around florida. So was this a tag marking territory, or a piece he was creating to add life to an abandoned building?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And the police have to make this distinction?

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    And the police have to make this distinction?
    no, but I don't see where the police called this is a tag either. the point was concerning the loaded terminology being used in this thread.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

So what is really the point here? If what he was doing was sanctioned, then I'm not sure why he ran.

If what he did was not sanctioned, then he should not have been doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    This guy was an artist with works in several museums and libraries around florida. So was this a tag marking territory, or a piece he was creating to add life to an abandoned building?
    I made this post in other threads and back on the Atari forums, but this should be irrelevant to the discussion at hand, unless you want to put forth the idea that because I'm an artist, I'm allowed to decorate the exterior of your house, car, or other property however I feel is aesthetically fitting regardless of any permission you give me.
    . . .

the point i was making is that tags are vandalism, but not all vandalism means tags. Using loaded terms like tags reinforces to lewk's trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    the point i was making is that tags are vandalism, but not all vandalism means tags. Using loaded terms like tags reinforces to lewk's trolling.
    Unless you have explicit permission of the property owner violating those property rights is equally bad weather you create "art" or your putting up gang signs. Private property is sacrosanct.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."