Page 162 of 209 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But does GGT approve?
    You bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    The ones I know usually have a rollable trolley upon which you lower the casing. No lifting required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    same in the kitchens I've worked.
    Same. But while I can perfectly picture what it is that I'm thinking (that probably does not exist, and would be disgustingly inefficient), I can't think of a good way to describe it.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    I don't approve, it doesn't have a fondue mode
    http://lavache.blog.free.fr/public/P...3/DSC_0413.JPG
    The only 2 labels that make sense are glass and pre-rinse. Is that first one "sprint"?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Fondue makes perfect sense. Cheese-encrusted stuff is hard to clean
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    The only 2 labels that make sense are glass and pre-rinse. Is that first one "sprint"?
    I'm assuming sprint means a quick cycle, intensive is, well, more intensive to clean dirtier stuff, hygiene presumably hotter, and fondue/raclette obviously means it's hot enough so you can make fondue while washing dishes at the same time
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Sprint = Extra fast / short
    Intensiv = Intensive (usually longer)
    Hygiene = Should kill all the gems
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I understood what they were trying to get across, but the english translations don't make sense.

Fondue would be Intensive, but over here Intensive is Pots/Pans, or simply Heavy
    Hygiene could be sanitize, or commonly called Hot (since thats all its doing to the water)

and flixy called Sprint, quick wash
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

On my washing machine they call the quick wash "Sport" which I found rather confusing as I was expecting a "Sport" program to be used for sport clothes. Which are usually dirty and sweaty, so I don't want to use a quick wash for them.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    They're still alive, I mean together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    This.
    Apparently! The show was actually quite good in delivering what I was expecting - old hits, nice to jump and shout along to songs I listened to a lot when I was a lot younger, played pretty decently.

The headliner for the second day was White Lies, and I was pretty disappointed in them. Sound was way too loud, and the music was pretty boring (if you ask me). De Staat was really good live, if you, like me, don't mind your music to be a bit more raw, check them out (from a different show):

Also pretty cool was that the festival isn't that big, but apparently really popular with artists for the way they are treated, the atmosphere, and the location, to the extent that this year a number of musicians from various bands said they wanted to play there, and formed an all-star band, which is awesome for the festival. Makes the whole 'this is the best festival I've ever played' routine a bit more genuine, too

On my washing machine they call the quick wash "Sport" which I found rather confusing as I was expecting a "Sport" program to be used for sport clothes. Which are usually dirty and sweaty, so I don't want to use a quick wash for them.
    Or sport can mean high-performance, as it does with cars.

That's because you can use them in races, which some consider a sport.

Don't get me started on washing machine settings.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Don't get me started on washing machine settings.
    Go ahead but you better be sport
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Forza azzurri!

Beautiful summer day. Puttered about at home, lay on some blankets in the grass after drinking good food and wine, listened to music, slept. It's nice having a weekend off! Went for a late-night walk by the by the river, found a pretty flower:

That's 10 PM! I love this town <3

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Forza azzurri!
    Dislike!

Birthday today, had a very nice day
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Congrats

Happy birthday Rand!

Turned the Honda Accord lease in today. Drove home in a ex-rental 2013 Town and Country Touring. These 2014 models start at $34k and we paid $16,600. 1.65% APR and an obviously lower monthly payment. The insurance even went down.

hold shit is this thing decked to the nines with cool stuff. Interior LED lighting, DVD player, touch navigation, 8 cup holders reachable from the front seats, motorized side and rear doors, rear climate control, leather, stow and go seats, etc.

Took 5 hours (I hate dealerships so much), but this is the 3rd car I've bought from the same dealership and I figured out most of their game. I managed to get the salesman to spill what they paid for it, how long it had been on the lot (reaching its limit), and what they expected to get from it if it went to auction.
    They had no history on the car, but thanks to spending so much time in Enterprise rentals because of the GM recalls I know where to find the service sticker and how to read it.

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 06-22-2014 at 02:08 AM.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/uniqtabs/

YES

SO HAPPY

Now I just need to find something that'll help me with my insane bookmark-collection

Drove home in a ex-rental 2013 Town and Country Touring.
    My birthday is in a few days, so that means its time to renew tags and registration. My Ion weighs 3800lbs, and I just learned the van weighs in at 6050lbs. Guess who just got fucked on registration fees.

Greetings from Budapest! staying for a couple of nights at the Buddha Bar Hotel before attending a wedding in a nearby town. The hotel is incredible and we were upgraded to a junior suite the bathtub is the size of our bed (also rainforest showers are awesome), the bed is the size of our bathroom, the restaurant seems nice. Tonight we're just gonna relax and bum around, but tomorrow it's hot baths and massage and good food and wine and shopping

Nice!

