Thread: Just another example of why guns are great!

Default Just another example of why guns are great!

https://fox56.com/news/local/alleged...-monroe-county

"EAST STROUDSBURG, MONROE COUNTY (WOLF) — One man was shot and killed and another seriously injured after five of them attempted to burglarize a home in East Stroudsburg.

Police say it happened around 5:45pm Monday at a home on McKinley Way in Smithfield Township.

During an attempted robbery, the victim, 26-year-old Tyheem Downs, fought his attackers and used a gun during the confrontation.

A 23-year-old from New Jersey was shot and killed. His name has not yet been released by authorities.

Another of the assailants, Unique K. Rainey, a 23-year-old from Scranton, was seriously injured and the three other known suspects; a 21-year-old from Scranton, a 19-year-old from East Stroudsburg, and another from Scranton, fled the scene.

Police say this was an isolated incident and believe Downs was specifically targeted. There is no threat to the general public.

This investigation is ongoing.
    "

Anyone participating in a home invasion is bad news. But because the man had a gun they were unsuccessful and more importantly a lifetime of criminal activity from the 23 year old was stopped forever. Had he not been killed he likely would be committing more robberies, assaults or worse for another three decades! With so many negative stories dominating the media its nice to have a little bit of joy like this story every now and then.

For every case like that one, there are ten like this: https://www.abc15.com/news/national/...-rage-incident

By the way, if you read between the lines, the "hero" was a drug dealer.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Thank God for guns. Without them world population would be double what it is.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    For every case like that one, there are ten like this: https://www.abc15.com/news/national/...-rage-incident

By the way, if you read between the lines, the "hero" was a drug dealer.
    I think drugs should be legalized anyway, and the worst person in the world still has the right to self defense when criminals try to rob him.

https://abc11.com/child-dies-acciden...nter/10469638/

It's a tragedy of course, but accidents like this are worth it so Lewk can get his death fap fix.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I think drugs should be legalized anyway, and the worst person in the world still has the right to self defense when criminals try to rob him.
    And yet if he was shot in his own home by the police, you'd say he deserved it.
    Hope is the denial of reality

In China there are mass stabbers lately. So if you take guns from people, they will use knives.
    Within 3 meters a knife is more dangerous than a gun.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    In China there are mass stabbers lately. So if you take guns from people, they will use knives.
    In 2019, there was a lone wolf style terrorist attack in Manchester, where a man ran around attacking people with a knife. There were no fatalities, and one women escaped without injury, even though he tried to stab her, simply though the fact it was winter and she wore a thick jacket. Knives are incredibly dangerous weapons, but comparing them to guns is lol.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by ar81 View Post
    I'm sorry but what the fuck do you plan to do to me with a knife from almost 10 feet away?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry but what the fuck do you plan to do to me with a knife from almost 10 feet away?
    Run
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I don’t think you realize how close that is, and how quickly that 10 feet can be closed.

The "21 foot rule" thing is legitimate, people don't understand how quickly someone with murderous intent can act.

A test is in order. On the one hand a guy with a knife, on the other a guy with a gun.

Where's Mythbusters when you need 'em?
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    A test is in order. On the one hand a guy with a knife, on the other a guy with a gun.

First to kill 20 wins?

I think Mythbusters already did that test, but regardless, much is situational. At 10 feet if I have a gun drawn and pointed at your chest there's probably a pretty good chance that you are dead. If my gun is holstered, or I am taken unawares, or I need to perform an action to make my firearm ready, (loading a round, disengaging a safety, etc...) then that changes the math considerably. I am a relatively tall individual, and 10 feet is roughly a stride and my arms reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I think Mythbusters already did that test, but regardless, much is situational. At 10 feet if I have a gun drawn and pointed at your chest there's probably a pretty good chance that you are dead. If my gun is holstered, or I am taken unawares, or I need to perform an action to make my firearm ready, (loading a round, disengaging a safety, etc...) then that changes the math considerably. I am a relatively tall individual, and 10 feet is roughly a stride and my arms reach.
    We're talking about the serial killer or agressor, not the targeted individual, who is holding the weapon. At least, that was ar's scenario. Acting, not reacting.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I mean, that's just an expression of the fact that having your weapon ready is better than not having your weapon ready, and action is faster than reaction. Whatever advantages a knife has in these situations are even more true of a gun.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This tangent is about "mass stabbers" and, on average, you aren't gonna see as many people being killed with a knife during a single spree by a single attacker as you might when the attacker is armed with a gun or guns.

We're talking about the serial killer or agressor, not the targeted individual, who is holding the weapon. At least, that was ar's scenario. Acting, not reacting.
    I was responding directly to OG who was asking what someone with a knife is going to do to him from 10 feet away. The answer is potentially quite a bit, because 10 feet is almost nothing.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-15-2021 at 09:38 PM.

This is why metric is better. 3 meters is a small number, so it's obvious how little distance is actually is.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Getting a kick out of the idea that to defend the claim that a knife is more dangerous than a gun at a distance that is greater than a grizzy bear is tall (to of course defend guns lol), the responses all boil down to...

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."