Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195
Results 5,821 to 5,831 of 5831

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Sony released a new color for their PS4 controllers

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Hehe
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

I'm so happy that I can spend Thanksgiving with both my sons! Even tho we live hundreds of miles away from one another, we've managed to coordinate days off work and travel time. No small feat. Also happy that we'll be celebrating at my youngest son's new home in the South. A two-fer!

No work until 7th Jan because of unusually many public holidays occurring on weekdays this year I always work at least one day-shift during the holidays (b/c it's really pleasant, medically usually very interesting, you get twice as much comp-time and then you come home just in time for dinner), but it looks like someone wanted to give me a very special Christmas present this year
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

It's the wife's birthday today so I'm surprising her with dinner at a Disney restaurant, then I'm surprising everyone with annual passes and 3 days at a Disney hotel.

It took almost 6 months to budget away the money without notice, get our work, the house and the pets covered. But it's only a few hours away from all coming together.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Disney trip went way better than I was expecting. Even managed to wonder around the new Star Wars area with minimal crowds.

Click to view the full version

Also picked up a Razer Phone 2 for $260 from Amazon. its been out for a while, but its an impressive flagship model.

Today someone reminded me of something I haven't thought about since I was a kid - Monsterpiece Theatre, hosted by Alistair Cookie. I just watched a few of them and they are, without doubt, some of the funniest television that has ever been made. Old school Sesame Street is just pitch perfect.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

My son landed in Uganda earlier today. He's volunteering for a non-profit NGO whose mission is empowering girls/young women (with skills training and scholarships). I wasn't on board at first, and had the typical first world mother's response -- isn't there enough need in our own country, why do you want to go to Africa? Etc.

My son is putting his humanist (and feminist) convictions into action, wherever that leads. He has a big heart and that makes me happy.

That's great, you should be proud! Hope you won't miss him too much
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!