Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191
Results 5,701 to 5,705 of 5705

Thread: What is making you happy right now

I'll be able to dig in the dirt and grow things after all! My sous chef son got me a gig at his restaurant, planting and harvesting veggies and herbs. They'd built raised beds several years ago down by the riverbank parking lot, but over time they were neglected, and languished. They had a few tomato plants last year, but it was too time consuming for them to do much else.

I planted zucchini and several types of squash, but mostly herbs. Flat and curly parsley, German and lemon thyme, rosemary, sweet basil, dillweed, sage, tarragon, regular and garlic chive. I had a list of other things, but they either weren't part of their culinary style, or are so readily available and cheap from vendors that it didn't make sense.

But I may have convinced them on a few sunflowers (for their seeds in fall) and some lavender (for sorbets). Plus some wild flowers for their tabletop vases, since they'd been buying crap carnations from the grocery store (!) Might even do some fancy container arrangements for their pathway, entrance, and hostess table.

So excited!

Since we've not got a Football thread this year ... Champions League Final.

YNWA, come on Liverpool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Being upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Since we've not got a Football thread this year ... Champions League Final.

YNWA, come on Liverpool!
    Too bad they got screwed by their own goalie
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Loss of Salah seems to have changed the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I may have convinced my apartment complex to keep the pool open until 9pm, with paid lifeguards!

I was SO HAPPY to swim laps after getting hot and sweaty earlier today. And after listening to my friend's beefs about her condo HOA (they're actually fighting about who changes light bulbs in street lamps), I'm pretty happy to be a renter.