Thread: Can anyone recommend a good chain-production-style game?

Default Can anyone recommend a good chain-production-style game?

I like strategy games where you have to think and looking for a decent game along the following lines if anyone can recommend one. Not where its the whole game but as a thinking factor that helps strategy.

One of my initial favourites in DOS was Colonization. Harvest some lumber with a lumberjack, get a carpenter to build a rum distillery, farm sugar with a sugar farmer, and get a master distiller to make the rum.
    Or another good one I liked for a while was Railroad Tycoon 3. Link a forest for wood, to a lumber yard to turn it to lumber, to a furniture factory.
    Another good one was the Port Royale series. Farm cotton and produce cloth, produce dye and combine to make clothes.

I thought X Rebirth might be along those lines in space but its disappointing right now. Can anyone recommend a good game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    The Settlers maybe?

And then there's the Anno series, of course. And the previous X games - like X: Terran Conflict or X: Albion Prelude.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I do like The Settlers and Anno yes so on that sort of line is good ...

Will have to try X3 I guess. Any others?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Get Albion Prelude if you go into the X series. I promise, it's better than Rebirth, although the UI is still a bit clunky and it's fairly slow paced.

Patrician series might also be up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Get Albion Prelude if you go into the X series. I promise, it's better than Rebirth, although the UI is still a bit clunky and it's fairly slow paced.

Patrician series might also be up your alley.
    Played one of the Patrician games, good fun.

Is it better to start with Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude? Downloaded AP and its installed TC too it seems.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Terran Conflict has more storylines, Albion Prelude has a bit more features, including a stock market.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Just go with Albion Prelude. It's basically Terran Conflict+.

The storylines are all shit anyways, the most fun to be had is in going off and doing your own thing.