Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine

I'm guessing there are no math teachers amongst the separatists.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Everything is fine with mathematicians in Donetsk what your source did there is modified the number for from 89.07 to 89.7 and then instead of calling it the result called it participation. another case of lying or at best poor journalism but i doubt it. Here is a link to actual results as they were announced.
    http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_0...nal-data-3520/

Also I never claimed moral equality with US that would be like claiming equality with a steaming pile of shit. I still do not see what you reproach Putin in this case he called on the referendum to be postponed the population did not listen to him and held it anyway. While nobody claims that it is accurate to last % point in fact I would venture to say that majority of those that did not participate would have voted against. But the lines at the ballot points clearly showed the people sentiment and Russia's position is that the result should respected as such and Kiev should engage in dialogue with the Regions that don't accept the rule of the illegitimate government in Kiev. Pretty consistent position I would say. Russia did not recognize the independence of the 2 regions nor did it move to to accept Donetsk in to the federation following the request to my sincere regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    Everything is fine with mathematicians in Donetsk what your source did there is modified the number for from 89.07 to 89.7 and then instead of calling it the result called it participation. another case of lying or at best poor journalism but i doubt it. Here is a link to actual results as they were announced.
    http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_0...nal-data-3520/
    Asmodian's right on this one, and the math discrepancy is one I should have noticed before I posted it. I didn't look at it too closely because everyone already knows the vote was fraudulent, and I liked the idea that they screwed up their fraud beyond simply making it preposterously contrary to the results of all independent polls in the region. Now he'll cling to this one time he was right, and extend it to believe he's always right 100% of the time, dismissing all evidence to the contrary. For this, I apologize.

Also I never claimed moral equality with US that would be like claiming equality with a steaming pile of shit. I still do not see what you reproach Putin in this case he called on the referendum to be postponed the population did not listen to him and held it anyway.
    Are you that gullible? If Putin was against the vote taking place, would he instantly recognize the results? He has one message aimed at the West, whose purpose is to limit the extent of a Western response, and another message at his supporters.

As for the lines, an independent poll showed that most Russian-speakers in eastern Ukraine don't want to join Russia. But I guess that means less to you than images shown on the piece of propaganda known as Russian TV. Are you seriously claiming that the vote that was held is meaningful in any way? What exactly do long lines show? Millions of people live in the affected regions. If even 10% wanted to join Russia, then there would be hundreds of thousands of people in those lines. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Are you that gullible? If Putin was against the vote taking place, would he instantly recognize the results? He has one message aimed at the West, whose purpose is to limit the extent of a Western response, and another message at his supporters.

As for the lines, an independent poll showed that most Russian-speakers in eastern Ukraine don't want to join Russia. But I guess that means less to you than images shown on the piece of propaganda known as Russian TV. Are you seriously claiming that the vote that was held is meaningful in any way? What exactly do long lines show? Millions of people live in the affected regions. If even 10% wanted to join Russia, then there would be hundreds of thousands of people in those lines. So what?
    vote was not about joining Russia but then you would not know since you just spew bullshit, I am certain that the vote reflected the feeling of the people and I know from first hand as i mentioned before.

vote was not about joining Russia but then you would not know since you just spew bullshit, I am certain that the vote reflected the feeling of the people and I know from first hand as i mentioned before.
    The vote was entirely fraudulent. It reflected nothing. If we we had a vote in the South about seceding from the US, we'd no doubt have lines just as long.

You really need to read about selection bias (and fraud for that matter).

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Riiight. As if we'd trust any kind of vote which neither safeguards against double-voting nor does have any kind of identity checks in place.

Get real.

And "the feeling of the people"? Seriously?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Or where the results don't magically match those predicted by the separatist leaders in a phone call a week before the vote.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yeah, but I'd think that my two arguments would, even if nothing else had happened, still be enough reason for any kind of non-kangoroo court to scoff at the notion that this had been a valid voting.

Seriously, lawyers would have a field day with such a voting.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

The thing is that this was pathetic even by Russian standards. Anyone who's defending this vote in any way is either brain-damaged or incapable of honesty.

When you're playing a PR war honesty doesn't really have a place.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...l#.U3PovPldWao
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-14-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Maybe all the police officers can just move to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    When you're playing a PR war honesty doesn't really have a place.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...l#.U3PovPldWao
    What's wrong with this webdesigner? I can almost read that page without my glasses.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Protip: hold control and roll your mousewheel forward. There's no reason you should need to pull out your glasses for websites if you don't want to.

Been there, done that. Still, that design sucks.

The western backed junta in Kiev, installed in February of this year after years of planning by the US/CIA/USAID/NATO/EU and billions of dollars spent on NGOs, destabilization teams, installing and paying for puppets and training, arming and backing far right nazi paramilitary groups and paying mercenaries from the Greystone private CIA army, may finally be showing the first signs of what has to be its imminent demise. Unless the breakup of Ukraine was the plan all along (which may be a possibility) the imminence of that demise should have been forecasted as well as the fact that the Ukrainian people would never support nazis in power. Knowing US foreign policy and their disasters all over the world one might then assume that Ukraine was just another failed US operation of historic proportions carried out by ignorant myopic planners delusional in their own invincibility.
    More

For Asmodian. Finally, an unbiased report, right?

If kat is on your side, that's pretty definitive proof that you're wrong.

