Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Phylicia Rashad, who was indeed Claire Huxtable from the Cosby show.

Six internet points go to GGT - well done - I hadn't spotted who she was though she did look familiar.

~

The younger dude is Adrian Lester - a Brit - who is probably most famous for his roles in the Bonekickers series, and more recently the Hustle series. Most of you probably haven't heard of either.

Oh ... and those aren't slippers, they're what I call beach shoes; cloth fabric sewn to a sole made of twine or similar material.

~

The younger lady is Sanaa Lathan, who was in Blade in 1998 with Wes Snipes among other things, but probably most famous for taking the lead role in Alien Vs Predator ...

Last edited by Timbuk2; 03-02-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Hustle was okay-ish
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I haven't seen either series either.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Whats making me happy - 1hr and 30mins till lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Phylicia Rashad, who was indeed Claire Huxtable from the Cosby show.

Six internet points go to GGT - well done - I hadn't spotted who she was though she did look familiar.
    Shenanigans!
    I pointed her out first!

I thought it was obvious and didn't require pointing out.

I also thought it was bizarre that Geegee wanted to replace people looking sultry with tacky cheesy toothy smiles.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

The younger dude is Adrian Lester - a Brit - who is probably most famous for his roles in the Bonekickers series, and more recently the Hustle series. Most of you probably haven't heard of either.
    Ah, I've watched Hustle, that must be it, thanks
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Shenanigans!
    I pointed her out first!
    Did not! You pointed out she might be famous. Not who she was.

-3 internet points for being childish.

Did not! You pointed out she might be famous. Not who she was.

-3 internet points for being childish.
    Bullshit, I'm complaining to Coca-Cola about this scoring discrepancy.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    More snow today.
    3 times in one year. wut
    I enjoy blank walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioman View Post
    More snow today.
    3 times in one year. wut
    Funny, I put that same thing in the other thread.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    It's all a matter of perspective. :/
    I enjoy blank walls.

I'm happy because I completed a 1300km motorcycle ride through the South West of Western Australia with a group of good friends.

325km per day doesn't sound like much but when you're on a bike it takes its toll - feeling pretty weary now but I regret nothing.

* A strange thing happened, I was travelling along a picturesque country road heading into the mountains when out of nowhere I saw a blur of motion in front of my bike coming from the right, before I could do anything I had run over and killed a sizable fox. I was lucky really that this did not cause me to lose control and it did no damage to me or the bike. The thing that is still on my mind is “what are the chances of an animal actually timing its run across a wide road just so perfectly that it goes under the front wheel of my motorcycle?” Keep in mind that I was doing 130km/h at the time. I think the fox was suicidal…
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I'm happy because I completed a 1300km motorcycle ride through the South West of Western Australia with a group of good friends.

325km per day doesn't sound like much but when you're on a bike it takes its toll - feeling pretty weary now but I regret nothing.

* A strange thing happened, I was travelling along a picturesque country road heading into the mountains when out of nowhere I saw a blur of motion in front of my bike coming from the right, before I could do anything I had run over and killed a sizable fox. I was lucky really that this did not cause me to lose control and it did no damage to me or the bike. The thing that is still on my mind is “what are the chances of an animal actually timing its run across a wide road just so perfectly that it goes under the front wheel of my motorcycle?” Keep in mind that I was doing 130km/h at the time. I think the fox was suicidal…
    Hope it didn't have rabies. If you got any of its saliva or blood on you, you could be infected.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Hope it didn't have rabies. If you got any of its saliva or blood on you, you could be infected.
    No Rabies in this part of the world - it's paradise remember.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Talk about scaremongering! How many cases of rabies are there in the western world per year? 10, maybe? Jeez.

As for me, I am at work, I get to go home in an hour to have a cuddle with the pregnant one before she goes to work and I sleep all day. Then I'm gonna lounge in my boxers all day. I'm also super excited about Gorillaz' new album coming out on the 8th May, and Final Fantasy XIII on the 9th! Woo! March is awesome.
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Apache helicopters are doing training maneuvers just outside work across the road. They are flying quite low today, apparently we had some Chinooks flying around a couple of weeks ago and they were even lower (lamp post height) ....

Chinooks ....

THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP

Chinooks ....

THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP THWUP
    I'll try and get pics next time they are over, don't have my camera with me today. It is quite interesting watching them just hover around and then zoom off low and fast.

When i was at Lotus i used to watch fighter planes dog fighting. As the Hethel area was a WW2 airbase many moons ago, i was told that planes can fly as low as they can as the restrictions don't apply even though the site is no longer an airbase (old run way forms part of test track straights).

I found out how low they can go as well. One day I could only hear the faint sound of a plane then out of no where it shot over the old radar tower (currently Lotus Sport dept offices), scared the shit out of me. Unbelievable.

I was in one of them once during an exhibition of our military airbase a couple of miles away. These things are huge!

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I was in one of them once during an exhibition of our military airbase a couple of miles away. These things are huge![/IMG]
    Ah man, how cool is that! I would love to have seen the ones fly over work. The summer is usually more active (for obvious reasons) and apparently they do night exercises too.

Mind you, the thing stayed on the ground the whole time. I just was in one.

I would have loved to be flyign in one Lucky bastard of a sailor mate has parachuted out of one, Just ran out of the hatch at the back No fair!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

It is a remarkable piece of machinery. Was watching a Discovery prog about it just recently.

It is inordinately complex in design - over 2 million moving parts. All sorts of cross-axles to coordinate the two rotors. It is therefore an absolute bastard to maintain, and thus costs a fortune for its day-to-day running.

Very manouverable though (as your pic shows zig) and capable of lifting huge weights.

~

Not quite as massive as the largest 'copter in service (and largest ever ...), the Sikorsky CH-53 Super Stallion. With a single top rotor it is a much simpler and cheaper aircraft to run, and can lift more weight than the Chinook.

I just googled largest helicopter in the world and look a the beasts I found

1. Mil V-12 : 231,485 lb (105,000 kg)

2. Mil Mi-26 : 123,455 lb (56,000 kg)

4. Mil Mi-10 : 83,775 lb (38,000 kg)

Sikorsky CH-53E : 73,500 lb (33,340 kg) Coming in as the fifth largest helicopter in the world is the biggest ever built in the United States, the Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion.
    Sorry
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Mind you, the thing stayed on the ground the whole time. I just was in one.

I would have loved to be flyign in one Lucky bastard of a sailor mate has parachuted out of one, Just ran out of the hatch at the back No fair!
    Being in one on the ground or flying is still cool in my books.

Your mate is a lucky bastard, that is pretty damn cool to have such an opportunity. My brother is joining the Para's hopefully (currently waiting for his training dates) - he's mega excited at the prospect of jumping out of aircrafts such as the Chinook! I envy him on that, but still wouldn't want to fight. He did put himself down to join the Royal Anglicans ... needless to say, my mother wasn't best pleased.

I like that picture of a helicopter holding a Chinook.

I 'ed
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Just saw 3 Chinooks fly past, quite high up but i loved the sound they made regardless of it being quite low (volume wise). Today has been full of army win

Can I say THWUP THWUP THWUP again?

Do it. Do it!

THWUP THWUP THWUP