Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where were you ten years ago?

Default Where were you ten years ago?

And what were you doing?

I was me 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I was me 10 years ago

Seems like nothing much changed in my life in the past 10 years.
    Congratulations America

I was in the same place. But back then I was a student.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

laughing at how horrible the north east's power grid is/was.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I was doing the same as Ominous. About half of my FPS clan was in the region and were missing out on a lot of fun.

In the Dark in Queens...no AC.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Watched parents relationship break down, gave up further education due to my head being all fuzzy and then getting a full time job. I don't miss those years, certainly regret a few decisions I made 10 years ago. I should have enjoyed myself more and not been reclusive.

Never mind, eh.

Serial killing.

Also, the bars were basically giving away their liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Also, the bars were basically giving away their liquor.
    This usually happens if you go to said bars wearing a ski mask, kicking the front door in, while leveling a shotgun at anyone in range and screaming at them "Gimme ya fooking beerah"...
    . . .

I suppose that works, but I think befriending bartenders/bar owners is easier in the long run

Being amused at having a Monday/Wednesday/Friday work calendar and thus not having to think about getting down from the 30th floor or getting home from 10 miles away.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Ten years ago; about to turn 30, working in financial services, living with then girlfriend, looking to buy a house together.

Now; about to turn 40, working in financial services, living with current girlfriend, looking to buy a house together.

At least I know what I'll be doing when I'm about to turn 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Getting Married. Moving Apartments because the previous one burned down. Living in Maine.
    Get off my lawn
    I can live without #16 and #17

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Ten years ago; about to turn 30, working in financial services, living with then girlfriend, looking to buy a house together.

Now; about to turn 40, working in financial services, living with current girlfriend, looking to buy a house together.

At least I know what I'll be doing when I'm about to turn 50.

You'll be about to turn 50 with 11 children and banned from the financial services industry.

Quote Originally Posted by sheadunne View Post
    Getting Married. Moving Apartments because the previous one burned down. Living in Maine.
    Fortunately the blackout didn't reach up there because you had access to sweet sweet Canadian electricity, right?

I was packing my freezer with hard to find ice bags, and trying to cook perishable meats on the charcoal grill...during the electrical brown-out.

By happenstance, I was also dealing with relationship issues described by Lor and Tim.

One decade is more powerful and important than most of us would like to admit. The trajectory and impact of time is enough to fuck up many of today's legislators, politicians, voters, parents, students.

Just about to start my 2nd year of uni in Leicester. Younger, fitter, better looking, and probably happier.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

10 years ago - in college working part time at fast food. Its interesting while I do feel much more satisfied where I am in life but I do miss all the free time I had. Staying up to 5 AM on a raid and blowing off class was pretty nice.

Raid? As in, a Warcraft raid?
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyMilk View Post
    Younger, fitter, better looking, and probably happier.
    Oh, poor thing. I age like wine. I am fitter, better looking and happier than ever. It's just the hangovers that get worse, it's not the same anymore.

This thread needs Gentry.
    Don't they all?

She could have been getting a tattoo, or having one removed.

This thread needs Gentry.
    That would be the "Where were you a hundred years ago?" thread.

Is it a sad comment on this forum's modern relevance, or its longevity....that no poster has said they were barely out of diapers ten years ago?

No?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Well, I lament the absence of young people joining this forum. Didn't you "find" the Atari forums in your own teen years?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Raid? As in, a Warcraft raid?
    EQ but now that I think about it 10 years ago I think I had moved on to FFXI - bleh hard to remember the details.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Is it a sad comment on this forum's modern relevance, or its longevity....that no poster has said they were barely out of diapers ten years ago?
    The odds of additional young posters is pretty dang slim.

Well, your kids will be on here in a few years time, then we can start indoctrinating the next generation in our evil librul ways.