Thread: The proof that playing games could be dangerous for kids...

Default The proof that playing games could be dangerous for kids...

You may thing playing games is nice for kids.
    They will use toys, perhaps a doll or perhaps a Playstation.
    But not all toys intended for kids must be used by kids to play games.

Popular Mechanics: Dangerous toys - 5 banned games

So if you are a parent, be aware that not all toys are safe, specially if your kid is doing something like mixing hydrazine in the garage to go to the backyard to send a rocket to the sky...

Well, you may buy them the Top 5 Toys for Spoiled Children.

I owned lawn darts, but mine didn't have a deadly tip, but I do remember many games of everyone throwing them up in the air and then running like hell to see who got hit.

The Slip N' Slide is a darwin toy. Only the most idiotic of people get injuried on that without expecting it.
    I don't think they're banned either, we just bought one last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post

The Slip N' Slide is a darwan toy. Only the most idiotic of people get injuried on that without expecting it.
    I don't think they're banned either, we just bought one last summer.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

my bad, i tried to punch that post out real quick before leaving my station.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Be careful about not getting hurt with your console...
    Or they could ban console games.

I would say more people have been injured by standing on lego blocks than by war, famine, death and aids combined. Where the funk are all these studies and groups when im sat in my pants on the stairs at midnight, holding my foot and crying quietly?
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    I would say more people have been injured by standing on lego blocks than by war, famine, death and aids combined. Where the funk are all these studies and groups when im sat in my pants on the stairs at midnight, holding my foot and crying quietly?
    Holy shit, I just sprayed coke all over my screen.

It's funny because it's true! I remember having hundreds of lego brick and barefeet related injuries
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    The lone lego naturally wishes to return to the herd and be constructed, as they are a social animal. Lacking a means of locomotion, the lego has developed a symbiotic relationship with human beings. This symbiosis is beneficial to both species. The lego gains a means of locomotion and construction, and the human a sense of joy and accomplishment. There are, however, some rogue legos who are prone to inflicting pain and suffering in their pursuit of their biological goals. Scientists theorize that this behavior arose to exploit a certain biological niche, mainly those humans either unaware, or apathetic towards the lego's existence and its goals.
    . . .

Legos are bad enough, but Matchbox Cars cause bleeding.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Spawnie!

Legos are worse. THE worst.

I have a dozen boxes filled to the top of legos. Best thing ever from my elementary school point in life. That and plastic army men.

Be careful, an army of toys could kill you if you let them... they outnumber you.