Page 51 of 209 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    You think you were stressed, imagine how us women feel every single month!
    Oh, without a doubt - I cannot disagree with that.

Everything (which was not much) has been unpacked and put away in my new apartment. And I made the best chicken scallopini I'd ever tasted for dinner earlier. And I love my flatmates.
    Your search had no results.

Off for a boy's camping weekend down near Bournemouth on the south coast.

3 nights of rain, beer, soggy barbeques and Kumbaya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Blockbuster is going to file for bankruptcy next month.

Used game sales, here I come!

My statics professor has a sexy Russian accent.
    Your search had no results.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Blockbuster is going to file for bankruptcy next month.

Used game sales, here I come!
    Better check the stores now, the ones around here have already closed or sold out of the good stuff.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I have my dishes done, am doing laundry, and my apartment is relatively clean! That means I can spend the rest of my Saturday being a bum. A drunken bum if I so desire, since I have Black Velvet and Carolan's! Oh hell, I need to go to the fucking store for Pepsi! Oh well, one little glitch in the day!

EDIT: Ok, decision made! I am gonna wander down to the laundromat to do my laundry. That way, I can depart to the LLS while it's laundering! lol Ok, so it's gonna be a drunken Munchkin day!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    Ok, so it's gonna be a drunken Munchkin day!
    Just try not to fall over ok?
    Such is Life...

Nice evening; had dinner out with Hubby and Kaitlyn. Then we had an evening stroll.

Also, she's discovered her hands are a part of her; it's so cute to watch her stare at them in amazement!

Awww.

I fed my parents tonight (I may have had ulterior motives).

And we went to the library this afternoon. I was trying to find books for Buddy Boy (who was playing with the sciency things the closest branch to the new house has set up in the children's area), and found Caddie Woodlawn for Miss Priss. I was a lot younger than her when I read it, but it was such a sweet book.

Now I just need the cats to stop going crazy.

And to find the DVD shelves I would like to have.

And to unpack 20-something boxes of books.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Went into our house today, its nearly finished construction. Will be finished a week on Friday and we can move in 3 weeks next Friday.

Looks really nice!

Good luck with the house Randy, hope it is everything you want it to be.
    Such is Life...

A bit of a guilty pleasure; I lost my wep500 headset and decided to order a new one because I like the model and I still have the cradle/charger. The seller cheated me by charging $10 for shipping that actually only cost him $1.77. But he also made a mistake by sending me two rather than one. After all is said and done, I got 2 headsets for $2 less than what a customer in the US would have paid.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Just try not to fall over ok?
    I managed to avoid that...this time!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Record breaking month! Can I get a Woot Woot?

So far, the worst months have been January and July. Which is cool, cuz that's when I'll plan vacations.

Also, Sept 7th is my trial date. I'm so excited!
    I can't wait to be able to tell the whole story!
    It's been pretty funny.

I can't fucking believe that I will be celebrating one year of business, sept 15th!
    One fucking year!
    Where has the time gone?

Nevermind that I just got home from work at 1:45am today, it's all good!

Woot woot!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Congratulations, Bitter! That sounds great, you should be proud and celebrate!

ps I went to my local fine jeweler to have a necklace clasp replaced, and the man said business was abysmal. I actually told him I knew a jeweler in Ohio who was doing gangbusters with specialty design work and internet sales.

Woot Woot.

Did I do it right?
    Such is Life...

I like it that I'm awake when all the Euros are posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post

So far, the worst months have been January and July. Which is cool, cuz that's when I'll plan vacations.

It's been pretty funny.

I can't fucking believe that I will be celebrating one year of business, sept 15th!
    One fucking year!
    Where has the time gone?

I'll give you a woot woot.

It's not what I'm actually thinking, of course, but you know what that is...

Looking forward to your one year bash.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Well done/Woot woot

Hurricane Earl

Its going to be to far east to hit Florida, buts its force and timing will almost guarantee a breezy and cool, yet cloud free Labor Day weekend.
    To bad its going to fuck up the rest of the East coast past Georgia. its predicted to retain its hurricane force winds all the way up to the Canadian coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Woot! Woot!

It's been pretty funny.

One fucking year!
    Where has the time gone?

Terrific! It's nice to know someone who is successful in their business undertakings!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

My kid got a call from a senior, some new program they're starting for incoming freshmen. Kinda cute, he's got a mentor and school hasn't even started yet.

A freshman eh? NEW MEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    A freshman eh? NEW MEAT!
    Yeah, it's kind of pathetic really. I don't remember being coddled going into HS. But they have mentors for the freshmen and even start them a day early.....so they don't get lost or something. It's not even a very big campus, the whole student population is under 500 kids, grades 9-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Hurricane Earl

Its going to be to far east to hit Florida, buts its force and timing will almost guarantee a breezy and cool, yet cloud free Labor Day weekend.
    To bad its going to fuck up the rest of the East coast past Georgia. its predicted to retain its hurricane force winds all the way up to the Canadian coast.
    Yeah, you can fuck off, now I have to go to the store and buy formula and canned goods just in case. Would have never prepped for a storm this early before having a baby.

Get ready cat, it's coming! Funny how a baby changes everything that used to be sorta eh.

I know, I said I would never be THAT person, but here I am, thinking that I really ought to go get formula, and some jugs of water just in case. And what if it does come this way, can I get west in enough time.

What. the. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Me.

You are fine, cat. Being a new mom is not something you can really prepare for, it just happens when you least expect it. Pretty soon you'll start saying OMG I've become my mother!

So if you like to read humor, pick up any Erma Bombeck book. The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Septic Tank is especially good. You will pee your pants and feel so much better by knowing how damn normal you are.