Page 85 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

One more day at work and I'm on holidays for 3 weeks! I've never felt that I needed a holiday so badly in my life, I'm totally suffering from burn out.
    Such is Life...

Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat launched yesterday. Today is 4/20. Easter is Sunday.

Least productive week EVER. Fuck yeah.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Are you still a stoner, OG? I didn't know 4/20's significance until my son reminded me it was Marijuana Day. He wasn't too excited, actually. Then he rattled off the kids in his freshmen class that would be stoned today....then show up at sports events. Ugh.

(Today seems a bad day to schedule competitive sport events. Just a couple of stoners can ruin the team?)

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Love me some Alton....geeks are the best

Hot date tomorrow!
    Your search had no results.

I saw aoshi on the roster of members on line. Have not seen that name in a while, happy to see it again. Nicer still if he joins in again and posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Hot date tomorrow!
    Give us the report, hope it goes well.

OMG! OMG!

Hatton Designs of London, is opening a branch in Ohio, and they have been looking for someone to do work for them.
    Through networking, my name came up a couple times...

After a quick Google, fingers crossed for you.

Re-fi moving along. Received the appraisal today. It was much more in-depth than the one done in '02 when I bought this place. They rated my area's RE trends as 25-75% built-up, slow growth, stable values, supply/demand in balance, market time 3-6 months. Sounded better than the other options at least. If I sold today at their appraised value it would still be 20% more than I paid, yet it's under the tax assessment value. So, in addition to a lower mortgage interest rate and monthly payment, I may also get a reduction in property tax (if I can use this appraisal to appeal).

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    After a quick Google, fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks! It's kinda exciting! I have exchanged a couple emails, and the ones I am recieving are all CC'd to corporate, and the parent company. I feel international now, LOL. They are going to be bringing in some work, and trying me out. I am sure to see the quality of my work. This is kinda cool, because it seems to be just for stone setting work, which is kinda gravy money, or should I say highly profitable.

I am also amazed at how well that good old fashioned word of mouth advertising works, and the name I have created for myself.

Pardon me if I do a little dance!

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Re-fi moving along. Received the appraisal today. It was much more in-depth than the one done in '02 when I bought this place. They rated my area's RE trends as 25-75% built-up, slow growth, stable values, supply/demand in balance, market time 3-6 months. Sounded better than the other options at least. If I sold today at their appraised value it would still be 20% more than I paid, yet it's under the tax assessment value. So, in addition to a lower mortgage interest rate and monthly payment, I may also get a reduction in property tax (if I can use this appraisal to appeal).
    Sounds like this worked out well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Thanks! It's kinda exciting! I have exchanged a couple emails, and the ones I am recieving are all CC'd to corporate, and the parent company. I feel international now, LOL. They are going to be bringing in some work, and trying me out. I am sure to see the quality of my work. This is kinda cool, because it seems to be just for stone setting work, which is kinda gravy money, or should I say highly profitable.

I am also amazed at how well that good old fashioned word of mouth advertising works, and the name I have created for myself.

Dance away, my friend! You deserve it!

So, I was sitting here, minding my own business, doing absolutely nothing...when the phone rings! It was an old friend that I connected with thru FB a while back! She and I just hung up, after about 2 hours of talking! It was so wonderful to talk to her. We relived some old times, and got caught up with each other's news. I was kinda in a blue funk today, and she completely changed that! Wow, it's amazing what a simple phone call can do for one's mood!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post

A little dance? I'd be jumping off the wall. You've done so well by the way, I've read your other thread regarding the whole 'rebranding' affair - fantastic stuff .... it makes us so proud!

Maybe Bitter will do your wedding rings at cost plus shipping, Lor.

Maybe Bitter will do your wedding rings at cost plus shipping, Lor.
    I've got a few years to save for a BJ special!

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I've got a few years to save for a BJ special!
    I thought you were engaged to be married, yes? How long do you plan to be engaged without the ring? Over here the engagement ring is as special (if not more) than the wedding band, and they're usually designed to go together as a couplet.

I thought you were engaged to be married, yes? How long do you plan to be engaged without the ring? Over here the engagement ring is as special (if not more) than the wedding band, and they're usually designed to go together as a couplet.
    Oui! I've already got her a ring but I do believe she wants something different to a wedding band. I don't think she cares much for traditions. To be honest, I switch off about all things weddings related as I have other things I want to concentrate on - such as our new house, which has taken up a lot of our time and finances.

Unfortunately Susie wants it all and wants it now. Patience isn't her thang!

Susie seems to have waited a few years for you to propose, though?

I like the idea of an engagement ring and wedding band mixed into one ring. It's really irritating to wear double rings that twist and move around. I've always liked simple wide or thin bands, plain or embellished with inset stones.

