Page 39 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Caaaaaaat!

Congratulations!!

I am thinking about the scaffolding that went up around a big wreck of a building that stands at the high end of my street; it's been an eyesore for the last 6 years and now finally it seems like they are going to renovate. If you look at the scaffolding alone it seems as if they mean business. Our street will be so much nicer once the scaffolding comes down again.
    Congratulations America

This is making me happier than I have ever been
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Despite this fucking insomnia (plus something I will post in the unhappy thread) I actually feel pretty good today. My back isn't hurting as bad as usual, so I managed to get a couple things done around the apartment! Plus, at this exact moment, I have GGT on MSN, pink lemonade, and cheesy chicken enchilada stuff! (Chicken Helper...it's really not bad at all! )
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Got myslef a flat arranged. In earlsfield if anyone in landan knows it. nice place

Only problem is that there were three cute chicks living there but they are all moving out

Now i dont know who my housemates will be.
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Earlsfield. Heh. Yep about 10 mins away from me.

It's filled with antipodeans and south africans. And I mean filled. You'll fit right in - given your recent travels.

I'll drop a PM - we have to meet for a drink when you settle in - youre so feckin close by dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

What is making me exceedingly happy is that I am finally going to be able to get the kites and buggy out tomorrow, for the first time this year.

Forecast for the whole weekend is 28-30 degrees celsius, mostly sunny with a few li'l fluffy clouds, wind of between 5 and 10 knots, and my shoulder pain has eased off to the point where I can use it fully.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

I completely forgot you like kiteboarding. I forsee us becoming fast friends. Do you like surfing as well? My summer plans largely involve travelling off to random beaches to do either.

Shame im moving away from the north east, we do flat hard sand and strong winds like no one else
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Noooo ... not tried surfing, or kitesurfing. Have done a li'l bit of body-boarding in south africa but that's it.

Kitesurfing (some say) is the natural progression from Kiteboarding/buggying. My ex made that transition and went on a number of trips to egypt and portugal to kitesurf.

But I like the high speeds you can attain with the buggy, so will likely stick with it, for the time being at least. My kites are race kites too, more suited to the buggy, rather than the larger single-skin inflatable kites used for surfing, which are slower but have great pull for stunts and air-time dude.

Well now that you're down in the civilised part of the country (saaf innit), there are a few beaches to go. Camber Sands in Kent is one I've been to a couple of times.

Dorset/Cornwall too, but they're a long drive from london.

~

Surfing is difficult to master, no? Mucho mucho pracitce ...
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 06-25-2010 at 01:30 PM.

My freckles = home again and gone again, damn this midsummer nonsense

Now football, followed by football + beer + grilled meat and aubergine and paprika and mushroom and sweet potato + wine...

It's a lovely sunny and lagom warm day in northern Sweden cheers!

Also:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xWLahk86I

is making me happy love these tunes... every song an absorbing pizza-induced dream adventure in its own right

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Noooo ... not tried surfing, or kitesurfing. Have done a li'l bit of body-boarding in south africa but that's it.

Kitesurfing (some say) is the natural progression from Kiteboarding/buggying. My ex made that transition and went on a number of trips to egypt and portugal to kitesurf.

But I like the high speeds you can attain with the buggy, so will likely stick with it, for the time being at least. My kites are race kites too, more suited to the buggy, rather than the larger single-skin inflatable kites used for surfing, which are slower but have great pull for stunts and air-time dude.

Well now that you're down in the civilised part of the country (saaf innit), there are a few beaches to go. Camber Sands in Kent is one I've been to a couple of times.

Dorset/Cornwall too, but they're a long drive from london.

~

Surfing is difficult to master, no? Mucho mucho pracitce ...
    Nah, surfings easy. You can learn the basics in like 5 minutes. Spend a day getting the hang of it and you will be set for life. All that happens after that is you get better and better and catching and riding the marginals. Ive seen really good surfers catch waves i could barely see, and ride absolute monsters all the way.

