Page 52 of 209 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

You've been fed a healthy dose of paranoia.

As long as the threat of snow doesn't send you to buy fucking milk, bread, and eggs you haven't become completely pathetic, though.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

lolli, you've never been in a blizzard, have you? The kind where you lose power for a week and have snow up to your hips?

Well, I've got all those things. But I don't plan on making French Toast!

Though if I lose power all that stuff goes bad, maybe I will be making French Toast on our grill-it has a side burner for pans.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    lolli, you've never been in a blizzard, have you? The kind where you lose power for a week and have snow up to your hips?
    So losing power for a week will give me a sudden desperate need for milk, bread, and eggs. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Well, I've got all those things. But I don't plan on making French Toast!

Though if I lose power all that stuff goes bad, maybe I will be making French Toast on our grill-it has a side burner for pans.
    You should probably make your French Toast before all the perishables you "have" to buy before it snows go bad, instead of waiting until after. Of course, that's just a personal preference. That reminds me I should pour out the milk and buy more, though. I had to drink my coffee black this morning because the milk was spoiled again. It's always really awesome when it is solid, but I don't think I'll wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    So losing power for a week will give me a sudden desperate need for milk, bread, and eggs. Gotcha.
    So you have never been in a blizzard.

Cat, you have a plan and aren't alone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    As GGT said, you have never been in a major blizzard, have you? You learn damned fast what to stock up on and how early to do it! If it hadn't been for my Mom's ability to shop for groceries, there were a few times we might have resorted to eating the fucking dog! I remember one time we were snowed in from the day after Thanksgiving until two days before Christmas! Literally!

I actually got about eight hours sleep in a row! I feel almost human today!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I'm fine GGT but thanks

Got the hubby here, parents a mile away. If stuff goes down I can drive 6 hrs to the inlaws.

I'm sure now that I've prepared for it, it won't even come close by. I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    So you have never been in a blizzard.
    If I was in a blizzard and had lost power the last thing I'd be longing for is sour milk that's gone off because we've lost power!

-----------------------------

Liking the multitasking in the new iOS4. Was just listening to the Radio through an app while browsing a footy app

This thread inspired me to make French toast for dinner.

Thanks, it was delicious. I made whipped cream to go with it. Turns out a whisk isn't necessary.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    If I was in a blizzard and had lost power the last thing I'd be longing for is sour milk that's gone off because we've lost power!
    Most of the time you have a back room or two closed off to keep what heat you can in the areas of the house you spend the most time in. With no heat, trust me, the milk will not go sour very quickly!

Today is over! The weather was rotten, all cold and drizzly and cloudy and I have just felt like shit all day! So it's being done with is terrific!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Could someone explain to me how you can have stuff go bad in a blizzard?

I mean, I'd like to point out that it's cold outside. Just a hint.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

It's not about the milk! It's about being stranded with no power and not stocked up on general staples. Blizzards mean you can't really go anywhere, and even if you do walk your way out through three feet of snow, everything is shut down.

This monday I started working on a new file. Legally speaking all I was to evalue was if a client is able to pay back €18,000 in installments of €500 a month. The reason for the down payment plan was a decision taken 2 years ago which she hadn't appealed.

That decision was that she had drawn an unemployment benefit she wasn't entitled to for about 15 months. That decision was wrong for so many reasons I won't even bother to sum them up. The headers in my summation included 'violation of due process' and 'wrong application of the law'. However, because the decision was taken over two years ago and no appeal was filed, I could not decide to cancel it. An application for the revision of the earlier decision would also fail because wrong as the decision was, none of the facts presented in my summary was a legal novum.

Still all that meant that this woman would have to pay back €18,000 to which she had been entitled. In a last ditch attempt I decided to go for a fairly unusual approach. I contacted the officer who had made the previous decision, put forward my reflections on the thing and in the end I convinced him that the decision as it was could not stand. He has decided to draft a 'spontaneous' new decision which will follow the considerations I set out in my summary.

Now the worst case scenario for the client is that around €15 to 16,000 will be slashed from the debt. The best case scenario is that it will be scrapped altogether.

I feel happy.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Beeb
    Ohio strippers stage picket outside church services

Several Ohio strippers are protesting outside a church whose members want to put their strip club out of business.

The bikini-clad dancers are picketing a congregation that has photographed customers' number plates and asked if their wives know where they are.

The Fox Hole club's owner has told the pastor he will call off his protest if the church ceases its demonstrations.

But the pastor has refused, saying, "as a Christian community, we cannot share territory with the devil".

"Light and darkness cannot exist together," Pastor Bill Dunfee told the Associated Press news agency, "so the Fox Hole has got to go."

The strippers have been sitting in deckchairs outside New Beginnings Ministries church in Warsaw, Ohio, during Sunday services.

Some hold signs bearing Christian messages such as "Jesus loves the children of the world" and citing Bible verses.

The strip club is about nine miles (14.5km) from the church.

"Everybody has sinned, and that doesn't mean I'm not going to get into heaven," Fox Hole stripper Laura Meske, 42, told AP.

"I believe in Jesus. I don't believe what they preach. They preach hate."

The confrontations between the two camps have reportedly been largely friendly, with Mr Dunfee and congregants greeting and chatting to the strippers outside the church.

Interfering li'l busybodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

While dropping Ocean off at school this morning I ran into my stripper friend from high school. Oddly enough not the first time someone has drawn my attention across a parking lot by yelling my screen name.
    She only lives a few streets from me now, which is pretty cool.

