Page 103 of 209 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    No you are not the only one. I tried making a damascus dagger once. OMG! That's hard work. Props to Termite!

What's making me happy right now?
    Me minus 34 pounds!
    Did you shave the beard?

Going to Bristol, UK for the weekend.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Good whiskey

Friday Friday Friday!

Only had to work a 3 day week this week, and next week is a 4 day week, then Thanksgiving days come up, then Christmas...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I went to a rodeo, that didn't make me happy, getting home did.
    Such is Life...

I thought I did poorly on a test, but I scored best in my class! That's weird, but nice.

Airfest. Went as best as one could expect for sitting on the tarmac for 7 hours. Scarlett ran around like a headless chicken but for once she didn't freak out at the noise. Maybe now that she knows what the cause is she will calm down when they practice over the house.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Finally taking the wife on a honeymoon after 2+ years of being married to me. Going to SA right now for safari/etc! ...won't be around for a little bit. Behave while I'm gone.

Try not to get eaten by a lion.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Have fun!

watch out for wild momos!!
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Finally taking the wife on a honeymoon after 2+ years of being married to me. Going to SA right now for safari/etc! ...won't be around for a little bit. Behave while I'm gone.
    I've been told that visiting Africa affects people in profound ways, that lasts a lifetime. And that it can be very romantic when experienced as a couple. Hope that's true for you and your bride, too.

I'm happy to have seen another dang birthday, and getting closer to older-than-dirt status. My sisters came for the weekend (one drove 600 miles each way!) and both my kids were home. (Well, one was away for the college football extravaganza of LSU vs Alabama, but it all worked out fine.) Some nice gifts, like a nifty purple leather purse with draw strings and silver buckle adornments, a purple that looks navy blue in sunlight, very cool! A huge cinnamon-scented candle, a turquoise blouse (one of my favorite colors) and some other bath/shower products that smell great. Oh yeah, and steak with crab cakes and baked potatoes...and a gourmet chocolate cake!

One of the dearest and most special gifts was from my oldest son. A large pastel drawing that looks sort of Georgia O'Keefe-ish. Bright colors of red, pink and purple, resembling star lily petals in mid-bloom. Subtle big sky blues and cloudy whites in the background, with tiny highlights of yellow and green as foliage. At least, that's how it looked to me, and I love it. It looks great held at any angle. He drew it himself, just for me, on my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I hope you have fun, stud.

Managed to snag one of Target's $197 netbooks. ATi graphics, 11.6" screen, 7 hour battery, but with an AMD Dual-Core C-60 and 2GB of memory (bumping that to 4 ASAP). Could prove to be a nice little Steam casual gaming / music platform. But work is insane today, so I doubt I'll be able to try it out till I get home.

Get Brandy a new battery for the Dell machine microsoft sent me a while back, and we may have a solution to Scarlett always wanting to steal the laptop when we start using it.

Happy Belated Birthday GGT!

Difficult Consultations Bonanza Day 1. SO nice to be back with the whole class again cheerful and inspiring group, amazing actors/patients and challenging (but so very rewarding!) consultations. I'd forgotten it was today so I'd stayed up late watching No Reservations (dork ) and was tired as hell after a fairly sleepless night. violated the coffee ban. worth it. worked out all right after all
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Managed to snag one of Target's $197 netbooks. ATi graphics, 11.6" screen, 7 hour battery, but with an AMD Dual-Core C-60 and 2GB of memory (bumping that to 4 ASAP). Could prove to be a nice little Steam casual gaming / music platform. But work is insane today, so I doubt I'll be able to try it out till I get home.

Get Brandy a new battery for the Dell machine microsoft sent me a while back, and we may have a solution to Scarlett always wanting to steal the laptop when we start using it.
    The netbook is more powerful and responsive than I was expecting. The dual core really helps when browsing with Chrome, and it seems to handle simple tasks like youtube just fine.

If I knock down the eye candy I can play games like Half-Life 2 with a FPS> 30; but I can also play games like Half Life Source with all the visuals turned all the way up with a FPS > 60. For a sub $200 machine, thats impressive, and I'm starting to understand the whispers about nintendo considering shit like the iphone and tablets more of a threat than the PSP Vita.

If I don't break this thing before christmas, it looks like I'll be spending some of my holiday game cash at Good Old Games instead of Steam. This thing seems like it would be perfect for that age of games. Downloading Diablo II to it right now. No CD-Rom is a first for me, but it doesn't seem to be a hindrance.

Acer specs

Wedding day booked, end of life as I know it - 9th March 2013.

MetroPCS is running a promotion right now, 4 unlimited phones for $100 a month. That seems like a deal sweet enough to finally get my ass into a Tmobile store to cancel on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Wedding day booked, end of life as I know it - 9th March 2013.

Congrats matey - 'tis a good thing.

Fintally, after a fairly long break, I'm seeing Pretty Colors of Success in my flasks at work!
    (Also, Not Too Pretty NMR Spectrum of Near Success, due to some impurities in the sample. Which kinda sucks, since I have to find a purification method, and only have 30 milligrams or so of the compound. That's about 1/10 of what can be lost forever due to a poorly timed sneeze - I learned this the hard way)
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

We have a bookmobile at work, its a 6 figure retrofitted bus that drives around to areas that lack a library, or communities that can't get to a library. Its awesome. I got to work on it today (just me and the non-library driver), and that was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

Congrats matey - 'tis a good thing.
    We'll have to see about that as she's already turning into a minor Bridezilla.

We're planning a honeymoon in Singapore, well Sentosa to be exact but will venture into Singapore for some sight seeing. I'm quite curious to know if anyone around here has been? I wouldn't mind knowing about their experiences, the do's and don't.

Ahhhh it's her special day, let the lady enjoy it.

I was in Singapore when I was four years old, so I can't be of much help there. All I remember about the place is that it was very clean!

Learning CAD is making me very happy, and this rendering engine is phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    We'll have to see about that as she's already turning into a minor Bridezilla.

We're planning a honeymoon in Singapore, well Sentosa to be exact but will venture into Singapore for some sight seeing. I'm quite curious to know if anyone around here has been? I wouldn't mind knowing about their experiences, the do's and don't.
    I've been to Singapore a couple of times - it's fucking hot! Oh and Its fucking humid!

It is nice enough though and compared to most South East Asian places I've visited it is very clean, very organised and quite friendly - they don't take kindly to any visitors misbehaving though so I would avoid getting too messy in the pubs or clubs. Don't spit, swear loudly in public or chew gum and you will do just fine...

I haven't done Sentosa, read all about it last time I was there but didn't have enough time to check it out.
    Such is Life...

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Learning CAD is making me very happy, and this rendering engine is phenomenal!
    What. That's a render? Awesome!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Today is National Gaming Day, an odd fit considering it falls in the middle of NaNoWriMo. But I don't care, cause that means I'm getting a full days pay to play games all day

Coloring books are making me happy! Yes, I am a grown woman and yes my baby only scribbles on the pages, but I still absolutely love coloring with crayons and coloring books!