France has decided that selling weapons to Russia, and their domestic economy, is more important than EU in general. It's not clear to me if European nations are willing to enact economic sanctions on Putin's Russia....and absorb higher energy costs at the same time. But I have a hunch they rely on US military power for their decisions.

I wondered how long it would be before kat became a fan of Russia Today.

Ukrainians Capture USMercenary in Kharkov

http://youtu.be/QFBU4GwBa1s

He said, “I’m US citizen”.

Seems legit

Russia state-owned gas firm Gazprom has cut off supplies to Ukraine after negotiators failed to resolve a payment dispute before a key deadline expired. Representatives from Ukraine, Russia and the European Union held meetings over the weekend in an effort to avert the crisis, but no agreement was reached.

Gazprom said Monday that Ukraine's total debt is $4.5 billion. The state-owned gas firm will now only deliver gas that Ukraine has paid for in advance.

"At this moment no payments for old debt or June were paid," said Gazprom spokesman Sergey Kupriyanov. "All charts show zeroes."

In April, Gazprom hiked the price it charges Ukraine by about 80% to $485.50 per thousand cubic meters of gas. By comparison, Gazprom charged European countries an average of $377.50 per thousand cubic meters in 2013.

"Due to the intentional unilateral refusal by Russia to settle this conflict, Ukraine's and the EU's energy security are being undermined," Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Friday.

The gas dispute between Moscow and Kiev has escalated as relations between the two countries have deteriorated.

Europe and the U.S. have imposed sanctions on Russia for its annexation of Crimea, while analysts have accused Russia of using natural gas supplies as a political tool.

In recent weeks, violence has again flared in eastern Ukraine as government forces clashed with pro-Russian militants.

Europe relies on Russia for more than 30% of its gas, and half of that is pumped through Ukraine. Any significant disruption in supplies to Ukraine could hurt European companies and households.
    Source

Eh, knew it was coming.

Source

Eh, knew it was coming.
    *blinks* $377.50/1000cubic meters was the average price last year? Isn't that like half again the winter-high prices over here?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    *blinks* $377.50/1000cubic meters was the average price last year? Isn't that like half again the winter-high prices over here?
    European natgas prices are definitely absurd. US prices are running far lower, mostly because of limited export licenses/capability and fracking. It's actually quite interesting that because of the practical issues associated with natural gas arbitrage (e.g. the cost and availability of liquefaction and pipelines) you still get huge regional differences in gas prices. Even crazier is that since long term contracts have generally been indexed to oil prices, you get all sorts of weird pricing movements even from adjacent countries or regions. This is slowly changing, but there's still big variations in the price different countries and regions pay for gas. It's nothing like other globally traded commodities, where significant price differentials get arbitraged away if the cost of transport is sufficiently low (e.g. oil, metals, etc.).

Even with other commodities, though, you can temporarily get price differentials that matter. North Sea Brent, for example, has been trading at a premium to West Texas Intermediate since roughly the Libya crisis started; at the same time that European crude supplies were getting stretched from production disruptions and aging fields, prices in Cushing were getting depressed by abundant shale and tar sands oil which aren't getting to export markets (or even coastal markets) quickly enough. This premium has narrowed as other supplies and transportation came online, but it's still a phenomenon.

Source

Eh, knew it was coming.
    Like I said on page two: "Gazprom is part of the problem. In larger context, energy policy."

US Refuses To Take Back 13Dead CIA Spies Killed In Ukraine

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

A stunning Ministry of Defense (MoD) report circulating in the Kremlintoday states that the United States has refused to repatriate the bodies of 13Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) military operatives killed when theirhelicopters were shot down by pro-federalist forces on the outskirts ofSlavyansk, eastern Ukraine this past Friday.

According to this report, on 2 May the Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion ofthe 25th Separate Dnipropetrovsk Airborne Brigade of the Ukrainian Army, whichhad defected to the side of the pro-federalists in April, fired upon and downedtwo Russian made Mil Mi-17 transport helicopters belonging to the Ukrainian AirForce that had been attempting to land CIA military “command and control”operatives into the battle zone of Slavyansk.

Of the 14 CIA military operatives aboard the two Mil Mi-17’s, this reportcontinues, only one survived, who was initially identified as Captain Savuilov[photo 2nd left], but whose subsequent questioning revealed him to be anemployee of the American mercenary company named Greystone Ltd.
    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1767.htm

WikiLeaks : Ukraine ‘s new president was a U.S. StateDepartment informants

International OnlineZhuangao : According to the Voice of Russia on June 12 reported that WikiLeakshas exposed two U.S. diplomatic cables , said the newly elected Ukrainianpresident Peter Poroshenko (Petr Poroshenko) was a U.S. State Departmentinformant . A top secret U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, April 29, 2006 sent in thefront , twice mentioned the now world-famous chocolate tycoon.

WikiLeaks exposure , in2006 , Poroshenko to the former United States Ambassador to Ukraine John Herbst(John Herbst) to form a coalition government to disclose the Ukrainian internalinformation . He updated the current situation to form a coalition governmentto Herbst , saying he is ” Our Ukraine – People’s self-defense ” (NashaUkrayina) political party insider insider . The party formed by formerUkrainian President Viktor Yushchenko (Viktor Yushchenko) leadership , verypopular with Western leaders.

However , at that timedid not believe in Herbst Poroshenko , but questioned the credibility of theinformation provided .
    http://www.enews163.com/2014/06/13/w...ure-14858.html