Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Nice thing about Southern California, is you can visit the snow without having to live in it.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I've never seen snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Really? Geez.

I guess I've never seen a desert.
    I've lived in both. I missed the snow when I lived in Southern Cal. Technically, a desert.

Frankly, I love Ohio. It's perfect.

I've only seen snow once, parents drove us up to Georgia one weekend. Pulled off the interstate into some office complex parking lot, built a snowman, threw some snowballs, and drove home.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

As much as I like snow, I really hope it waits until after the New Year. Last year it snowed Christmas night; we had 9 inches and it messed up all my plans that week (we aren't used to that much snow that early in the winter so everything was practically closed for a few days). Though I do want a little this year since K is old enough to run around in it!

Babies first snow! That's gotta be fun.

Butterflies are free to fly...

Still need to model the body and antenna...

So it looks like you can def. make jasmine rice in the microwave
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    You're lucky! I never really feel like it's xMastime till it snows. I can't play xMas music at work until it snows either. It just seems wrong. It's 45 degrees (F) and raining here, right now.

I <3 Snow.
    You're welcome to take ours. We've had 3 storms in less than a week, and I'm already over cleaning off the car every morning and driving in this shit.
    talked with friends from the western slope, they only have about 1.5 inches of accumulation while I'm wading through close to 8. It's not much, but I'm really tired of it. Happy to be working inside lately, my boss rocks.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Well, I have a garage, and remote start. But still, even when I didn't it didn't bother me. Snow is a beautiful thing. Better than rain. I don't like cold rain too much.

The customer LOVED the butterfly. The job is a go. It's another special job. It will be made from the customers mothers old jewelery, and her mother loved butterflies. It's kinda the neat side to my job, making special things that actually mean something to someone, rather than just glitz and $$$. This is creating a new family heirloom.

I don't get to design often enough. Usually designs are based off other stuff people have seen. I still get excited when someone likes something that comes from my style and sensibility. I mean, yeah, it's a butterfly, but it is made up of my typical design elements. I really struggled with it too. Butterflies are type forms, and been done to death. It's hard coming up with something with just enough difference. Jobs like this are what make my long hours worth it.

Can I be an idiot and ask if it is a pendant, or brooch, or ring? It's stunning!

Your not an idiot. It will be a pendant, about an inch and a quarter tall. Not huge, not tiny. Just right.

Thank you. I'll post the finished piece in a week or so.

Bitter, please forgive me for this - and it doesn't detract from the beauty of your brooch nor cat's admiration - but it's 'you're', not 'your'.

You're not an idiot, you just had the grammar wrong!

Ahaha

Grammarnazi!

Such is Life...

Home-made creme fraiche, cultured butter, and buttermilk coming right up. This is gonna be a yummy weekend

Oh, and apple-butter

Eyeing biltong or possibly beef jerky next. OR. OR. Or duck breast prosciutto. Google it, it looks so delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Oh, and apple-butter

Eyeing biltong or possibly beef jerky next. OR. OR. Or duck breast prosciutto. Google it, it looks so delicious
    If you're up to making it, biltong blows all of those out of the water

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Ordered myself this little puppy for christmas (okay, a bit early - then again, Amazon states that it will be delivered on the 19th, so better safe than sorry )

It's also interesting that the German version of the info page is more impressive on the web-designer side than the English version. Scroll down on the German version and you'll see what I mean.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Oh, a thing that's making me happy: due to the way my contract has rolled over at work, I have 33 days of leave to spend over 7 months!

This is also quite funny:
    http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D31...0?OpenDocument
    Last edited by Momo; 12-07-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Bitter, please forgive me for this - and it doesn't detract from the beauty of your brooch nor cat's admiration - but it's 'you're', not 'your'.

You're not an idiot, you just had the grammar wrong!

Ahaha
    Forgive me for this, but I have always wondered about the psychology behind people who take the time to correct other peoples spelling and grammar on forums. I mean, what do you get out of it? Warm fuzzies?

Personally the inverse is true; there's a very small gnawing feeling behind the eye balls when you see typos etc.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

We all have our issues. Don't we?
    Some have the whole newsstand.

The minor differences in the trials and tribulations that compose the entirety of our miserable slouch through the passages of time are the only thing which differentiate us from one another.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You guys should just take up cooking

Maybe you should take up existential despair, instead

I do when I think about dry-aged beef and my stinginess

Picked up Uncharted 3 collector's edition from Target for $50. Game is barely over a month old. Amazon still wants $100 for it.

Going to flip on craigslist for $75.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Got my Diablo III invite today Already have Brandy downloading it so its ready for when I get off tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    The minor differences in the trials and tribulations that compose the entirety of our miserable slouch through the passages of time are the only thing which differentiate us from one another.
    Every individual has their own truly singular existence constructed from a lifetime of experiences which makes each person unique, and it is this absolute individuality that we all have in common.

Such is Life...

i am so

At least Ellen found a product she can show off without having to worry about holding it upside down.