Learning kiteboarding is prob harder.

As for kitesurfing, i havent tried, but my friend who was at one point the highest ranked amateur kiteboarder in the uk (iirc) says its good because essentially you have infinite space to get your speed up and whatnot, plus the waves make nice ramps.

I told Buddy Boy that putting butter on his toast shouldn't be such a time consuming activity. He comes back with "if we can eat time why are you making me eat eggs and toast?"

(yes, he knew what I meant)
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    New review from Red Letter Media's out: http://www.redlettermedia.com/

Now where's the Episode 3 review!
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Just hiding the YT vid:

This is making me happier than I have ever been
    That's funny . I love that song anyway.

Remember that Wario Shake It youtube destruction video Dread spammed a few months ago?
    In my quest to find the cheapest Nintendo published game to reach Planitum status at club nintendo I found GameStop selling it new for $19.99. Half the price of Walmart or Target. Not only is that the cheapest Nintendo game I could find, it doesn't suck, Ocean loves the havoc gameplay.
    So I reached my 600 club points, found a great sale, and Ocean has a new game. Win for everyone.

You're crazy.

My natural gas heater is making me happy - its fucking cold this morning!
    Such is Life...

I have two tickets to see nick caves band grinderman.

I may never be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    My natural gas heater is making me happy - its fucking cold this morning!
    I hate you.

We just finished day 16 of 90°F+ (that's 32°C to you people with civilized systems of weights and measures). They are predicting a break on Tuesday, when they think the temperature will only go up to 89°F.

Storm with heavy rain. I love these sounds.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I hate you.

We just finished day 16 of 90°F+ (that's 32°C to you people with civilized systems of weights and measures). They are predicting a break on Tuesday, when they think the temperature will only go up to 89°F.
    But 32C is lovely balmy weather, you're not getting hot flushes are you?

Such is Life...

Woohoo! Spotify works beautifully in wine, and the panel is complying with my wishes =)

also, 2nu

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I hate you.

It's 29 degrees here today. 29!!

This is fucking England for God's sake!
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Two Outta Three

THERE WAS A HUMMINGBIRD JUST OUTSIDE THE GLASS THAT SEPARATED US FROM THE RAIN. HE LOOKED IN FOR JUST A MOMENT...AND THEN FLEW AWAY...I COULDN'T HELP THINKING HOW SIMPLE HIS LIFE MUST BE.

WE SAT QUIETLY IN THE WARM SWIRLING BUBBLES...I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE LOVED HER MORE THAN AT THAT VERY MOMENT.....THERE WAS THIS LITTLE BEAD OF WATER THAT WAS MAKING IT'S WAY DOWN HER LONG, SILKY, WET HAIR...AND I SAID TO MYSELF...IF I CAN COUNT TO TEN...BEFORE IT DROPS....SHE'LL LOVE ME FOREVER. I BARELY GOT TO SEVEN...BEFORE IT FELL LIKE A ROCK...AND RAN SLOWLY DOWN OVER HER BARE SHOULDERS....AND DISAPPEARED INTO THE BUBBLES AGAIN.

TWO OUTTA THREE

I MUST HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT HER FOR A LONG TIME...BEFORE I REALIZED SHE WAS LOOKING BACK...AND THAT DAY IN THE RAIN WAS A MILLION MEMORIES AGO.

THE CAFE WAS GETTING NOISIER..THE COFFEE WAS GETTING COLDER....AND FINALLY, SHE BEGAN TO EXPLAIN WHY IT WAS OVER. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENING...I WAS WATCHING HER TALK...BUT I COULDN'T HEAR THE WORDS...IWAS DYING INSIDE....AND SHE NEVER LOOKED MORE BEAUTIFUL. EVEN AFTER SHE WAS GONE...I COULD STILL SMELL HER PERFUME. I ALWAYS WOULD.

ANOTHER TIME. ANOTHER PLACE.
    WAS IT LOVE. AND NOT A WASTE.
    I DIDN'T KNOW THEN. IT WASN'T TO BE.
    YOU SHOULD'VE GONE. TWO OUTTA THREE.

