Page 142 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Happy Star Wars Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Been a while since I'd seen such a well-made, and lovely, TV commercial.

Well, I am pretty 'happy' with my new garden hose. It's sold under different manufacturing names, but it's the expanding/contracting hose that's lightweight and unkinkable. It's really fun to turn the faucet on and watch the hose grow, then turn the water off and see it shrink. Makes me feel like a kid again, when hose water and sprinklers were considered a summer sport.

So, Amanda Berry eh?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

My new bird feeder. It took a couple of days for birds to find and trust it. It didn't take too long for them to figure out how to "swing" the feeder and scatter seeds on the concrete surface underneath, where it was easier for them to peck-eat-fly. And it didn't take much longer for Chippy the Chipmunk to take advantage of the easy treats, either. It's close enough to the house that the damn crows stay away. (Still not sure where the hell they came from, appearing just this season. )

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Been a while since I'd seen such a well-made, and lovely, TV commercial.
    Really one of the watches I would like to buy:

But my wrists seem to small for this kind of watches
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Really one of the watches I would like to buy:

But my wrists seem to small for this kind of watches
    Why? Big watch faces are fashionable these days. Maybe you just need a custom-sized wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post

Need I say more?
    Aww. Ender got his movie.

My son anticipated Mother's Day and put three wrapped and ribboned boxes on the kitchen table. I don't even care what's in them.

The duet's the best

OMG that was great!

The new Daft Punk album is beautiful.

My 'little boy' begins his two week Greek adventure early this morning. We've planned for this a long time....hard to believe it's finally arrived.

Two week Greek adventure?

He's tagging along with his father's architectural college class "field trip".

Our older son did the same thing several years ago. Kinda strange to realize how much technology has advanced in those few short years. One smart phone has replaced a camera, a music player, a phone card, a credit/debit card...even a computer!

He's arrived in Santorini! I may have to tell him to turn his smartphone OFF in order to fully immerse himself in the experience, and not be distracted by texts and phone calls.

Does he know about roaming?

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Does he know about roaming?
    I'm not sure what you're asking, EJ. I'm not concerned about his smart phone 'roaming'.

Santorini. Beautiful. Lucky kid.

I love the Greek islands.

He been to Europe before?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you're asking, EJ. I'm not concerned about his smart phone 'roaming'.
    You should be. Considering the fact that quadruple-digits bills can and will be had, unless he has a data plan which prevents that.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    You should be. Considering the fact that quadruple-digits bills can and will be had, unless he has a data plan which prevents that.
    Indeed! My father forgot to turn his smart device onto 'Airplane Mode' and paid the price.

Any who, my motorcycle is back on the road after a stone went through the radiator. It may have cost me £150 for the new radiator off Ebay (instead of £500 if I went to a garage), but it's money well spent if it means I don't have to sit in traffic. The simple things in life .... .

My phone's standard setting has roaming turned off. If you pre purchase some MBs the price isn't so bad, but otherwise it's very expensive. Which is one of the reasons I also have a Belgian SIM card, but when I recently put it in my new phone, I got texts from the provider in French, and my phone switched to German. Gotta love a country with three languages..

Speaking of phones, what's making me happy is that my 2 year phone contract renewal coincided with the launch of the new Galaxy S4, so received one on contract renewal the week before last.

It's quite a step up from the HTC Desire I handed in.

Got some fanciful stuff going on, some of which I'll use and some I won't.

It detects the position of your eyes, and scrolls up and down pages if you move your head up or down slightly. This proves to be a little bit hit and miss, so will not be used. The same tech is used to auto pause a movie clip if your eyes move away from the screen. I've not tried this yet.

It also detects a swiping movement by flicking your hand or finger across the top of the screen to jump up or down a page. This works well and I use it.

Neat

Mine's an Xperia z, waterproof only downside so far is that the screen seems to scratch quite easily compared to my previous Samsung.

Xperia Z is getting some nice reviews, and looks sweet.

Do you know what glass the screen is? Typical gorilla glass?

S4 comes with v4 of gorilla glass I've read. v3 I had previously on the HTC was hard as anything. Two years of ownership and the metal case was scratched too hell but the screen was spotless ...

Having lunch and hanging out at the park with # 2 son...kinda nice.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

I'm not concerned about his smart phone 'roaming'.
    You should be, bills can easily go into thousands of $

Well, his service is through his dad's data plan, so....

And yes, this is his first trip overseas. He drank a beer in the Frankfort, Germany airport, cheap thrills for a teenager. He was gushing about Santorini's beauty! Got a kick out of the number of dogs and cats wandering around the streets, and riding a goat uphill from the beach to a mountaintop. Nice to hear him so happy.

Next stop -- Crete. Followed by Rethymnon, then Rhodes. Packed itinerary.

Tell him to watch out for nazis