Page 49 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

I love my new computer...even with the trying to get used to a new OS! Plus, it's a tax deduction for The Friend!

I will be leaving for Sturgis in a few hours! (I love the Rally!!) And, The Friend is gonna be on days off for the week, so am fully gonna enjoy this!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Understanding the nature of the tea baggers and far lefties to bitch first, think second, I'm looking forward to commentary following the unveiling of the RNC's 2012 convention logo. Which includes an artistic representation of the downtown skyline, minaret and all

(logo lacks annoying red arrow)

Yay! More controversy!
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Listening to the rain come down outside, sweet.
    Such is Life...

http://www.zooatlanta.org/home/anima...e/giraffe_calf

Giraffe naming!

Not that I'll win a one-year membership and special animal encounter, but wouldn't that just be awesome?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I have BV here at the house, and I paid my tab off at the LLS yesterday, so I think I'll just go get all kinds of fuckered up! That might not be the wisest move I could make right now, but who the fuck cares!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Going out tonight! My parents are coming over to watch the little one while my husband and I go out for beers and food with friends!

My kids are pretty good painters.

Also, her room looks really fucking great.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    You nostalgia you lose:

Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Sometimes happiness is sitting around with your family listening to music and just enjoying the moment while it lasts.

It all started when I dared criticise my daughters choice of music, she challenged me to play something better. My son heard the exchange and came in to put in his 2c worth and the next thing I know we have spent an afternoon listening to my cd's and mp3's. My son long ago discovered my music collection so he was very much on my side and I'm happy to report that my daughter has now broadened her musical horizons to beyond just what is "cool" at the moment.

We're listening to Queen's Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 now.

My wife has insisted that ABBA be included in this musical sojourn so it looks like I'll be ducking out to the garage for a few beers and coming back after Mamma Mia!
    Such is Life...

So what exactly does she listen to? Just all mainstream crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    So what exactly does she listen to? Just all mainstream crap?
    Some of it is mainstream crap, which is fine so long as she realises (which she does) there is much more than just recycled lyrics sung by a commercially appealing pin-up girl/boy fed through a voice synth and repeated daily until accepted as "good" music.

I think that in all aspects of life people (should) never stop learning and music is really no different - the same as any learning experience and part of that is to be critical of what you learn. I am always willing to listen to new music, but listening does not = liking.

So I've sat and listened to some of her "favourite" music too, It would hardly be fair of me to be critical of her choice of music if I didn't listen to it.

Besides, taste in music is a personal choice and it evolves over time.

Never let your schooling interfere with your education - Mark Twain
    Such is Life...

Working like a madman in my new job, but got my full pay terms today. Getting a pay-rise, a bonus scheme if I can meet my targets and a company car

Good timing getting the company car with the problems mine has had. I think the fact mine had been attacked because of work, while I was at work, has caused that one to be included. Got to pay company car tax on it (no idea how much that costs), but get to choose a new car next week. This will be my third ever car

Salmon, sweet potato and assorted fresh veggies, lemon, cream cheese, herbs, ginger, lime... I am feeling both inspired and summat wealthy, am now taking a much-needed break from a weekend of lonely and brain-killing article-reading and writing in favour of planning a nice meal for the freckled one tomorrow

Finally I feel at peace. Gone are the harsh lights, all that remains is a mellow glow and mellow tunes by Dan Gibson

tl;dr: I am happy because I feel good and have hope for the future
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

This too shall pass
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

$10 box of diapers at Walmart. woohoo!

that's okay then i can amuse myself by reading about mechanical calculators and hot-air balloons
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I just found a very old and irreplaceable cd I thought I had lost.

I noticed the turnitin spider for the first time today on the user list. Its a plagiarism checker teachers can subscribe to.
    Guess that means we are doing something right...

Click to view the full version

New paint of a burgundy colour?

A beautiful sun shining through the window pane?

Trees rustling in the breeze outside?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

New paint, new room. Is purple - the paint people call it Zinfandel. And it's stunning. The trim will be white.

I've done the kids new rooms, too.

Her trim is now finished, and white. Looks excellent. Her bed will be painted green, and stenciled with purple stuffs. And the mahogany desk is just until she figures out what she wants for a desk.

Heh. Nothing like a new lick of paint.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

It's loads of fun to do when you are doing pretty colors. I wouldn't want to do halls or or anything boring like that.

It can make such a difference to the look of a room. Specially if you re-do the trims and sills etc, and do it carefully so that lines are perfect.

Looks like you've been busy.

Fresh and clean.

Been replacing switchplates and outlet covers, too. Carpet cleaning Friday, moving next week. Going to have to quit painting and get more packing done now, though.

Farewell partying tonight, and then I leave for DC tomorrow.

Combining the power of the Internet and the University Coop, my required textbook and software costs will drop from $771.19 to $384.95 this semester. Still, I'm going to wait until classes start before buying anything to see if they really are required.
    Your search had no results.