I GOT UP TO LEAVE...AND STEPPED OUT INTO THE RAIN....STUCK MY HAND IN MY COAT POCKET AND PULLED OUT THE ROSE I HAD MEANT TO GIVE HER. THE WILTED PETALS FELL TO THE GROUND...AND I COUNTED THEM OUT...STILL TRYING TO BEATTHE ODDS...SHE LOVES ME...SHE LOVES ME NOT. TWO OUTTA THREE.

ANOTHER TIME. ANOTHER PLACE.
    WAS IT LOVE. AND NOT A WASTE.
    I DIDN'T KNOW THEN. IT WASN'T TO BE.
    YOU SHOULD'VE GONE. TWO OUTTA THREE.
    Frank's Chair

DUSK IS A VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE IN THE PASTORAL, UNBLEMISHED SURROUNDINGS OF THE MOUNTAINS. I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DUSK IN THE CITY. THINK ABOUT IT. AFTER SPENDING MOST OF YOUR DAY WITHIN A SOCIETY WHOSE’ PHILOSOPHY IS “FIX THE BLAME, AND NOT THE PROBLEM”, YOU MUST THEN NAVIGATE YOUR WAY HOME BEHIND THE SAME POPULATION USING THE SAME PHILOSOPHY IN THEIR DRIVING. NO, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DUSK IN THE CITY.

I WAS SITTING ON THE PORCH OF AN OLD RUN DOWN CABIN IN A ROCKING CHAIR THAT SQUEAKED JUST LOOKING AT IT. I COULD NOW EMBRACE THE DEEP UNSPOILED, TRANQUILITY OF DUSK. EVERY SOUND WAS AS SHARP AS BROKEN GLASS. I COULD EVEN HEAR THE STEAM RISE FROM THE HOT CUP OF FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE I HELD IN MY SORE, BLISTERED, VIRGIN HANDS. THE SUN WAS SETTING ON THE TALL PINES THAT REACHED THEIR POINTED HEADS TO A DEEP, AZURE SKY, DUSTED WITH WISPS OF ASH-ORANGE.

I WAS JUST ABOUT READY TO PUT THE LIGHT OUT ON THE BIG CUBAN I WAS CHEWING ON WHEN I REALIZED THE SHADOW WORKING ITS WAY TOWARD ME WASN'T A SHADOW AT ALL. I HADN'T SEEN A SOUL IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS ALL WEEK LONG. ALTHOUGH, IT WASN'T ALL THAT UNCOMMON TO SEE AN OCCASIONAL VISITOR MOSEY BY WITH A FRIENDLY "HI," CASUAL WAVE ON THEIR WAY TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN. HOWEVER, IT WAS QUITE UNCOMMON TO SEE A WOMAN DRESSED IN A LONG FLOWING WHITE GOWN. DEEP AUBURN HAIR, SHOWN BRONZE, AND GOLD IN THE SETTING SUN. HER EYES ALIGHT LIKE A FIRE STARING AT ME FROM WAY INSIDE HER. LIKE AN ANIMAL LOOKING OUT FROM THE BRUSH. COURSE, I TOOK THIS MOMENT ABOUT AS LIGHTHEARTEDLY AS A CORONARY. FELT THE DEAFENING ROAR OF SILENCE INSIDE ME WHEN SHE SAID, "MISTER, YOU'RE SITTING ON MY CHAIR."

HER SHEER SMOOTHNESS WAS ALIEN, EVEN INTIMIDATING. SHE GRABBED MY HAND AND LED ME INSIDE THE CABIN. WE WALKED TO THE LARGE ROOM I CALLED THE LIVING ROOM AND SHE PULLED BACK AN ANCIENT RUG TO REVEAL A HINGED DOOR. THE DOOR LED TO A SPIRAL STAIRCASE AND BEFORE I KNEW IT, WE STOOD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRCASE FACING A REMOTE, MAJESTIC CHAP IN REGAL LOOKING BOOTS AND A DOUBLE-HUMPED CAMEL BY HIS SIDE. SHE CALLED HIM, FRANK.

