Page 102 of 209 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Raising my prices has shown an increase in profit, so, I did something I have been wanting for a loooong time. I reinvested a chunk of those profits and purchased GemVisions Matrix 3D CAD/CAM design software. I did finagle a bit of a discount because the software is based on Rhino 3D which I already own. The new version should ship soon, and I can start playing. I will take the training courses in the begining of next year, because I could only learn so much on my own using Rhino before it got frustrating.

What this means, is I can create a cataolgue of my designs, without having to actually physically make each piece.
    It also means I am the only jeweler in the building that will offer CAD/CAM services. And only one of a few (that I am aware of) in the city.
    My next big goal is to purchase a Mill/Prototyping machine. But that's a ways off.

I am sooo excited about this!

Nice

A while back I bought Bad Company 2 from Impulse (before Gamestop bought it) when it was sale. Just for shits and giggles I attempted to activate the CDKey in Origin and it not only worked, it upgraded the game to the digital deluxe edition. To bad I didn't figure this out sooner.

I'm going to run every CDKey I have through their activation site... https://activate.ea.com/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    On that note, EA's Origin may find itself in pretty hot water over here.

Someone finally woke up and found their EULA's legalese which, in effect, grants EA the permission to look at each and every file on your computer to be just a tiny bit against the law.

And before you say that Origin does not do a deep scan - it actually does. Someone used SysInternal's ProcessExplorer to monitor Origin's methods. Lo and behold! it actually accesses highly sensitive material like tax reports...
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I hope you go to see Jersey Boys, absolutely fantastic show and a nice theatre. However, so are most of the shows but let us know which one you went to.
    I went to see Backbeat! T'was great because I had no idea it even existed. The film was one of my favourites when I was 15 and just discovering the Beatles, and the show was great. Lots of live music and true to the film - Mrs Gogo did very, very well!

Had a good time in London. Went to the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the Imperial War Museum and saw lots of cool stuffs. Did what seemed like 200 miles of walking and spent what seemed like 200 hours on the tube, but it was good fun.

So now I'm 30. Booking my first helicopter lesson tomorrow. Woo woo!

So I hear I have a van Dyke good to finally have a name for it.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I went to see Backbeat! T'was great because I had no idea it even existed. The film was one of my favourites when I was 15 and just discovering the Beatles, and the show was great. Lots of live music and true to the film - Mrs Gogo did very, very well!

Had a good time in London. Went to the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the Imperial War Museum and saw lots of cool stuffs. Did what seemed like 200 miles of walking and spent what seemed like 200 hours on the tube, but it was good fun.
    Glad you enjoyed this nation's fine capital.

Booking my first helicopter lesson tomorrow. Woo woo!
    come again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Pictures!

Went to see Ralph Fiennes in The Tempest in London on the weekend. It was incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Went to see Ralph Fiennes in The Tempest in London on the weekend. It was incredible!
    Talented family

The wedding planning has officially begun, draft guest list has been written up, colour scheme selected, a nice choice of '1st dance' songs and 5 venues selected. We're visiting one of the venues tonight, one tomorrow and the rest over the weekend I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    come again?
    Yarp!

Just trying to find out if they do lessons on a Sunday (as I look after Clara on a Saturday coz Mrs Gogo works).

Getting bored of Systems Analysis. Need something new. Seriously considering a change in career and I thought that flying a helicopter for a living would be pretty fun, right?

Oh yeah, btw, can anyone lend me £20k?
    Last edited by gogobongopop; 10-31-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Candy everwhere!!

And the best part, Ocean isn't allowed to have any, so I'm claiming at least a 3rd of their haul. Fuck yeah!
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'll need your soul as collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Candy everwhere!!

And the best part, Ocean isn't allowed to have any, so I'm claiming at least a 3rd of their haul. Fuck yeah!
    We have a ton. No crap candy, either.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I have a ton, but only because we had 3 kids show up. All the neighbors on our street weren't home so no one bothered to walk this way. Good thing I only buy candy that I'll eat myself

Seriously considering a change in career and I thought that flying a helicopter for a living would be pretty fun, right?
    Fuck yeh!

Something I've always fancied doing.

