Thread: RIP Oldmunchkin

Default RIP Oldmunchkin

http://www.niobraracountylibrary.org...ex.php?id=7351

She always said she'd never see 50. I hope her death was painless and peaceful....

Damn. I wondered where she'd gone.

SHIIIIIT !

Poor Munch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

whoa
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

You'll be missed Munchkin.

This is shocking news; especially since 'I think' I recently noticed a post by her and was wondering about her. Thanks for pointing out GGT, if you or anybody here has any direct connection to her family please extend my sympathy to them. It's sad to lose a member of our community for good.
    Congratulations America

Aww that's sad. She was a lovely lady, had many pleasant conversations with her both on the forum and in the past on MSN Messenger. She always seemed caring and considerate. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

RIP
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Hope is the denial of reality

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Rest peacefully.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This is really sad. She last came here around October of last year, best as I can tell.

She didn't have it easy, but I hope her family was at least able to support her as she got worse.

Looks like this was a while ago. GGT, how did you find out? Knew her name and just decided to search one day? I didn't know of any other forums where she had been lurking.

I believe this was her:

Per: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/oldmunchkin/profile/

In case that site ever deletes obits:
    Spoiler:

The Lusk Herald
    May 15, 2013

Sally Jane Bryant was born on January 12, 1964 at the Spencer Hospital in Lusk, Wyo. She passed away on May 8, 2013 at the Niobrara Health and Life Center in Lusk after a long illness.

Her parents were Howell F. “Burr” Bryant and Winifred J. (Ward) Bryant of Hat Creek, Wyo. Sally grew up on the family ranch, learning how to ride horses at a very early age. She also had a passion for the ranch life style and enjoyed being of assistance to her parents. The school bus transported her to the Niobrara County Schools and she was a member of the Fairview 4-H club, Job’s Daughters, and studied piano with Evelyn Lang for eight years, as well as the trombone in the high school band.

She was invited to participate in the “Miss United Teenager Pageant” in Casper at the Holiday Inn where she won the Miss Congeniality Trophy. Sally also loved competing in rodeo: both Rodeo Bible Camp and 4-H events. Her horse “Sis” was her pride and joy. She also enjoyed showing her sheep and horse at the county fair.

In 1981, she moved to Cody, Wyo. to live with her Aunt Della and Uncle Jerry Ward. While living there she earned her GED in Powell, Wyo. in 1981. Sally later returned to Lusk to live on the family ranch and worked as a waitress as well as caretaker for the First Baptist Church for several years. She also did housework and yard work for many people throughout her life. Recently she began her own business, Sally’s Laundry Service, with encouragement from Pete Pier, owner of The Econowash Laundromat, where she was also employed.

Sally is survived by her mother Winifred Bryant, son Gregory Bryant of Lusk, step-daughter Connie Schilling of Casper and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and friends; and special friends Glenn Taylor and Pete Pier. She was preceded in death by her father Howell Bryant.

Services will be held on Friday, May 17th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church. Pier Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Memorials may be made to the donor’s choice.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Well, damn. RIP Munchkin.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Thanks for the heads up GGT. Rest in Peace Munchkin.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    This is really sad. She last came here around October of last year, best as I can tell.

She didn't have it easy, but I hope her family was at least able to support her as she got worse.

Looks like this was a while ago. GGT, how did you find out? Knew her name and just decided to search one day? I didn't know of any other forums where she had been lurking.
    Sounds hokey, but I was awakened from sleep with a "bad feeling" about munchkin. It might have been a dream, but I don't remember having the dream. She had posted frequently about her Veteran father, and small Wyoming towns like Cody and Lusk. Her father's obituary was fairly predominant in the Lusk Herald, which led me to Niobrara County Library public announcements links.

But I knew her "real life" name from our times as Atari Game Guides, and forum moderators.

RIP Munch.

Death sucks.
    RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

RIP
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Aww man
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Sounds hokey, but I was awakened from sleep with a "bad feeling" about munchkin. It might have been a dream, but I don't remember having the dream. She had posted frequently about her Veteran father, and small Wyoming towns like Cody and Lusk. Her father's obituary was fairly predominant in the Lusk Herald, which led me to Niobrara County Library public announcements links.

But I knew her "real life" name from our times as Atari Game Guides, and forum moderators.
    Instincts like that have merit, in my view. Just too bad, but thank you for going with your gut and finding out.

Strange, for some reason I can not explain I remembered her this week.
    Congratulations America

You guys realize she died over 2 years ago don't you ?
    Congratulations America