WE SPENT THE BETTER HALF OF THE NEXT FOUR DAYS TRAVELING SAND DUNES AND HARD WINDS. ON TWO OCCASIONS, I THOUGHT I'D BE LEFT BEHIND. HOWEVER, FRANK LIFTED ME ON THE CAMEL AFTER COOLING MY PARCHED LIPS WITH A LITTLE WATER THAT WE HAD LEFT. ON THE FOURTH DAY, WE REACHED A LONG, QUIET OASIS AND I DIVED FOR RICH, DEEP WATER IGNORING GROUPS OF TWO-HEADED LIZARDS AND OTHER ASSORTED CREATURES. WITHIN HOURS, I WAS AWAKENED BY THE WOMAN IN THE LONG FLOWING GOWN. HER INDEX FINGER PRESSED TO HER LIPS. WE WERE BESIEGED BY A BAND OF ARAB RAIDERS. THE THREE OF US WERE CAPTURED TRYING TO ESCAPE OUT THE BACKSIDE OF THE OASIS AND HELD PRISONER FOR, AS NEAR AS I COULD CALCULATE, EIGHT DAYS.

I MUST HAVE PASSED OUT FROM THE LACK OF FOOD, BECAUSE I DON'T RECALL HOW I GOT ONBOARD AN OLD FREIGHT BOAT. WE WERE HEADED DOWN THE THICK, BROWN WATERS OF THE WIDE RIVER WITH THICK JUNGLE ON BOTH SIDES. IT WAS JUST HER AND I AGAIN. SOMEHOW, WE HAD ESCAPED. FRANK, AGAIN, SLIPPING ME ONBOARD THIS STINKY SHIP BEFORE HE CAUGHT A HALF DOZEN ARROWS IN THE BACK. WE DRIFTED FOR DAYS. MOST OF THE TIME IN THICK FOG AND TORRENTIAL RAIN. SHE AND I TALKED ABOUT OUR PAST AND OUR FUTURES IF WE EVER GOT OUT OF THIS MESS.

WELL, I 'D LOST ALL TRACK OF TIME, BUT ONE MORNING I WOKE UP TO THE MELODY OF BIRDS AND A STREAK OF SUNLIGHT ACROSS THE WINDOW OF MY ROOM BELOW DECK. A NOTE LAY BESIDE MY HEAD ON THE PILLOW. I STUCK IT IN MY SHIRT POCKET AND CLIMBED THE STAIRS, GRABBED A TIN CUP OF COFFEE, AND SAT ON THE BOW TO READ THE NOTE. SHE WAS GONE, APPARENTLY ON A SMALL FISHING BOAT PASSING THE OTHER WAY. SHE SIMPLY WROTE, UNFINISHED BUSINESS. YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.

WELL, HERE I AM. A FEW YEARS LATER. A FEW YEARS OLDER. I'M ROMANCING ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DUSK IN THE MOUNTAINS ON THE PORCH OF AN OLD, FAMILIAR CABIN. THERE IS NO CHAIR THIS TIME. IT WAS REPLACED BY A NOTE. SHE SIMPLY WROTE, LOVE IS A RARE OPPORTUNITY AND WHEN THAT LOVE IS SOMEHOW PARTED, IT'S SOMETHING DEEP, DOWN INSIDE THAT WANTS JUST A REMINDER, A SLICE OF THE MEMORY, A POSSESSION. I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW WHY I CAME FOR FRANK'S FAVORITE CHAIR. NOW, YOU UNDERSTAND. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DUSK IN THE CITY.

She

We faced off, the desert behind us,
    the only chance for water ahead of us,
    and them, faceless bush warriors.

I looked at her, she looked at me.
    Sixteen of them, two of us.
    We'd either quench our thirst or die trying.
    I raised my graphite blade and whispered "I love you."