Budapest is high on our list of city breaks to visit next.

I'm happy to have my adult children at home for a while. It's nice to see the strength of their sibling relationship.

Curb find + free paint = new dresser and an afternoon project for Scarlett

mid-project to show the color difference

finished

I love wasteful renters. If we weren't considering a new dresser for the girls I could flip this on craigslist for an easy couple hundred.

Good job.

People throw a lot of useful stuff away.

Back from Hungary! It was a short but thoroughly enjoyable trip. Weather was amazing, and, though things were (as usual) not as clean or as modern as they are in Sweden, the cities were absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

We spoiled ourselves silly on this short trip, treating ourselves to a little luxury and a lot of relaxation. This was really nice, and i liked the price-tag that evoked memories of the Bratislava-phase of Eurotrip, but there were many jarring and discomfiting reminders of the real cost of the good life and the advantages we tourists avail ourselves to when on holiday.

It wasn't just the elderly homeless people. There was an over-abundance of massage-parlors and freelance masseuses that offered all sorts of exotic therapies to "discerning gentlemen" as well as to adventurous couples. I got the distinct impression this sort of thing was viewed as icky even there, but the ads still popped up in the most unexpectedly "clean" settings so I dunno.

There was a touch of the absurd overlying the ick, in that a parlor would describe in lurid detail the erotic features of some treatments and then state that they absolutely did not offer any kind of "sexual favors". I can only assume they meant that the blowjob was not a FAVOR.

Exciting though the idea of tantric couples massage may be, we stuck to the straight and narrow path. I had my first professional massage (never been comfortable with it before) and now understand why the missus loves it so much. We learned a few useful tricks that we'd never thought of before.

On our second day, we went to Szechenyi, one of Budapest's thermal baths. It was a little confusing but REALLY relaxing. Sweden doesn't have thermal baths (that i know of) so my envy and regret was great that day. It would be fun to learn a little more about the history and cultural influence of these baths

I'd neglected to notify the concierge team in advance about the restaurants we'd hoped to check out, so we couldn't get any tables at our top picks. Instead we found some excellent but less busy restaurants that featured Hungarian cuisine. The dishes were elegant and perfectly executed interpretations of essentially "simple" traditional dishes. The local wines were delicious and didn't break the bank The service was impeccable and the staff very friendly. I have to admit I enjoyed the restaurants far more here than I did in Paris (or, for that matter, in Sweden). The flavors of Hungarian cuisine worked for both me and the ginger.

On our third day, we went to the university town of Szeged to attend a wedding. We traveled the by train, which was a simple, cheap, relaxing and fairly painless experience with the occasional flash of confused terror. We were fined on a tram due to a misunderstanding (I'd intended to take a cab but was persuaded, despite my misgivings, to take the tram by someone who unfortunately didn't remember Hungary very well).

Guys, the wedding was so beautiful :') the hotel was nowhere near as polished as our previous, but it was SPECTACULAR. One of very many remnants of a wealthy past l suppose? Anyway, it was gorgeous and fun and though we were tired and had to get up at six the next day we made sure to let loose just a little We were swept up in the best conga-line ever and resolved to learn how to dance "properly".

We came back to sthlm today and the trip back put me in a bit of a foul mood. Everything was fine and we were exceptionally early to the airport, had checked in online and had our digital boarding passes ready but the lady at the security checkpoint said we couldn't use those and had to queue to get a printed boarding pass. Unlike pretty much every other airport in the world, the Norwegian Airlines check-in station featured four desks each with its own queue. We picked the wrong one, with the slowest guy ever. When we finally got back to the security checkpoint they brusquely said we had to go to another terminal because this one was "full". Wth? I dunno, but I wasn't impressed.

On our way back we overheard a conversation between two teenaged guys that was simultaneously hilarious and terrifying and then w got home, ate mum's delicious food and collapsed leaving for Umeå again tomorrow and we'll see if we can visit dad before then. So that was our trip, and here are some pics for your viewing pleasure!

Ominous, that was a great job i sometimes wish we had that system here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Ominous, that was a great job i sometimes wish we had that system here.
    Millions more would have loved to take your vacation, and endured what you described as hassles. It's almost demeaning to turn around and say "great job" on fixing up used furniture. Just sayin'.

Only if one is a sad, jealous person with nothing better to do than to covet what they do not have and refuse to enjoy what they do.
    Hope is the denial of reality