Try reading Chickenhawk By Robert Mason. Accounts of a Huey pilot in Vietnam, how he learned to fly choppers, what it was like being one of the masses of chopper pilots in Vietnam, how choppers were central to the US strategy. It's a great book if you like choppers.

Yarp!

Just trying to find out if they do lessons on a Sunday (as I look after Clara on a Saturday coz Mrs Gogo works).

Getting bored of Systems Analysis. Need something new. Seriously considering a change in career and I thought that flying a helicopter for a living would be pretty fun, right?

Have you thought about joining the forces and doing it that way? Obviously with the missus and the baby it's not the best idea, but the opportunities and the idea of flying an Apache could sway it.

I think I just pissed off my Bible-thumping cousin with my Halloween discussion. I ought to be upset, but I'm happy I stood up to her; although I was a bit passive-aggressive about it

For Nessie ...

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Fracking tests near Blackpool 'likely cause' of tremors

It is "highly probable" that shale gas test drilling triggered earth tremors in Lancashire, a study has found.

But the report, commissioned by energy firm Cuadrilla, also said the quakes were due to an "unusual combination of geology at the well site".

It said conditions which caused the minor earthquakes were "unlikely to occur again".

Anti-fracking activists who have climbed a rig near Southport in protest said it "did not inspire confidence".

Four protesters from campaign group Frack Off have climbed the drilling rig at one of the test drilling sites in Hesketh Bank.

The group is against fracking ... [read on]

nanotubes in damascus swords

It's amazing how much your health can improve with just one week where exercise, food and sleep is perfect.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Work finally has a facebook page, after fighting with lawyers for years to get one. Not a huge fan of facebook, but I do have an account, and work's account is now part of my ever growing list of job duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    nanotubes in damascus swords
    I've produced Damascus steel blades by forging Steel Wire Rope - it's very pretty.

Last edited by termite; 11-03-2011 at 05:10 AM.
    Such is Life...

Nice visuals there, termite.

I'm trying to feel Happy, now that our weird Halloween weekend snowstorm and power outages are almost, finally over. Now that we don't have to burn candles or sleep by the fireplace, or wrap ourselves in layers of clothing and blankets to keep warm. Now that we have electricity, internet, cable, phone service, and HEAT...well, what's to complain about? Other than constant sounds of chain saws in the near distance, or the huge limbs of oak and maple tree limbs fallen in my yard, or my birch trees still bending into the street..... I'm happy to see CNN's Chad Meyers finally leave York county. He was starting to wear out his welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Now that we don't have to burn candles or sleep by the fireplace, or wrap ourselves in layers of clothing and blankets to keep warm. Now that we have electricity, internet, cable, phone service, and HEAT...well, what's to complain about? Other than constant sounds of chain saws in the near distance, or the huge limbs of oak and maple tree limbs fallen in my yard, or my birch trees still bending into the street.....
    That sounds so cosy and nice candles, sleeping by the fireplace? Wrapping yourself in layers of clothing and blankets? Sounds like fun No layers of clothing or blankets here, more like the less layers of clothing and blankets, the better last night was pretty humid, a sign of things to come :/

Last time there was a power outage in my area was some 6-7 years ago. It was fun, all the street lights were out and the only source of light was the moon, so I rode my bike around outside I wish I was 16 again!

Am I the only one that finds people forging and jeweling etc their own objects impressive?

Am I the only one that finds people forging and jeweling etc their own objects impressive?
    Well I didn't forge it alone and it certainly wasn't easy, I had the guidance of a veteran "Field Cutlery" maker (this guy is a living treasure), he took me through the process step by step and I am very happy with the end result. You can clearly see the coarse texture of the bare metal while the honed and finished surface has a a lizard-skin like look and feel to it.

We're now working on a project that involves combining molten bronze with the steel wire rope (essentially encapsulating the wires in the bronze) before we then forge this "bi-metal" into a Damascus-like blade. The effect is beautiful - a golden coloured bronze blade with a silver coloured textured finish (or vice versa depending on the ratio of bronze to steel). We have made a handful of these blades but we have not yet perfected the process, getting a good clean metal has proven somewhat elusive so far.
    Such is Life...

No you are not the only one. I tried making a damascus dagger once. OMG! That's hard work. Props to Termite!

What's making me happy right now?
    Me minus 34 pounds!