Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF - Drug War Gone Mad

Is a cavity search a medical procedure at all ? Or an aenema?
    Congratulations America

A physical cavity search might not be but I think the ones they did were with imaging and so would involve a radiology professional. And yeah, an enema is considered a medical practice.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

TSA imaging screeners aren't "radiology professionals". Just sayin'.

TSA doesn't use ionizing radiation on humans, I think?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The Feds (FBI and DEA) make big money on drug trading. They manipulate drug gangs. Let them grow bigger, then to harvest the profit by "law enforcement". Drug gangs are the tools of the Feds. That's why under "war on drugs", drug business become prosperous.

C
    onfirmed: The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico's MostNotorious Drug Cartel
    Michael Kelley Jan. 13, 2014,

An investigation by El Universal found that between the years 2000 and2012, the U.S. government had an arrangement with Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartelthat allowed the organization to smuggle billions of dollars of drugs whileSinaloa provided information on rival cartels

The written statements were made to the U.S. District Court in Chicago inrelation to the arrest of Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, the son of Sinaloaleader Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada and allegedly the Sinaloa cartel’s"logistics coordinator."

"The DEA agents met with members of the cartel in Mexico to obtaininformation about their rivals and simultaneously built a network of informantswho sign drug cooperation agreements, subject to results, to enable them toobtain future benefits, including cancellation of charges in the U.S.,"reports El Universal, which also interviewed more than one hundred active andretired police officers as well as prisoners and experts.

Zambada-Niebla also alleged that Operation Fast and Furious was part of anagreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for information used totake down its rivals. (If true, that re-raises the issue regarding whatAttorney General Eric Holder knew about the gun-running arrangements.)

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-u...#ixzz2qW7vdEMU

Ex-DEA agent jumps jobs to join marijuanainvestment firm
    By Jonathan Kaminsky 1/20/2014

SEATTLE (Reuters) - In a decade with the Drug Enforcement Administration,Patrick Moen rose to supervise a team of agents busting methamphetamine andheroin rings in Oregon - before giving it all up to join the nascent legalmarijuana industry in nearby Washington state.

In November, the former federal drug agent quit his post to work for amarijuana industry investment firm, and says he relishes getting in on the groundfloor of a burgeoning industry he was once sworn to annihilate.
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-ex-dea-agent...--finance.html

At last, they themselves become drug dealers.

Cannibusiness has huge potential. HUGE. When venture capital and financiers leave Wall Street for Main Street start-ups, something big is on the horizon. Big Pharma, and even the beer/wine/spirits Industries have a new competitor. It's about damn time.

It's just unfortunate that this "battle" will be waged slowly, state-by-state. First in legalizing "medical marijuana", then de-criminalizing "recreational" use. The issue could be changed dramatically, and for the better, if the FDA simply changed the category/status of Cannabis.

Also, "drugs", or their effects, aren't what government agencies are really focused on.....but how people exchange them, and who's considered an "authorized" trade agent. I suppose that's code for patents and trade agreements, alongside taxation policy.

I can legally grow tobacco, grapes/fruits, hops, and poppies.....that become cigarettes, wine, beer, or even cocaine, for other people. But I can't legally grow cannabis, on my own property, for my personal use? But if I did anyway, and shared that with my neighbors, I could be convicted of a felony, with mandatory minimum sentence requirements? That's bullshit.

Sad to learn about Philip Seymour Hoffman's drug-related death.

It also puts Vermont Governor's State of the State address in a more contemporary light. Along with studies of urban waste-water treatment plants that show high (abusive) rates of amphetamine derivatives during scholastic/academic testing times. Houston, we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    It's just unfortunate that this "battle" will be waged slowly, state-by-state. First in legalizing "medical marijuana", then de-criminalizing "recreational" use. The issue could be changed dramatically, and for the better, if the FDA simply changed the category/status of Cannabis.
    Wow States figuring out something before the Feds...whodathunkit?

Welcome to the Libertarian Party!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Wow States figuring out something before the Feds...whodathunkit?

Welcome to the Libertarian Party!
    Is that how you view the Libertarian Party?

Are you purposefully obtuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Are you purposefully obtuse?
    Excuse me? The Libertarian Party wasn't rooted in State's Rights. I was you asking a dual question: how do you define and distinguish the party from its principles?

And the Democrat party wasn't rooted in civil rights either.

If you think Libertarians are not big on States rights...I'm just lost and done with you.

Libertarians are supposedly big on individual rights. Rights that can't be revoked by state ballot initiatives. Hello?

Yeah, that's ALL we believe in.

You ARE obtuse. And a troll.

Using derogatory terms isn't a good way to explain or defend principles. You can't just be against something (or someone). Ignoring the thread title and ensuing debate, and honing in on me doesn't do much. This is a much larger topic than posting personalities.

"Libertarian" principles, aimed at personal freedoms, are being co-opted by special interest groups that don't give a rat's ass about individuals, or personal freedoms. See Citizens United, state voter ID laws, state legislation against abortion/birth control laws, or same sex marriage.

It's part-and-parcel of the "Drug War Gone Mad", presented by elite political donors, believing they're in charge of public policy...because they can buy it, on behalf of their biggest lobbyists. It moves between Big Pharma, Big Insurance, the AMA, the DEA and DOJ. Powerful industries that don't necessarily protect the individual, let alone personal "freedoms".

Instead of "sentencing" drug users to rehab, for mental health intervention, we put them in jail/prison. When a high profile personality utilizes rehab, but relapses (or dies) we say rehab is no good anyway.