But what Susie wants, Susie gets!

We've been together for 6 years now I believe (anniversary was last Sunday), so yeah, she's waited a while.

I couldn't tell you want style her ring is mind you, I just know it's white gold with a single stone on top and 3 smaller diamonds to the left and right of the main diamond. I actually managed to pick the right kind of ring and nearly got her size spot on - brownie points

She'll eventually get what she wants btw, I can be stubborn, especially if i'm not ready.

Last august I got defrauded online (which was also my own stupidity, I should have known it wasn't legit). I filed a report with the police, and a month later got a letter they referred it to the police department which had jurisdiction. Did not hear anything about it at all, until today I got a letter from the Attorney General's office that they received my statement, that they are considering prosecution. Considering the header of the case is 'Fraud commited multiple times in consortion committed between july and august' they have accumulated more cases against the same guy, so prosecution sounds like it might happen If I fill out an attached form and fill out my damages suffered (pretty straightforward, it's a bank transaction), it will be taken into the court and at the end of the trial the judge can order the defendant to pay me back, and I don't have to do anything for it

I realise the chance is slim I will see my money, and even if I do it will be well in the future, but I am happy that they are least trying to prosecute him
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Vengeance! Justice! Haaaang the fuckahs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Record breaking month! April beat xMas! APRIL!

Upcoming Mother's Day? Tax refunds? What else is in April? LOL. Congrats!

Summer weddings and anniversaries? April showers brings May flowers?

I'm feeling quite happy because my sister came to help me get re-organized (again). Not one piece of laundry to be done, or ironed, put in drawers or closets, or sorted for the Goodwill or Salvation Army! That's a huge chore around here..... I was able to get outside and do spring clean-up, late pruning, weeding, and gardening.

She also helped me clean out the older kid's room that had (again) become a messy teenager's room, instead of the guest room. <That's for the messed up groove thread > She also helped me sort the massive amounts of mail and paperwork I've been stacking and ignoring for a while. And not once did she criticize or chastise me for being such a mess, or messed up. She did, however, suggest that I see my physician or therapist again. And that I put my foot down harder for the eldest. (Easy for her to say, she doesn't have children?)

We had a nice meal last night, just the two of us. Tablecloth, fabric napkins, flowers in a vase, nice dishes. Felt good to prepare a meal, "set the table", and talk and laugh while we ate. Felt good to know she could sleep on clean sheets in a clean guest room. Felt great to remember I'm really not alone, and it's okay to admit when I need help, and that no one can do everything on their own.

I went to my Aunt's 94th birthday party yesterday! We had a blast, visiting with relatives we see about once a year. My Aunt looked and acted really good considering the year she has had with illnesses! Hope to attend her 95th next year!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I overcame my fear of public speaking last week.

Was tasked with doing a presentation at one of our head offices in the City, in a room of 10 people, which was to be video-conferenced to another two locations in the country with around 15 people in attendance, and to a location in Hyderabad with around 20 people in attendance.

I was the only one presenting.

I have gone to great lengths in the past to avoid such situations, and they have remained a fear throughout my adult life.

But as this is my new position at the bank, where communication of various Group HQ concepts to a wider audience in the bank is part of the position, I forced myself to go through with it.

I didn't sleep for the prior two nights, and was fairly terrified in the build up for the prior week.

On the morning of the presentation I felt drained but resigned. I knew that I knew the material I was presenting fairly well. I am the appointed representative of this material so it is important that I know it well.

~

It was fine. Absolutely fine.

I spoke confidently and at length, measured and level. I forced myself to pause, breathe properly, take drinks of water.

The material takes around 25 minutes to present. There was then a round of questions which took another 20 mins or so. I had a member of my team there in support, who answered one or two of the questions that I was uncertain about.

I came out feeling somewhat elated. I can do this.

Next time my fear will be controlled and in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Woooo rock on timmy it's never too late to beat that devil.

The weekend's over. Celebrated our first anniversary on saturday still feels like new love, like young love
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

As what is pretty much the last step of dissolving a foundation I worked for as a treasurer, the webdomain is up for auction. And it just passed €1000

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    As what is pretty much the last step of dissolving a foundation I worked for as a treasurer, the webdomain is up for auction. And it just passed €1000
    I was going to post happily that it went up to €2500, but as i had the website open it went up again... and again... and aagin... with ten minutes to go it's at €4600 now!

Best thing: all funds we have will be donated to charities (of the cultural type, so probably a film, theater, and music non profit organization).

edit: closed at €5001. Think we can have a decent closing party to thank all volunteers from the past, and still donate a decent bit to charity.
    Last edited by Flixy; 05-03-2011 at 01:29 PM.