Thread: Sad or Glad?

Default Sad or Glad?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ries.html?vp=1

Not sure if I'm sad that not giving a trophy is news or glad that almost everyone is in favor of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ries.html?vp=1

Not sure if I'm sad that not giving a trophy is news or glad that almost everyone is in favor of this.
    I'll be glad when football stops being a main driver in Texas schools.

Agreed, this "prize for showing up!" thing gets out of hand. Though I too have no intention of ever letting my kids play Amerikan football.

I will be quite glad and happy when University admissions, and full scholarships, aren't based on sports or athleticism. Especially when they can cause brain or spinal cord injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I will be quite glad and happy when University admissions, and full scholarships, aren't based on sports or athleticism. Especially when they can cause brain or spinal cord injuries.
    Ah you'll be glad when your point of view is shoved down everyone's throat? People enjoy football, they enjoy it at the high school, college and professional level. Not a huge fan myself but anything that can be done to encourage MORE physical activity seems to be a net positive. Not to mention that sports in general teach kids about teamwork, hard work and competition. But yeah lets focus on the less than .01% of people with spinal injuries. More people get spinal injuries from DRIVING - should we restrict the number of miles that people can drive in the name of life?

Ah you'll be glad when your point of view is shoved down everyone's throat? People enjoy football, they enjoy it at the high school, college and professional level. Not a huge fan myself but anything that can be done to encourage MORE physical activity seems to be a net positive. Not to mention that sports in general teach kids about teamwork, hard work and competition. But yeah lets focus on the less than .01% of people with spinal injuries. More people get spinal injuries from DRIVING - should we restrict the number of miles that people can drive in the name of life?
    Spoken like a true Texan, who can't see the difference between academia and sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Spoken like a true Texan, who can't see the difference between academia and sports teams.
    We have record levels of college graduation and record levels of obesity. Gee which seems to be the area of most concern?

Ah you'll be glad when your point of view is shoved down everyone's throat?
    The same way you laud when it's that town's football association?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    The same way you laud when it's that town's football association?
    Eh?