Page 187 of 209 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Muslim refugees are responsible for most of the violins in Germany
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Just found a GTX 1080 for $460 after tax. One of eVGA's overclocked models with all the extra letters in its title.

Finally put this 4k screen to some use.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I'm visiting sthlm for a few days, for work, but now I have two days off to just relax, enjoy myself and hang out with friends and family. 29 degrees during the day but with a nice breeze... I find myself enjoying my old hideaways the most, away from the bustle and action, but I've also found some new gorgeous, quiet places. I'm always very conflicted these days when I visit but this time I've been able to enjoy it for what it is. The mezcal margaritas help, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Just found a GTX 1080 for $460 after tax. One of eVGA's overclocked models with all the extra letters in its title.

Finally put this 4k screen to some use.
    Sometimes you make a rash decision without a lot of research and everything turns out better than expected.

Bought the card from jet.com, only after I ordered did I see it was coming from a "Jet Trusted Party." So I bought a card for $70 under MSRP from a random stranger on the internet. I spent the past week expecting to get a box of tile in the mail.
    The card arrived today, sealed, in a newegg box, with newegg ad inserts, and with a newegg packing slip. The card I bought from Jet, that was shipped from newegg is currently listed on newegg for $100 over what I paid.
    Then I tried to installed it. A GTX 1080 with 10cm fans in an ITX case. It juuuuuuuuuuust fits.

Plus it has configurable RGB LEDs. The girls already made them purple :\

http://imgur.com/a/LAnXG

I'm not planning to match this deal anytime soon.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Doubt if anyone recalls, but several years ago, probably at the 'other' place we discussed the proper way to slice cheese.

Just received my German made cheese slicer.

Ya'll were right, much better!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Sunday I found a telephone at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul. Today that very same phone is on the way from Amsterdam to Huddinge in Sweden. The happy surprise of the owner made me happy.
    Congratulations America

"When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    Hehe.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Universally considered, by both voters and politicians alike, to be the most intense yet constructive political debate in the history of the Riksdag except for the last time this happened they left out some of my favorites though

Finally ordered a new laptop. This HP lasted me 6+ years and 3 moves, but AMD stopped issuing drivers for my video card last spring with the Radeon beta drivers so I knew it was a matter of time. Looking forward to the performance increase from the Radeon 6570M to the GeForce 1050 Ti though. From the comparisons I've seen, I think it will be like upgrading from my old Intel 810 chipset to a GeForce MX200 back in high school.

Time to move this over to the happy thread

BABY

Congratulations will she have to audition or is guild membership automatic?

In other news, yesterday I finished my sojourn in the world of primary care, and, on Monday, I return to my home clinic. It hasn't always been awesome--I got a brief firsthand experience of the early stages of burnout--but I have never been more tempted to switch track as I was during this very long rotation. Office hours, high quality of life, great deal of influence on working conditions, much better pay. It was so incredibly satisfying to have patients of all ages, from all walks of life, presenting with such an extremely broad range of symptoms and medical as well as non-medical problems, and then getting to follow them over time and adapt to each new development. It was not only extremely satisfying on an emotional level--both patient interactions and the work with professionals from other categories--but also on an intellectual level, because this is where almost all diagnostic work begins. This past week, I got to see the happy conclusions to a number of gripping and at times scary or tragic stories and, more than once, I had to work hard to keep tears from coming to my eyes. All in all, I'm very happy, but it kinda feels like the ending of Once. Mostly in a good way

So what you gonna do next.
    Congratulations America

I remembered that this place exists
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Decoy! Welcome back!

And I actually remembered to watch the 24 Hours Nürburgring this year.

It was actually a quote that Steely used to have in his signature that reminded me of this place. Something about never trusting a drunk unless he's on his knees.

Anyway, hope you are all well. I can't remember when I last checked in, probably a good few years ago now, but I'll try to pop in more often
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by DecoyMilk View Post
    I remembered that this place exists
    You're a decoy

Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    So what you gonna do next.
    Back to neurology again, no more rotations for a year or so, which is both sad and relieving.

The less time I spend on-line, the "happier" I feel. The best decision I made in the last several months was getting a smart phone, and using texts to communicate with people I truly care about. (yeah, welcome to the 21st century, right?) Also using auto bill-pay for certain services, so I never have to use the internet at all! The only reason I use my desk-top computer these days is to read things that look/translate better on a bigger screen. Like this forum.

Even then, not much has changed. Segue......

I'll be going to Akon up in Dallas in two weeks. Should be a blast!

Having both my sons together, at home, even if it was just for one night, made me very happy. And it wasn't even over a big holiday, so that made it even better!

Managed to score a PSVR for $100 less than MSRP. Will be here just in time for my birthday. I know its barely entry level compared to stuff like the Vive, but its a good starting point to see how the kids handle it.

just went to a blink 182 concert
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Hosted a t-shirt bleaching program at work. This is the example I did. I love it.

Click to view the full version

Tolkien?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Had my first exercise as emergency response officer at work, which went pretty fine! Fire department basically set off a smoke bomb. Have to say that even as an exercise it's quite different from classroom training Walkie talkies are quite hard to operate during a blaring slow whoop, so that's valuable experience.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!