Thread: More Erdogan madness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Btw, does the Turkish constitution really explicitly allow or even require the armed forces to intervene eg. when Turkey's secular nature is threatened or in any such situation?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Btw, does the Turkish constitution really explicitly allow or even require the armed forces to intervene eg. when Turkey's secular nature is threatened or in any such situation?
    As far as I know yes. You should not forget the present constitution was written by the generals who disposed of the civil government in september 1980. The way I understand it, article 4 of the Constitution, which declares even proposals for changes to the first 3 articles illegal was put there to curtail the powers of civil society.
    Last edited by Hazir; 07-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    As far as I know yes. You should not forget the present constitution was written by the generals who disposed of the civil government in september 1980
    I ask because I keep seeing the claim but I've been unable to find the specific text that grants the armed forces this power.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I ask because I keep seeing the claim but I've been unable to find the specific text that grants the armed forces this power.
    See my edit.
    Congratulations America