Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Football Season 2013-14

Was hoping to extend my lead in the FF league but Ive been in NL for the last week and failed to appreciate that 50% of my team would be playing each other in the Spurs/Chelsea game. None particularly impressive, I will add.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

I've had a spate of injuries in my FF team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Man U 1 - 2 West Brom

United drop to the lower half of the table in 12th ...

Moyes being given the boot by mid-season has to be worth a punt.

Man city losing to Villa, this season is looking the most unpredictable in years and years.

Tottenham top, but the gooners could overtake if they win the late kick off.

Wet spam one above the drop zone tho.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 09-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Sturridge goal and 2 assisted Suarez goals. Sunderland 1 - 3 Liverpool

Gunners just ahead but Liverpool back up to second, Man Utd down to 12th. A mere 3 points now above the relegation zone, I've teased a few Mancs about that but none will bite yet, I would love to see a few more poor matches and see them even temporarily into the relegation zone. I really think seriously though that they may drop out of the Top 4 this season at this rate. Still very early days but they lack the midfield strength.

I think for Liverpool when Coutinho recovers from his injury that Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez could make a truly formidable front 3.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Arsenal - After saying they were willing to spend big money this summer they've got just one transfer in so far - a free transfer - and released, sold or loaned out 15 players. Besides playing silly buggers with stupid offers for Suarez (clearly worth a lot more than £40m+1 in today's market) there doesn't seem to be any movement yet. Almost every year I've predicted Arsenal will drop out of the top 4 and every year I'm wrong but don't see any silverwear going their direction this year.

Prediction:
    6: Arsenal
    Got this one wrong again. Just watched the Arsenal v Napoli game (2-0) and Arsenal totally outclassed them. Same last few PL games I've seen them play in. Didn't expect this but I think that Arsenal are playing as the best club in England right now and deserve the place at the moment on top of the league right now. I hope they slip up

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    (...) I hope they slip up
    Wash your mouth out young man!

I watched the game last night with a massive grin on my face. That first half was simply magnificent.

In terms of Arsenals title credentials, ask me again after the x-mas break and I'll decide then. However it does look good, especially when you consider who's on our injury list and the quality we've shown without those players.

I would just like to say that I am giving you both a thorough spanking in the fantasy football.

That is all.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Last night Amanda and I were in Anfield for the first time seeing a live match there, Liverpool v Norwich. I "optimistically" predicted 3-0 for us, Suarez 2 Gerrard 1. Instead we witnessed an emphatic 5-1 victory with Suarez netting 4 goals. Incredible atmosphere.

Cherry on top was hearing United lost

Yep that would have been a good one to watch. Suarez on a spree.

You've got Wet Spam coming to Anfield on saturday. After we just lost 1-0 to bottom-placed crystal fecking palace.

We're one above relegation, but 3 points clear, so we'll survive the drop another week. Where's Andy Carrol.

Yuh Man U hovering just above mid-table. And they can stay there. Moyes must have been highly pissed-off losing to his former side.

Can anyone touch the gunners? I like seeing them at the top; they're a good side to watch; flowing footy.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Without being funny our game against you is one we really need to take all 3 points from. While there are no easy games in the Premier League, West Ham at home is a lot simpler than our truly nasty run of fixtures to end 2013: Away to Spurs, Man City, Chelsea.

I'd be happy to end the year with 3 points from each of West Ham and Cardiff, and just three points (draws or one away win) at those 3.

4-1 with 3 own goals. Seems like an interesting game, shame it wasn't televised.

Icing on the cake is that Chelsea lost and City drew so we're back up to second. In the mid-table clash of the United's Newcastle beat Manchester confirming them as ninth (unless Villa can win 4-0 tomorrow to drop them to 10th). 8 point cushion over United now, I have cash on us finishing the season above them and its looking safer and safer.

What odds?

Evens. Friendly bet with some friends.

Suarez has signed a new long term contract with Liverpool

Should be a good weekend of fixtures before Christmas. With one game each to play theoretically any of the Top 4 could be top on Christmas Day. Very tight season. While Arsenal could either tighten grip at the top or drop to fourth.

Hope West Ham win Tim . Loki seems more absent than normal from this thread this season.

Only 2 points separating the top 5 teams going into Christmas. Close stuff ....

Third Round of the FA Cup (first round the PL teams play in) and Liverpool are through but United lost again at home. LMFAO

Swansea had never beaten United at Old Trafford (in ten attempts) and had last drawn there in 1934. United have now lost 4 of the last 6 games at the "Theatre of Dreams"

Hm. FA Cup.

We got thumped 5-0 by Championship side Nottingham Forrest.

Ok Big Sam had fielded a second side but that's still an appalling result. We normally do very well in the cup.

Possibly United's best chance of European football - qualifying for the Europa League via winning the League Cup - quashed as they lose to Sunderland on penalties in the Semi Final. Sunderland only managed to get a dismal 2 penalties in the net, but United got a mere one out of 5.

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal

And it's not even half-time yet.

4 goals when it wasn't even 20 minutes and could have easily been more. One of the best games I've seen in a long time and completely over in the first few minutes. And City failed to beat Norwich.

Chelsea drew yesterday and tonight I wanted Man U to win for the first time ever. They were playing Arsenal and let's face it, United are out but the Gunners could be competition. United held Arsenal to a draw meaning they failed again so double joy. Liverpool won a real nailbiter. Our ambitions remain to secure Top 4 but if other keep slipping up and we keep getting 3 points then who knows?

Man City and Everton games cancelled due to bad weather. Winds over 100mph up here in the North West causing damage.

Yep, a Man U win would have suited Liverpool better there.

Hammers on a bit of a spree

Held Chelsea to a draw at Stamford Bridge, then beat Villa 2-0 and Norwich 2-0. Suddenly jumped out of relegation and up to mid-table. Without Carrol too.

Was starting to lose faith in big Sam.

Your holding Chelsea was good for us too. You've got a run of winnable fixtures now then a run of 4 games including Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Hope you will all but ours . Its interesting that any from 10-20 could theoretically be relegated but I think you ought to be safe.