Page 4 of 209 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Cheap yogurt, meat on sale.

It's a lot of fucking yogurt. It's a popular consumable at my house.
    My sister used to like yogurt. Then I explained in detail to her what it was. An idea for you if you want to cut consumption.

My extended Greek family makes their own, it's supposedly really easy. Probably cheaper, too.

It is easy. Boil milk, cool, add yogurt, and let it sit. The whole thing becomes yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    My sister used to like yogurt. Then I explained in detail to her what it was. An idea for you if you want to cut consumption.
    What do you think is living in your digestive tract at this very moment? Yogurt is just more of it in a delicious, fruit flavored form...
    . . .

She hangs it by a cheesecloth to drain it, not sure what that's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    That could possibly work on her, but he'd just be entertained.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    My bf, roomates and I went to see Cinematic Titanic live at the Castro in San Francisco last night. They were really "on", more so than they were when my bf and I saw them in Seattle last year. The movie was Danger on Tiki Island, a horrible horrible movie with the lamest monster I've ever seen. I'm surprised they didn't make any Evil Dead references with the trees flailing around and grabbing people.

Got my MST3K Volume 1 set and my episode guide signed, and my bf and roommate got my 20th anniversary set and theater ticket signed.

Afterwards we went across the street to get some pizza. It wasn't quite as good as Blondie's but it's still been awhile since I've had pizza that good. Great times.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I R Published!

http://www.examiner.com/x-30695-Gree...-grow-your-own

Creative Commons License...

I have switched to all rights reserved, but it isn't a global change on Flickr. I have to change the license for each picture.

But hey, I think it's pretty cool!

Wow, that's really great, Bitter!
    Your search had no results.

DRINK!

FECK!

GIRLS!

DRINK!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Nice, Bitter! Hope you saved that page in case something happens to it.

Payday! Going to take my bf to the Chinese buffet to celebrate.

Congrats Bitter!

Big mid-atlantic snow storm coming, everyone is zomg freaking out. Airlines cancelling in advance, even some schools closed early before the snow started!

Saw a cute employee betting pool--How much snow will we get?

1) 12-16 inches
    2) 16-24 inches
    3) less than 6 inches
    4) the next ice age is upon us!
    5) who the hell cares?

Angel, I printed the page.

GGT, go stock up on bread and milk.

I wish we were getting blasted. I LOVE snow. I also love my 4x4 truck
    We are only expected to get flurries...1-3"'s

day full of ridiculously boring lectures... after a couple of weeks at a hospital, this was not at all very appealing. especially not after a fairly sleepless night.

but, i dressed up for once, and wouldn't you know... everyone was in a great mood today, looked pretty and happy and, why, class wasn't so bad after all... off to our pub afterwards on a whim, got stood up by the person i most wanted to meet up with there but found someone else instead, had a good time, and then decided to head off out into the snow for a walk down into town. and at the end of that walk there was an expensive but DELICIOUS dinner, and another walk back... and here i am now sitting at home feeling quite pleased with my day

i lost my hat and my scarf, so i had to run into an H&M on the way to dinner to get another. for $3 I bought the most comfortable hat I've ever owned! good riddance to that other useless one.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

My oldest daughter has come to her senses! She's going to college, community college, but I'm so delirious right now it doesn't matter. She's decided to become a veterinary technician, and possibly work towards becoming a veterinarian. Now, guess who gets to pay for it.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

the animals

the poor fuzzy little aminals...

Yeah, they don't know it yet, but a world of pain is coming down on them.
    She actually is very good with the varmints, she owns enough of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Congrats Bitter!

Big mid-atlantic snow storm coming, everyone is zomg freaking out. Airlines cancelling in advance, even some schools closed early before the snow started!

Saw a cute employee betting pool--How much snow will we get?

1) 12-16 inches
    2) 16-24 inches
    3) less than 6 inches
    4) the next ice age is upon us!
    5) who the hell cares?

