Page 12 of 209 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is making you happy right now

All we need now is the Airwolf theme

... with Stringfellow Hawke ... the best name evah in cheesy 80s American series ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I saw a big black helicopter fly over a couple weeks ago when I was waiting for a bus

I kept having Half-Life flashbacks
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I saw a big black helicopter fly over a couple weeks ago when I was waiting for a bus

I kept having Half-Life flashbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    All in game enemy helicopters must be accompanied by a conveniently placed rocket launcher if the player is on foot, no exceptions...
    . . .

I was just going to post that.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Reading msnbc eh?

Man I miss Dana Carvey.....

Yeah, and then I burnt my asparagus. Still tasted good though.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Paid off my last Bank of America() credit card last month, which only leaves me with a single card with Discover. My creditscore via creditkarma jumped 38 points, says I have an excellent rating now. Thats pretty kick ass.

Nice.

After a month or so of hell at work, we've apparently gotten ourselves a new full-time person to replace the one who was sacked back in January. It may mean fewer hours and less money on the paycheck, but I was prepared and will have a fair bit saved up after the next paycheck. Now, to see about the manager getting our soda orders back on track so we're not constantly overstocked on one kind and having next to none of another like we have right now.

More spelling sentence laughter...

Well those are fine sketches.
    Most speeches Don’t take long.
    I’m hearing voices.
    I like it when my sister crashes.
    I’m out of leashes.
    Where did the foxes come from?
    What’s with the brushes?
    Just a few scratches.
    Make me some peaches.
    Create a few mixes.
    Horses made my watches how stupid
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

It's Saturday morning, I'm eating toast, drinking coffee, listening to the birds chirping outside, it's 21C and going to be a perfect day, my kids are up and about and being nice to each other, the dog is wagging her tail and sniffing around under a shrub in the back yard, my wife is reading the paper in the sunlight looking serene. I have no plans for today, no demands on my time and I may just lie down in the hammock and read a book.

Who wouldn't be happy.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    It's Saturday morning, I'm eating toast, drinking coffee, listening to the birds chirping outside, it's 21C and going to be a perfect day, my kids are up and about and being nice to each other, the dog is wagging her tail and sniffing around under a shrub in the back yard, my wife is reading the paper in the sunlight looking serene. I have no plans for today, no demands on my time and I may just lie down in the hammock and read a book.

Who wouldn't be happy.
    Too much happy. Tone it down a bit would ya!
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Too much happy. Tone it down a bit would ya!
    Sorry mate but it lasted like that all weekend, was awesome and tomorrow night (Monday) I have front row tickets to see AC/DC playing their last Australian concert.
    Such is Life...

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    This week is going to be very busy. Tomorrow morning I'm flying out to Colorado as part of this job, to get some hands-on with the triple monitor dealie and $300 driving wheel they're using for this project. Thursday evening I'm flying back here, then Friday and Saturday morning I'm driving to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco to show off Prometheus at the Intel Lounge. We have a few meetings with companies there, and we'll be talking to a lot of people as well, a lot of big wigs in the industry. Hopefully we'll be able to get some interest in the project that will lead to a publishing deal, or some other kind of funding.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    This week is going to be very busy. Tomorrow morning I'm flying out to Colorado as part of this job, to get some hands-on with the triple monitor dealie and $300 driving wheel they're using for this project. Thursday evening I'm flying back here, then Friday and Saturday morning I'm driving to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco to show off Prometheus at the Intel Lounge. We have a few meetings with companies there, and we'll be talking to a lot of people as well, a lot of big wigs in the industry. Hopefully we'll be able to get some interest in the project that will lead to a publishing deal, or some other kind of funding.
    Hey, funny thing! I'll be attending the GDC as well. I'm looking forward to going. I went last year and I learned a lot about the industry.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Your job sounds fun!
    Too much business! I'd rather just get back to making games, but it's something I'll have to learn if I want to keep going with this idea of owning my own company. I'm sure you agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylor View Post
    Hey, funny thing! I'll be attending the GDC as well. I'm looking forward to going. I went last year and I learned a lot about the industry.
    Stop by and say hi!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    Too much business! I'd rather just get back to making games, but it's something I'll have to learn if I want to keep going with this idea of owning my own company. I'm sure you agree with that.
    Totally. There are plenty of days I'd rather sit at the bench and make stuff, instead of at the desk writing checks, deposit slips, finding the 4.32 discrepancy to reconcile my account, invoicing, statements.....

Actually I don't mind doing the deposit slips, or the walk to the bank.

We finally had enough of trying to peg leg Brandy's Ford van through the next month of usage, so we went car shopping yesterday. All the lots in Tampa are within a few miles of each other on two roads, so the experience is pretty quick. I was hoping to get a Kia Rondo or a 7 seater Rav4, but Honda was doing a great lease offer of 0 down, 0 first month, $299 a month. So we ended up with a Honda Odyssey for $270 a month after taxes, title and trade. The VW dealership that shares the lot couldn't even touch that with 0% APR on their Routan.

Its about as bland and unexciting as you can get, but its an extremely smooth ride compared to the lower profile tires on my Ion 2.4. The lease ends at the same time my own car payments end, so we're be able to afford a quality decked out ride then. Guess I'll put up pictures tonight, was going to last night but Angel's experience is a bazillion times cooler.

Last night was a blast.

"Calling all cars" were pretty good to open the gig, "Wolfmother" were energetic and entertaining to get things moving along but AC/DC just know how to put on a show and they didn't disappoint.

Managed to get right down the front where it was sweaty and dirty like all good rock n roll should be.
    Such is Life...

I just finished 'filling out' the tax return program. It was more of a check of the facts provided. Took very little time, I hope to have our money back by the 1st of July.
    Congratulations America

I got my first paid, guaranteed movie deal yesterday. Now I just need to finish writing the thing in two weeks.

@Zigz: Remember, ages past, when I said that one day I wished I'd be paid to write? It's been happening. Miraculous stuff!

Wow, that is great news

Well done, very well done indeed. Good luck with it.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Brilliant news Mo! Chuffed to bits for ye.

The new van, tan on the outside, tan on the inside.

I can hear the birds outside singing; a good sign Spring is close!

Also, going to my favorite pub tonight. Even though I can't have alcohol, they have a great menu! And it's nice to be able to sit with friends on a random Tuesday evening.

My Erdős number is 6.

Fuck you Nessus, it is too a real science!