Page 101 of 209 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Aiminx, your whole post is chock-full of innuendo. Made me laugh.

I think we adopted a new member of the family.
    Poor thing was under a neighbors porch for 3 days, whining continuously, all day, and all night.
    Went right to Stephen. Nobody else could approach it.

KITTY!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

oh my GOD so adorable
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Took my car in for service. Scheduled the oil change on Tuesday , and the oil light came on today on the way out there. Can't get any more spot on than that

35,000 miles, over 4 years, so not bad at all. Required a few extra "services" which of course are always overpriced at the dealership, but I managed to make a deal to replace some cosmectic chrome that had been bumped or stripped a couple of years ago, for free. In exchange for getting the work done at the dealership. So I think I made out pretty good. Place is a Caddy joint now, and its the darnest thing seeing a waiting room of old white people and tatted-up black guys conversing like it was Sunday brunch.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Man cave... I am sitting here sipping a beer, listening to music, tinkering with my bike, playing 'puter games and smurfing the web in my very own man-cave and I couldn't give a rats arse what is going on anywhere else.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    A good day at work. There's this NMR spectrum that has given me quite a headache for a while - I took another look at it today, and I suddenly understood what I'm looking at. I had forgotten that my molecule's an alkene, the double bond of which I had constructed in a reaction that doesn't give any stereoselectivity, therefore, two isomers are possible. And, my spectrum was that of the mixture of the isomers. Silly me. Though I had previously assumed the spectra of the both isomers should be nearly identical, and for a good reason (and I was wrong only because of a certain hydrogen bond possible in only one of the isomers - no differences apart from that)

So, to sum up, I realized I haven't been producing some useless side product for the last month or so, as I had previously thought. And - for some reason I haven't dumped any of the products, despite my assumptions that they weren't the compound I needed. Yay!
    In other news, local police have begun investigating increased quantities of ecstacy hitting the streets.

Just got back from almost a week at the Ghent International Film Festival!

It really was a blast. Because a short film a friend of mine directed, and I was the producer/production manager, I got free tickets to the opening film (which was awesome), the reception afterward (drank way too much cava..), and a pass that granted free access to pretty much all films Saw 6 feature films Our short film was shown in a section with 9 other short films, all from students at Belgian film academies. My friend's school can be pleased: 5/10 were from their school. The quality of the films surprised me, they were all excellent! (though one in particular was way too 'artsy' for me and didn't really seem to have a story - but it was well made and had beautiful shots). Ours was well received by the public, and one of the other directors reckons the prize will be either our film, or one other Personally I think it will go to the other one though - it was also well made, a cute story, and heart-warming. Then again, the quality of all films was excellent, so it could really be any of the films, except for 2 or 3 that don't seem to stand a chance. Really depends what the jury likes and values. Would be cool if we win, not only because of the €2000 that comes with it

Had a show with my band inbetween too, which was pretty cool as well. Tiny venue, crap sound, but fun. And on sunday there was another viewing of our film, together with a bunch of other student shorts (which were fun as well, though less good as ours of course ), and that made us €200 which is nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Amsterdamned and loving it!
    Nice to hear Sorry I didn't get around to giving tips of what to do/visit. What did you see and do?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Bitter, that kitten reminds me of P6! Looks a lot like her!

Although it's a sad reason she is here, a really special friend has been here for a couple days. She went home tonight but will be back either Thursday or Sunday! The happy part is that she and I have actually gotten to spend some time together, doing nothing but talking! I made dinner for her Monday night, and she stayed until something like 3AM! "They" say that if you have a friend that you don't see for years, but when you do get to see them, it's like they never left! Well, that's Von and I! We hadn't seen or talked to each other, except on Facebook, for almost 7 years, yet when she walked in, it was just like we picked up on a conversation that was interrupted for a bathroom break!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Nice to hear Sorry I didn't get around to giving tips of what to do/visit. What did you see and do?
    It was fabulous, we both had a great time.

It did piss down with rain for the whole time, but we mostly just chilled, soaked up the cafe lifestyle, drank great beer, watched the Amsterdammers amble by, ate in some great restaurants and chatted to very friendly locals.