Anything less than 24 inches is just a spit in the pan! The last 2 storms have missed us!

The Friend (altho he is pissy with me right now) is still here! He was sooooo sick last night, but he told me he would rather be here, with me, than anywhere else when he was feeling like shit! I know that don't sound like much, but remember, he is a guy! For him to even admit to feeling rotten is odd, then he wants to be with me?!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Just had my first kiss... I was planning for just the lips but she stuck her tongue right in there...

Nobody is being contrary with me tonight.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylor View Post
    Just had my first kiss... I was planning for just the lips but she stuck her tongue right in there...
    HOW SNEAKY

but i hope you can forgive her

GORGEOUS day

SNOW

SUN

long walk 'round the lake and then a giant slab of carrot-cake and a semi-giant slab of apple-cake at the... foresters'?...gorgeous club-house

managed to clean and pack on time, had a simple, straightforward, entirely uneventful journey to the town of skellefteƄ and to my hotel-room where i am currently enjoying free wireless broadband for once

how could i not be happy?

oh yeah medicine rotation tomorrow, gotta be up by six... but apart from that...!!

The Megan Fox Super Bowl commercial. Especially the scene with the mom banging on the door.

Don't get me started on the comercials. I missed most of them because my drunk buddies were nearly as loud as i was. Made it damn difficult to hear. I liked the Betty white one with her getting slammed, and then Abe Vigoda at the end. classic.

I started planning a trip to the Grand Canyon last month, we're probably going to go in May. I've been using Google Earth to figure out which places I want to visit.

Top of the list is Antelope Canyon, which looks like it's from another planet:

Zion National Park. It looks inspiring to be surrounded by such imposing cliffs:

Click to view the full version

Havasu Falls. It should be a nice place to relax in the pools after the long hikes:

Toroweap. It's out of the way of the traditional Grand Canyon sites, should be less crowded there:

And Bryce Canyon, because what in the hell are those things:

Fairy chimneys of course. I'm surprised you didn't know.
    Congratulations America

I've been having trouble with my public transportation pass. The passes were introduced starting January 1st. They work on a check-in and check-out system (with RFID chip), and you put money on it in advance and depending on how far you travel a certain amount is withdrawn from the pass. Because the entire public transportation system is rather complex (trains, subways, buses, streetcars, ferries), and the complex types of accounts (for example: students can either travel for free every weekday and get a 40% reduction on weekends, or travel for free from Friday noon to Sunday ,and get the reduction on Mondays and on other weekdays after 9 AM), the introduction came with quite a lot of hiccups.

I used to have the free on weekend account, but I wanted to change it to the week type. My pass came with a temporary weekend account, which I then wanted to change. This failed for about a month, but in the end it was fixed and last week I managed to get the weekday travel thing activated.

The fun thing is, it somehow failed to remove the weekend subscription from my pass. So now my pass says I can travel free on both weekdays and weekends, if a conductor checks it. I haven't tested checking in and out on a weekday yet, but I managed to travel for free on the bus on Saturday. And around here most bus companies haven't got their equipment working yet, so you can't scan your pass, meaning you can travel for free on all days too, since they can't see on what days you are supposed to travel for free.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Oh yeah tramway in Amsterdam was free for me too a couple of times. And I one time got locked in a metro-station because the person in front of me was so f-ing slow that the gate closed in front of me even though I had already checked out.

But what makes me really happy is that only yesterday I thought I could never reach my target for this month and therefore should work like a dog on my return from Istanbul. Today I stand at close to 100% of that monthly target, so anything I'll do when I come back will carry me way beyond it, as usual
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    One of the deals NewEgg is advertising for Valentine's Day is the Hitachi Magic Hand Massager...

I don't think NewEgg understands women...at all.
    Examples from their "last minute shopping for her" include:

slow cooker
    hand mixer
    Bioshock 2
    kitchen scale

I bought any of those as a present, V-Day would be a very dry day for me. So did I end up with a defective woman, or is NewEgg only feeding the problem?