In essence, we're saying neither physicians, mental health experts, correctional officers...or legislators....have a clue to what the "drug war" means, or how to fight against it.
    Last edited by GGT; 02-04-2014 at 11:25 PM.

I'm not just against something. You just want to take the discussion in some odd direction, insinuating that people don't believe what they believe and STILL thinking that libertarians are anarchists.

Maybe you should review your discussion style.

So at this point...done with you.

Whoa there cowboy, I have never said, suggested, or insinuated that Libertarians are anarchists. WTF?

Also, there's a difference between advocating a Laissez-faire style of governance, and Libertarian principles.

Nations Largest Cocaine Smuggler Revealed: TheDEA

http://youtu.be/jbGaWSXfbWk

Mexico's largest cocaine cartel. The written testimony, combined with otherevidence, shows DEA officials met with leaders of the Sinaloa cartel more than50 times between 2000 and 2012. This would mean DEA-authorized drug smugglinggoes back to at least the beginning of the George W. Bush administration, andcontinued for a year under Barack Obama.

One of the groups leaders, Vincente Zambada-Niebla, claims the Americangovernment also sent military-grade weapons to Sinoloa. According to the latestrevelations, it was these weapons which were part of the Fast-and-Furious scandal.Automatic firearms which disappeared during that operation, led by Eric Holder,were used to kill U.S. Border agents.

This latest evidence and testimony points toward a massive scandal,involving both Republican and Democratic administrations. At the very least,this provides the best evidence so far that the Federal government wassponsoring the smuggling of billions of dollars of cocaine into the United States.Worse still, weapons purchased for the U.S. military may have been sent to thecartel, and used to kill American agents.

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    Mexico's largest cocaine cartel. The written testimony, combined with otherevidence, shows DEA officials met with leaders of the Sinaloa cartel more than50 times between 2000 and 2012. This would mean DEA-authorized drug smugglinggoes back to at least the beginning of the George W. Bush administration, andcontinued for a year under Barack Obama.

Watch the timing of the two news.

Guzman not likely to be in US court soon
    By ALICIA A. CALDWELL 2/23/2014
    WASHINGTON (AP) — After 13 years on the run, narrow escapes from themilitary, law enforcement and rivals, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman isback in Mexican custody. Now starts what is likely to be a lengthy andcomplicated legal process to decide which country gets to try him first.
    http://news.yahoo.com/guzman-not-lik...-politics.html
    Is it too coincident that the drug gang head could escape from capture for13 years? Was he under protection of the secret deal? Is it a cover upoperation after the secret deal was exposed to public?

PHOTOS OF A MEXICAN DRUG LORD'S HOME AFTER THERAID

AMAZING PHOTOS OF A MEXICAN DRUG LORDS HOME AFTERBEING RAIDED AND WHAT MORE THAN 23 BILLION IN CASH LOOKS LIKE -

The money and valuables found in this one housealone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man, women andchild in the USA for 12 years!

http://www.infojustice.com/Topics/29...er%20Raid.html
    That’s what they found in an unpopular drug gang.

It's 'only' 207 million though.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp

And a year's spending on healthcare in the us is over 2 trillion dollars, so about a hundred times what you claim that is, so about 10.000 times what is actually shown.

Oh and unlike what your link claims, seized money isn't burned, it's, well, seized.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The US would do better to take the money we spend on police forces, jails, prisons, public defenders....and funnel it to education, social services, mental health, and healthcare. And we might do better on all counts if the FDA stopped classifying marijuana (or THC) as a substance on par with morphine or other narcotics.

I'm not sure where the US is going....but I'm not happy with where we are. I can't buy pseudoephedrine as a common decongestant without showing my drivers license and signing a pharmacy form, but it's still considered "OTC" in many allergy and cold meds. Same thing with dextromethorphan as a cough suppressant.

Hell, the other day I tried to buy a homeopathic sleep medication with melatonin and L-tryptophan at the self-check-out....and had to wait for a teenager manning the computers to "approve" my purchase. And just today I watched an adult man with obvious flu symptoms, trying to buy Alka-Seltzer Plus at the "quick check terminal", waiting for someone to check his ID. It's ridiculous.

To put the "Drug War" into historical context.....diphenhydramine (benadryl) was once only available by prescription. Same thing for dramamine or scopalamine. If you had allergies or motion-sickness, you could only find relief via physicians with prescription powers. And if you had the flu with a nasty congestion and cough, only a physician could prescribe dextromethorphan or guaifenesin. But that was 1950's medicine, when doctors also made house calls....or would spend an hour doing complete physical exams.

We have achieved many things in the 21st century, including advanced medicine, but the pharmaceutical industry hasn't delivered the results it promised. I could go on...but don't have the energy atm to fight and argue with people who just want to fight and argue.

I think most folks on the board here agree with the idea that the US is wasting countless cash and man power on this drug war...cash that could go into treatment and other more useful pathways.

But just like gay marriage, this has to won state by state as the federal government has to be browbeaten into this.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    The US would do better to take the money we spend on police forces, jails, prisons, public defenders....and funnel it to education, social services, mental health, and healthcare.
    Go to hell.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I took it to mean all the money we spend on public defenders for the cases she doesn't believe should be put through the court system, like the petty drug charges. No arrest = no defenders.

but the wording, the wording is not so good.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Go to hell.
    Fuck off.

That doesn't work very well, does it?