Page 143 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    ... Crete ... then Rhodes
    Hope he steers well clear of Malia in Crete, and Faliraki in Rhodes.

Both places are drunken binge-drinking Brit chav hell-holes.

Switzerland 3 - 0 USA

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Don't know what Timbuks problem is, those places look awesome

Bought the girls a pair of color changing LED lights for the fans in their room.
    Way better than I was expecting them to be. Great for a nightlight idea. Youngest is going crazy over how she can change the color of her room via remote now.

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-19-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Hope he steers well clear of Malia in Crete, and Faliraki in Rhodes.

Both places are drunken binge-drinking Brit chav hell-holes.
    *checks itinerary* Is that like US college kids going to Florida for spring break?

Nah, they're going to classic architectural and archeological sites. It's an "educational field trip".

Crete is actually quite large, large enough to avoid the Island Monkeys.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

xbox reveal is tomorrow, PS4 console will leak out by June 10th at the latest
    its going to be a good summer, and a broke ass Christmas

got to honest though, unless Microsoft pulls out something totally awesome and unexpected, I'll likely only be picking up the PS4 this year
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

something good came out of the reveal

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...nnounce_052113

sign up for preorder notifications, get a $10 promo code emailed to you, use code at Microsoft store to buy 1200 live points for $5

My son continues to LOVE his big fat Greek adventure. He's been there just long enough, as a tourist and vacationer, to consider culture and politics. He spent (some valuable cell phone time) telling me about an anarchist political party, and another political party (Yellow Dawn?) that wants every non-Greek to leave the country. Also, something about Albanians hand-picking olives, and how Greeks resent Albanians taking jobs away from Greeks. There were some small riots that diverted or delayed the group tour, and he was asking the tour guides their views, as well as Ferry and Port workers, and fishermen.

edit---despite having a smart phone, he didn't know much about OK's tornado disaster. Funny how spending time abroad makes the US less centric.

This might be the best educational field trip of his young life.

He could have learned the same lesson for much cheaper by just reading the news.

P.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Dawn_(Greece)
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He could have learned the same lesson for much cheaper by just reading the news.
    But this is the Happy thread, not the WTF or Messed up Groove thread. Geeze.

My son continues to LOVE his big fat Greek adventure. He's been there just long enough, as a tourist and vacationer, to consider culture and politics. He spent (some valuable cell phone time) telling me about an anarchist political party, and another political party (Yellow Dawn?) that wants every non-Greek to leave the country. Also, something about Albanians hand-picking olives, and how Greeks resent Albanians taking jobs away from Greeks. There were some small riots that diverted or delayed the group tour, and he was asking the tour guides their views, as well as Ferry and Port workers, and fishermen.

edit---despite having a smart phone, he didn't know much about OK's tornado disaster. Funny how spending time abroad makes the US less centric.

Good. Greece is a beautiful place.

And re: Albanians, the Greeks certainly took advantage when they were running far behind on their Olympic schedule for Athens 2004, and ended up throwing thousands of cheap Albanian labour at the building sites to get it all done on time.

It's always the immigrants who get picked on in times of national austerity and hardship.

OK tornado were one of the biggest items on our news, by the way. Plus what Loki said, everything you mentioned is regularly mentioned in news, at least if you read background stories instead of just headlines. Still, good the trip is fun and educational

This is pretty cool:
    http://gizmodo.com/this-incredible-f...st-m-509484787

And this made me smile

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Good. Greece is a beautiful place.

And re: Albanians, the Greeks certainly took advantage when they were running far behind on their Olympic schedule for Athens 2004, and ended up throwing thousands of cheap Albanian labour at the building sites to get it all done on time.

It's always the immigrants who get picked on in times of national austerity and hardship.
    Yes! Well, I think of it like a live music concert vs a recording -- nothing compares to a first-hand experience. And since he's on the shy side (with strangers) it was nice know he was having conversations with 'locals', getting perspectives the News can't cover.

So the boy is home! He's tanned, relaxed, and a bit taller. Some of that is his posture--instead of slumped shoulders and a tired-looking back, he's carrying himself with an air of confidence (and maturity?) he didn't have just two weeks ago. This trip was great tonic for his High School slump, by getting him out of a "comfort zone" that can feel like enduring prison time.

The ginger is trapped in a room being wrapped in a sari for the first time About to go out for mother's day dinner at a nice lebanese restaurant. Yesterday roaming around in a beautifl summery sthlm... this was a very well-advised last-minute vacation I must say
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That's quite a mix of heritage and cultures there, minx! Your wedding will undoubtedly be a hybrid of all things beautiful.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    So, looks as if my new school will be in Hamburg. This means an increase of ~200€ per month - which will be promptly swallowed by the increase in rent when I move there
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

At least they have good burgers...

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Hamburg is actually more famous for its Labskaus
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Wouldn't mind trying that.

Flying back to Amsterdam tonight, knowing that in 3 weeks I will fly to Istanbul
    Congratulations America

Work has decided to send me to photoshop, html5, and css training. Lets see if they follow through this time.

Scored a pair of Mogul headphones. Signed by a Mr. Armin Van Buuren.

We got a dutch peep right? I'm assuming this guy is pretty good?

The guy is certainly very famous, all over the world, if you're into trance.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

honestly i'm not into anything when it comes to music. Tried to youtube him earlier but FIOS, for all its speed, becomes absolutely unusable when it comes to youtube at night.

The headphones so far are amazing. like wearing a cloud.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

My county is considering reversing an 8 year ban on the government acknowledgement of gay people, events and contributions.

as of may 27 i dont have to go to Louisana ever again. That states dead to me :P

Ill be up another rank in the next week or so...

Up to private yet?
    Hope is the denial of reality