Did one of the historic canal walks starting along the Oudesijds Voorburgwal, looked around the Bloemenmarkt (and picked up some huge Amaryllis bulbs which we've planted back here). Didn't make it to the Museumplein which I'd wanted to, but it was too rainy.

So many fucking bikes! Bikes lying everywhere! I understand from the locals it's a bit of a problem, and the council are collecting up to 15,000 abandoned bikes annually, but geez!

Extremely impressed with Schiphol too. Now that's an airport.

Oh, and drank some Kwak in a lively little bar one night!

Kwak ! Glasses are a bitch to clean, though

What's so special about Schiphol?
    Last edited by Flixy; 10-19-2011 at 04:09 PM.

There I am thinking your facial growth suddenly got eyes BJ. Cute Kitteh though !

I visited my EMT friend who was in a nasty ambulance rollover last week at the hospital last night. Despite her shattered left hip and broken right pelvis, she was in good spirits and we spent a lot of time joking and laughing. Looking forward to her potential release to come home later today.

I obtained a reflux condenser (a fairly good Allihn condenser), brand new (well, actually, it's older than me but it's never been used) for free! Those things cost a fortune in glassware store.
    Only one piece remains till my masterpiece is complete! *insane laughter*
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

I was one of the crazy ones who braced the terrible heat and mass crowds today as Queen Elizabeth made an appearance in Brisbane

Ok so you couldn't exactly see her in my lame attempt at a video but I thought it was 'cool' to see the Queen in real life.

Yeah, I think the Queen (and seeing her in RL) is pretty cool as well. I like monarchy and such things, despite supporting social progression and technologically-supported evolution.

My great-great-great-grand boss is Queen's husband, actually. Prince Phillip.

Yeah, anyway she's still the head of state of this country so may as well

Scarlett is 2 today. Been a crazy couple of years full of having my mind blown. Including today when she woke me up with a peace sign and "I'm two".
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Happy Birthday Scarlett! She and I have the same birthday!

Also, random blurp: I noticed that the color Scarlet is actually in my Crayola 24 pack I bought last year. Weird combinations of classic colors and new ones in that box!

Congratulations to both of you
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

'ppy belated birthday Cat.

~

Been called in for a second interview, with one of the Partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Scarlett is 2 today. Been a crazy couple of years full of having my mind blown. Including today when she woke me up with a peace sign and "I'm two".
    Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Happy Birthday Scarlett! She and I have the same birthday!

Also, random blurp: I noticed that the color Scarlet is actually in my Crayola 24 pack I bought last year. Weird combinations of classic colors and new ones in that box!
    Hey, now! Happy Birthday, Catgrrl! Maybe you don't like to be in the spot-light, so your birth date wasn't public. But now that you've said so (sneaky girl)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAT!

A late happy birthday Cat.
    Good luck! I hope you get the job.

'ppy belated birthday Cat.

~

Happy Belated birthday Cat.

Tim, fingers crossed for you.

My Halloween costume has arrived, I can't wait to wear it at a party.

I'm going to London on Friday and Saturday as my birthday treat. Me! In London! The City!

I don't "do" London. Big cities scare me; but I'm looking forward to it this time. Going to the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and going to "see a show". No idea what show - it's a surprise!

Seeing gogodaddypop is making me happy right now.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I'm going to London on Friday and Saturday as my birthday treat. Me! In London! The City!

I don't "do" London. Big cities scare me; but I'm looking forward to it this time. Going to the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and going to "see a show". No idea what show - it's a surprise!
    I hope you go to see Jersey Boys, absolutely fantastic show and a nice theatre. However, so are most of the shows but let us know which one you went to.

Working at home today and hearing the dog SNORE in the chair behind me.

She's 3, but I still call 'em puppy snores.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Beavis and butthead are back

Shameless plug for my Alma Mater (Indiana University). Great pride and joy that one of the main forces behind the expansion of Medical Clinical Education (and Clerkship) is my ex-brother-in-law. He's one of the Good Guys.