We battled with skill and determination, but cha just don't beat the odds.
    I came too, strapped to a dead tree,
    left to rot in the hot sun.
    She was no where to be found,
    creeps had taken her.

Too weak to struggle, I tried to make the best of my few remaining hours.
    I awoke to the feel of a firm hand washing my wounds with water.
    It was a tall muscular dude,
    bald as a jay bird,
    with a gold band around his waist.
    I recognized him as the one they called The Master.

I thanked him for saving my life,
    but I wanted to get on in hopes of finding her.
    The Master said, "bush warriors don't take survivors."
    But he knew how to find em, revenge was sweet.

The Master located them in a ravine.
    We made short work of all but one.
    I needed to know what they done with her.
    He simply laughed delighting in the pain he saw in my eyes.
    Revenge didn't fill that emptiness.

The Master gave me a lift in his 2 man galaxy hopper.
    We headed a light year a way to Sagittarius. Sagittarius, a small time paradise.
    Some cheap little bungalows and a mind warp machine.
    I needed a break.
    A stone bed and mind warp seven can do a lot for a suffering man.
    She still haunted my every thoughts.

Some nights, I woke in cold sweats,
    it was like she had been standing over my bed.
    But as the months passed, my mind began to grow numb.
    I think it began to sink in, she would always only be a memory.

The years flashed by,
    2 full scale wars had raged the mountain regions.
    I engaged in many a battle, the more the battles,
    the more peace my mind would find.

On the last hour of a full moon day,
    I found myself on high windy peak.
    A messenger had slipped me a hand written note,

I was to meet the past.

What I saw nearly grought me to my knees.

There she stood,
    in the suit of armor she had worn that last day so many years ago.
    But as she drew near,
    tearful reality set in.

"I am not she" her voice echoed
    "I am her daughter",

"and you",

"you are my father."
    The Submarine

Outside at night: crickets/dog barking/hammering
    Man in distance: "better get that dog out of my yard!"

One night i found a bunch of empty beer cans in my back yard
    And decided to build a submarine...
    I'd call her the "the big adventure".
    I'd need a periscope...
    One change of party clothes...
    And my own mysterious little language...

Myla plume bacoup che lafay
    Este pryee la plume
    De laphong mon chalee

Every explorer needs a quest.
    Mine was to find the coolest place in the world...

Schon delafoo ryes manum
    Bia sayching brazum
    (repeat)

So, i pulled the cover of darkness up over my head...
    And slipped into it.

The big adventure was taking me south.
    Deep into the land of sand and ice.
    To a place of magical creatures
    That could dazzle the imagination.
    To the land of podnar.
    Possessor of the "the power of the light".

Schon delafoo ryes manum
    Bia sayching brazum

My first day at sea i come to an "x"...
    And decided to head to the bottom of lake amonakeepa....

Just outside the window, i could see a catfish...
    (meow)

Sitting at a sandbar...
    Drinking a dry martini on the rocks.
    And he say's...

Mon frair lei este bacoo
    Che la femme (meow)

I decided to take my canoe to the other
    Side of the river of tears.
    Then, i remembered. i don't have a canoe.

So i yelled across to the blonde river goddess...
    "how do i get to the other side of the river?"

And she says,
    "you're already on the other side."

This is going to save me some time.

I thought to myself...
    "you have now reached the light at the end of the tunnel."

If i've said it once, i've said it...
    I've said it.

Then the stewardess says...

"'the 'big adventure' is now surfacing in 2 out of three falls. population 11,952. please remain seated until we have come to a full and complete... stop."

I wish I could share the actual tracks instead of just the words

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Cat had her kitten on Monday!

And as happy as I am to have her home, holy crap this is the hardest job I've ever had! But I love her to pieces!
    Belated congrats Cat! It's adorable.

You probably shouldn't be calling babies "it."

Just saying.

Hot Wheels birthday cake. Guess who never grew up!

Click to view the full version