Page 154 of 209 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,620 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

I wouldn't expect him to, being dead and all that
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The new snow is so pretty! Picture postcard perfect. Schools were closed, post-shoveling chicken soup and hot chocolate, cats watching the birds snacking at their feeders, snuggling by 'engineered' logs burning in the fireplace (until I get more wood). To top it off, we didn't lose power, the main roads are cleared and salted, and now the plows are coming through neighborhoods and back streets. I love winter.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Nice that you guys like it. I think I should make a video of it, the pictures look nice but they don't give away how lively it is. Now I just hope I am capable of take enough care to keep it clean an shiny for many years to come.
    Indeed, that's what I would be afraid of! But it's a seriously beautiful piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Gus Fring will not be pleased...
    Madrigal was in Germany, not the Netherlands.

Like they didn't have any Dutch subsidiaries.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Changed my monitors over to a 3x1 portrait setup. Was worried about discoloration because they aren't IPS monitors, but so far i seems to be working great. So much better game support for 3420x1920 than when i had 3 monitors in landscape

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-03-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Love the monitor layout, Ominous.

After four days, finally got to Utah, despite blowing snow shutting down a section of I-80 in Wyoming while I was on it. Next to zero visibility for about 40 miles that was crazy to drive through in bumper-to-bumper traffic. So glad to be here, but gonna take a few days to relax and adjust.

Two more work days left this year.
    Congratulations America

5 more work days left this job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

1 month left till Sydney.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

More snow! Even better that it's falling on a weekend. This is the second wide-reaching weather front, crossing something like 1,000 miles. I'm happy to live in a snow state, with snow removal from public employees.

Tomorrow going to have a behind the scenes tour at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, tuesday I'll be at the office to tie off some loose ends and wednesday I'll fly to Istanbul and stay there till the 7th of januari, 2014
    Congratulations America

Chemistry!

First of all, today I was surprized to find that one of the numerous "solvent- and catalyst-free green chemistry, involving a reaction that has been known and worked upon for ages, yet we still managed to do it better than anyone else, somehow, and did we mention it happens at room temperature and there are no side reactions, and the yields are excellent, and there's no need for workup?" articles that Indian authors (a bit of a red flag, that country, if we're talking about break-throughs in chemistry) are so eager to fill most communications-style journals with, actually describes a procedure which does work! And not only with the compounds described in the article, but with related substances as well! Of course, there's quite a bit of exaggeration about the yields and ease of workup, but still, I didn't expect to successfully run a very, very problematic reaction by grinding the starting materials in mortar! I managed to avoid a most troublesome side-product, and obtain another one, which will hopefully prove a bit easier to remove.

Secondly, finally got some of my work published! It's not one of the great journals with exceptionally high impact factors, but still.

Happy chemist is happy!
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Maybe...just maybe, the Target data breach wasn't all that bad. Picked up this $400 Acer touch screen laptop for $206 after tax. I love stacking discounts.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-22-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

New netbook is about 66% better in 3dmark03 than my last model. All in a 9 watt CPU/GPU. Much happiness indeed

Just finished a weekend of filming in and around a cabin in a nature park. Was very fun, nice crew as well, and the view I woke up to was gorgeous. And the attacking police dog in dark woods with nice lighting looked amazing. Can't wait to see the result! Premiere is in Lisbon though, so maybe we can make it a city trip, or wait until it's screened closer to home.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

My sister gifted me a 90 minute massage at Massage Envy, scheduled the day after Christmas. Afterward, I'll get to take a hot, scented, bubbly, jacuzzi bath at her house....and take a nap! Later that evening, I'll be treated to a nice (Greek) restaurant meal in downtown Philly. OMG, I'm so happy just thinking about it all, I can hardly wait!

As we'll be busy tomorrow, Merry Christmas folks

http://tbo.com/news/politics/manger-...itol-20131224/

FSM on the front page of today's paper

HAPPY that my crockpot arni kleftico (thanks again, Timbuk) was a big hit with my Greek holiday hosts. Happy to be home again....with a trunk full of Greek food and some nice presents, too. My car and clothes are infused with scents of roasted meats, garlic, lemon (and undertones of moth balls) from their house. Very different from the ginger, allspice, chocolate, pine and balsam aromas from my American holiday expectations, but still happy-inducing scented reminders.

Very Happy that returning Home meant greeting two housecats, and one housemouse. My beloved pets. Isabel was positioned at the door threshold, meowing loudly. Guini was quiet, shy, almost scared in asking for strokes. Charles started running on his mouse wheel as soon as I closed the garage doors. Treats all around, and turning up the heat, makes for happy creatures.

We'll sleep well tonight, snuggled in coziness. I really missed my animal family, while staying at a human family household that shuns pets as a cultural anomaly (dumb, dirty, smelly, hairy, pests). Hard to beat a sweet, soft, purring kitty (or two) in bed, luring sleep.

My kids are making me Happy today. They're no longer little children, but young adults. They still don't grasp what adulthood means, in its totality, or all the responsibility that entails, but it's sweet to watch them grow. This is one holiday they've actually expressed, and appreciated, the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    HAPPY that my crockpot arni kleftico (thanks again, Timbuk) was a big hit with my Greek holiday hosts.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Finally, after almost five months, we have exchanged on our new house purchase. Seven groups in the chain took some organising, but the agents and solicitors got there in the end.

Completion is on 4th Feb.

Ordered the girls and I some matching shirts

Congrats on the new abode, Tim.

(Sorry it took so many extraneous entities to complete the deal, though. )

Wheee!!! I'm free for a few days and finally managed to establish a new tradition of after-work beers and food, tonight with a buncha really nice people including the nurse we occasionally talk about adopting into our sex-pod. Okay, maybe this is the wrong thread for that kinda talk. but, anyway, I've had a very nice night and it's really nice to begin a proper weekend with a few nice beers in the company of awesome people
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Beat GTA IV's single player, and pushed my gamerscore over 10,000.

A newlywed Minx talking about a "sex-pod" made me chortle.

This isn't the 1800's man, people have sex before marriage
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Pot Bowl 2014