Page 21 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Its 4/20. "International" Marijuana Day; and for Ness, Hitlers birthday.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-20-2010 at 03:05 PM.

For years I have been going to this music festival called Groezrock. It's the biggest and best European punk/hardcore festival, and almost always has an awesome line up (this year includes Bad religion, Pennywise, H2O, Bouncing Soulds, Hatebreed, the mighty mighty bosstones, and many more). This year MacBeth (shoe brand, one of the big sponsors), organises a band contest on a small stage there. About ten bands are playing, and all of them are relatively big in the scene, have record labels and everything... and we're playing too Right after the Bouncnig Souls
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

You wouldn't be excited or anything, would you, Trixy?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

It's Hitler you goddamn hippie
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Hmm, second date... but, most importantly, it looks like I'll finally get to see the damn' town revue, after four fucking years
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    it looks like I'll finally get to see the damn' town revue
    Is this a euphemism for sex?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    It's Hitler you goddamn hippie
    I just met somebody in Istanbul who's a real Hitler fan.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Is this a euphemism for sex?
    no it's just the revue, although it usually centers around sex, and, in Swedish, is called "spex"

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You wouldn't be excited or anything, would you, Trixy?
    Now why would I be excited about the most awesome thing that has happened to my band?

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Now why would I be excited about the most awesome thing that has happened to my band?
    I just don't know. Please notice that I am still not telling you to shut the fuck up, but I do think it is adorable.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Completely paid off last year's federal taxes, and next week I'll finish paying off the Oregon taxes. Just in time for this job to finish and me once again out of work!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I got my member card for car2go today. Basically, I just wave the RFID card over the windshield of any of the company's 200 Smart fourtwos parked downtown and I can drive wherever in and around Austin. The fee is $0.35/minute, so I don't think I'll be using it unless I have to. It's nice to have the option, though, considering membership is free. One of the neat things about this is that you can park in any metered spot in the city free of charge and there are reserved spots just for these cars all over the place. Also, gas is paid for and refueling is operated by a third party.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I just met somebody in Istanbul who's a real Hitler fan.
    Good for you, I guess. They weren't a neo-Nazi, were they? Those are insufferable.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I've had the perfect day in Cambridge with a fellow work colleague i mentioned on the 'Whats messing with your groove'. We had to visit one of our customers to check out a few issues with one of the jobs we done and then correct it. To say the least we managed to get to Cambridge by 10am (we left at 8am), finished the job we had to do and then found a lovely pub to have a gorgeous lunch and a pint. In the sun i might add!

Not had such a lovely day in ages, absolute pleasure.

Sounds like a good 'n productive day Lor me ol' china.

Sun helps.

It's been up there almost uninterrupted for 5-6 days now, and is forecast to last through the weekend too, down sarf at least.

Which is great cos I'm off to Bournmouth to some party with the new lady on saturday night and got a room booked in a li'l B&B. Should pop down to the beach sunday mornin.

Happy days. I love spring / summer me.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 04-21-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Summer </3

I'm looking forward to the end of pollen season. Today's pollen count is only 150!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Sounds like a good 'n productive day Lor me ol' china.

Sun helps.

It's been up there almost uninterrupted for 5-6 days now, and is forecast to last through the weekend too, down sarf at least.

Which is great cos I'm off to Bournmouth to some party with the new lady on saturday night and got a room booked in a li'l B&B. Should pop down to the beach sunday mornin.

Happy days. I love spring / summer me.
    It was fantastic, and the company was perfect. I'm glad she pushed her manager to let her go (she found out i needed a spare pair of hands and asked like crazy to go). The weather makes all the difference, i love it. It's going to be nice all week here as well (East Coast) and has been all week!

Sounds like you have the perfect plan for this weekend, i hope you had a good'un!

I don't know if Constantine Films is run by morons who haven't heard of the streisand effect, or geniuses for the all the publicity they are raking in after they started having Youtube hunt down and remove Hilter parodies of The Downfall. We even had some of them posted in the old threads...

Either way, the new wave of Hilter parodies are totally worth losing the originals for a few days.

personal fanboy favorite:
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-21-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Hitler, parody - parodies

the parody screwup totally took away from the hilter joke

Exactly how much crack does one have to use before that becomes funny

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Exactly how much crack does one have to use before that becomes funny
    We'll find out next week when they release the Hitler parody of that question..

Assassin's Creed 2 was one-shot cracked this week. There have been server emulators out for a while, but the level of involvement was way above what most users are used to. SKIDROW finally came through with the classic install game, copy game, play game crack this time. Which means Ubisoft's "vital to our business plan" DRM, that has given Ubisoft weeks and weeks of bad press, didn't protect their game any longer than already existing DRM plans protected games like Riddick and Bioshock.

That makes me happy.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    The project was extended for a week, so I'll be getting paid for an extra week, plus I fly back there next week instead of Friday so I can play The Passing for L4D2 tomorrow!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

heee hee wednesday night is a good night for an impromptu party

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    They can tell when a filter is bypassed. Expect a visit from the cable police soon.
    Really. If OG has any sense at all, the thing to do is give free cable to half the neighborhood... so they'll have a tougher/impossible time tracking down who the thief is.

Not that I'd know... or am in any way advocating acquiring free services from the asshole companies that steal use my tax dollars to fund their businesses.

and we're playing too Right after the Bouncnig Souls
    I fucking hate Ohio.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

... and we're playing too Right after the Bouncnig Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    I fucking hate Ohio.

Eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

He's probably jealous because we're not playing in Ohio and he really wants to see us

I'm showered and dressed and it isn't even 9:30 yet.

Up next ... leaving the house (although that one moves on to being slightly irritating, but it is my own damned fault for not checking yesterday).