Spoiler:

Had a super awesome day today

Got my new car today, it's brilliant. A Kia Cee'd SW 3, its the polar opposite of my old Kia. It's an enormous (for my standards) estate car with all the extra's. Just for the sake of it I've been using the Cruise Control on the motorway whenever I can today

Spoiler:

Then we took my parents out for lunch, really nice meal.

Had a light amount of work to do not too bad compared to normal so took the evening off.

Had one of the hottest summer days we've had ... well this summer it seems. An ice cream van came down our street so went out for a pair of 99 ice creams. An old neighbour I've often waved to but never spoken to also came over for an ice cream, bought him a 99. Lovely old man called Stan, he showed us his grapevine in his back garden, tons of grapes but said they don't last long as all the great-grandchildren take them when they come visit.

Went out to the Trafford Centre to go for a nice dinner and a movie. Saw "Grown Ups" which was very, very funny

Overall, a good day and a start to what should be a good month. On the 24th we move into our new house.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and got Vicky2. Just took it out of the bag, its smells of new car smell

You drive a wagon.... Not what I was expecting.
    We call that the Forte in the states, we currently have the 4 door and the Koup, but the 5 door wagon is still making its way over.

As of today, for the last 10 years I've been driving small hatchbacks.

I actually like the look of your new car

We loved our Mazda Protege 5 wagon, but it's being a pain lately so we may have to trade it in. Not even the dealership has been able to pinpoint the problem. It's 8 yrs old and we put a lot of miles on it.

I gift from an anonymous internet friend arrived in the mail today!

Thank you internet friend!

Buddy Boy had spelling sentences to do tonight. I have missed that entertainment so much.

Lightning struck out the window.
    There is nothing useful here.
    There is water flowing in here ?
    I’ll debate either to invade them(or not) .
    Common cold is a disease.
    You put the speaker in the freezer!?
    Delete his advice.
    I’m frighten right now.
    What does refrain mean?
    I drew a picture of me being dainty in crayon.
    The sun is shining brightly.
    Get the remote.
    It is enclosed .
    Salute me .
    Who will compose this song ?
    Don’t get me into this dispute.
    Define the word decay.
    Be polite and stay awake.

Got my new car today, it's brilliant. A Kia Cee'd SW 3, its the polar opposite of my old Kia. It's an enormous (for my standards) estate car with all the extra's. Just for the sake of it I've been using the Cruise Control on the motorway whenever I can today
    Brand New! 60 reg!

Not seen any 60 regs on the road yet - yours is the first I've clocked!

Very very nice mate.

What deal did you get on it? 3 Year HP? PCP? Bought outright? What?

~

BTW - not sure if you're bothered about this sort of thing - but people generally shop out their reg when posting pics of their cars on the 'net; I always do. Just for usual anonymity/security reasons.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    BTW - not sure if you're bothered about this sort of thing - but people generally shop out their reg when posting pics of their cars on the 'net; I always do. Just for usual anonymity/security reasons.
    Good advice.
    Such is Life...

My old papa's 70th birthday today.

As a gift, I've booked up a Eurostar train trip from London to Bruges for 2 nights in a nice hotel, with me and the lady, in November.

He loves to travel - has been everywhere, but never Belgium, and I don't think he has even been on the Eurostar, which is a fabulous experience.

He has organised a large get together for all friends and family at a hotel in Oxfordshire this saturday to celebrate his 70th. I ordered a Guidebook to Bruges which arrived from Amazon today. I'll wrap it up and give it to him on saturday, then when he opens it I'll tell him about the trip.

Can't wait to go, and I'm sure he'll love Bruges. It looks beautiful.

Yesterday was Friday (for me, anyway, fuck your calendars and whatnot), tomorrow's Saturday... I guess I'm heading for that wonderful day, neither 5th nor 6th day of the week. Day No. 5,5. That's where I want to go. That's where I have to go. I don't have a car, but I have all the gas I need. RRRRRAH!

(Yeah, Rule 12 violation. Bear with me, it's been quite a while since the last time.)
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

I just love the opportunity to pick up drunk sailors.

Particularly pretty ones.

As of today, for the last 10 years I've been driving small hatchbacks.
    Nice new car, you're quite loyal to the Kia brand I think? Congrats on the new house too by the way.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    My old papa's 70th birthday today.

As a gift, I've booked up a Eurostar train trip from London to Bruges for 2 nights in a nice hotel, with me and the lady, in November.

He loves to travel - has been everywhere, but never Belgium, and I don't think he has even been on the Eurostar, which is a fabulous experience.

He has organised a large get together for all friends and family at a hotel in Oxfordshire this saturday to celebrate his 70th. I ordered a Guidebook to Bruges which arrived from Amazon today. I'll wrap it up and give it to him on saturday, then when he opens it I'll tell him about the trip.

Can't wait to go, and I'm sure he'll love Bruges. It looks beautiful.

Brugge in november? I hope you get lucky with the weather. It's a pretty little town, you could probably make that exact same picture still. (Get used to Brugge, it's the name of the place, not Bruges. to call it Bruges is as silly as calling London Londres).
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Nice new car, you're quite loyal to the Kia brand I think? Congrats on the new house too by the way.
    Thanks and thanks.

The old Kia has treated me quite well, so I have no qualms at all with going for a new one.