Thread: What's On Your Bucket List?

Default What's On Your Bucket List?

List the things you want to do/experience/accomplish before you kick the bucket.

1. Visit the birthplaces of my grandparents (India/Italy/Cyprus).
    2. Build my own Cafe Racer.
    3. Experience zero gravity.

... that's all I can think of.

Yep zero gravity would be fun.

What's a cafe racer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Yep zero gravity would be fun.

What's a cafe racer?

Make a fart so smelly that I render myself unconscious
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Mix Second Hand Lions with The Bucket List and I should be good to go.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'd like to spend time in England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland...all of GB / UK. Not just as a tourist, but as a seasonal or temporary resident. It might be interesting and fun to trace my American heritage and genealogy back to its European roots....and meet distant relatives.

I'd also like to try my hand at hand-made things, before my hands become too arthritic. Throwing pottery, making leaded stained glass, tatting lace, knitting a sweater, crocheting doilies, ink-and-pen calligraphy.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I'd like to spend time in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern-Ireland...all of GB / UK.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Eh, the notion of having a bucket list makes me feel you're not living the live you want to live.
    Congratulations America

I'd also like to visit Australia, New Zealand, China, India. And maybe be a passenger on a barge or merchant ship, where I could witness and appreciate their labors and camaraderie, along with the scenery, with low fares. Slow boat to China?

Hazir, I think a "bucket list" means any dream that looks to the future. That helps us stay alive, or at least strive to be alive.

I second Hazir. If you'd value doing these things so much, why not just do them instead of using the prospect of death as the reason to follow through?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I was interested in what others had on their Bucket List. That's why. I didn't anticipate
    Make a fart so smelly that I render myself unconscious