Page 76 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

The one in the picture is the pocket edition. Great if you are used to reading pocket paperbacks. They have a larger one too, called the touch.

Also have one called the Daily edition. Not a fan of that one.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I got a fairly good report from the Dr. yesterday. I am completely over the blood infection! She is also happy with the progress I have made in weigh gain...I am up to a whopping 88 pounds! Of course, that is more than 20 pounds more than I weighed when I went into the hospital, so I guess I can't bitch! Being able to eat all the stuff I want to is just an added benefit. I just have to be careful with the sweets so my blood sugar doesn't get out of hand again! That's not too hard, since I really don't have that much of a sweet tooth to begin with!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Does the doctor have you on a suggested diet/eating schedule to get your weight up?

----------

New TV came. So god damn amazing, makes me regret waiting this long to get it. Had to go to Ikea to get the TV stand, everyone else seems to want an arm and a leg for stands that support TVs over 32". But that was a blessing, picked this one up for $29.99 I love that store!

Click to view the full version

Only complaint is that way it handles Netflix, I have to make a movie selection from my computer. Not a big deal, and I have 3 other Netflix enabled devices connected to it anyway.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Does the doctor have you on a suggested diet/eating schedule to get your weight up?
    Not a suggested diet, per se. I do have to watch the blood sugar thingy, so have to be a bit careful, but nothing set in stone. As far as an eating schedule, I am supposed to eat 3 meals a day, and have 3 snacks a day. Jesus Christ on a Fucking Crutch...I am killing myself trying to eat that many times a day. I always ate maybe 2 times a day, even when I was heavier. I actually feel worse if I eat that many times a day. I don't know...I am trying for the 3 meals and a couple snacks when I feel hungry, but there have been a couple days I had to force myself to eat at all. I was still full from the day before!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

The blood sugar "thingy"? omg No wonder you aren't happy talking to a nurse.

I am happy that President's holiday will mean I have two kids at home on Monday.

Had a good weekend, caught up with old friends on Friday night and we drank and talked and laughed until 2am.

We got up early and quite unplanned we spent Saturday helping one of the old friends from the previous evening with a few of his unfinished projects on his old Land Rover. We actually surprised ourselves by just how much we achieved, along the way I had a few more mates drop in and before we knew it we were drinking and talking and laughing until 2am! Again!

When I opened my eyes to a cool Sunday morning (the first cool day in months - the forecast was 31C instead of 38C so it felt almost Arctic to me) I decided to take my wife out on the bike and we rode to a nice country pub with two other couples and had lunch while a local band performed some good old fashioned rock & blues tunes. The singer was very good, kind of a blonde haired, blue eyed version of Aretha Franklin if you can imagine that! We were riding motorbikes and had a long way to go home so there was no chance of us drinking and talking and laughing until 2am but that's ok we still had a great day with good friends.

Now to chill out and get some damn sleep before work turns this good weekend into a vague memory... as it inevitably always does.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Wifi on board ?
    Not AFAIK, I was still on a Dutch network then. Didn't check if they had wifi though, so maybe they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Off to Ghent eh?

Belgiques celebrating their little revolution in a slightly less violent way than those in the middle-east:

Enjoy.
    Yeah, the big difference is o fcourse that the Belgians don't want to get rid of their government, they want a government I dropped by the thing for a bit, but it was damn cold and a bit boring at that point. Went to have dinner, then a movie (True Grit! ), and when we got back it was pretty much over. Only found out later that there had been sexy Belgian girls stripping to underwear

BTW, since you mentioned you like jazz in another thread - if you get to Ghent some time (and you should, it's a very nice city), drop by the Hot Club de Ghand. It sounds like either a strip club or a bad dance club, but turns out to be a tiny jazz bar with a lot of live bands
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Moving out, moving in

gave my one month's notice today

*terrified*
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I ate a desert that cost eight dollars yesterday, seven hundred feet off the ground.

Indulgence for the win!
    I enjoy blank walls.

I just ate one of my favorite meals, well seasoned pork steak with shells and cheese!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Scarlett already knows how to whoosh between screens and photos on the iPad
    Agreed, I'm amazed at how the kids just know how to use my mother's iPad. Which I agree just doesn't really do it for me, not a fan of the heavy hardware or the iOS.

Prolong exposure to the iPad has finally taught me why Apple doesn't allow flash.
    Allowing flash would destroy 99% of the App store, and rightfully so considering so much of it is full of years old ripoffs. Even angry birds, which I only recently got to play, is a rehash

Counterpoint to my bitching about snow: the birds seem to like my homemade concoction of oatmeal rolled in peanut butter and thistle seeds, stale bread crumbs mixed with melted butter, orange slices and diced prunes. They really liked our stale cinnamon rolls chopped into croutons. I think Chippy the chipmunk, or the squirrels, ran away with the peanuts and popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Moving out, moving in

gave my one month's notice today

*terrified*
    Where are you moving to?

Paris Hilton is turned 30.
    and someone stole her birthday cake....

8 hour webinar on mobile social media at work today. Only fell asleep for about 20 minutes of it

It was really good, lots of stats I can use, and some new companies and apps I need to watch trend.
    Interesting part was the research that showed that people that don't wall themselves in with people who are like minded turn out to have better, richer, and more indepth experiences online. So I guess TWF is good for something.

8 hour webinar - jesus christ

I hope the breaks were frequent and the coffee strong ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

1 lunch break. Some of the speakers ended with a question segment, which was a good time to take a piss, but that was it.
    Second half of the conference is today. Same 8 hours of connecting to these presentation rooms and listening to some expert try and relate to the library system. We just finished one with a guy in the uk. Your voices are so dry...how do you not put each other to sleep when having conversations? I guess this was during his usual dinner time too, cause he kept mentioning foods with odd names (during a presentation about information literacy )

A monotonous speaker is a monotonous speaker, regardless of where the speaker comes from or accent he has.

~

I would really struggle to concentrate on a 2 hour webinar, let alone one four times that length. Eeesh.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I finally talked myself into getting my own bowling ball, and I got into a German argument with myself on our fourth game. I didn't get less than nine pins in any frame, so the score kept saying NINE NINE NINE NINE.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Used grocery store "bonus points" for a $0.50/gallon discount on gas. $2.699/gallon.

Raw cookie dough should not taste so good....

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Goldeneye Limited Edition came today.
    I enjoy blank walls.

That golden controller is sweeeeeet!

The tv i just bought. I bought it from amazon. Amazon has has a 14 day low price promise. Amazon will refund the difference in price if you find the item cheaper at a different store within 14 days of shipping.

Well I found my tv cheaper at walmart. I knew this before i ordered. But after tax amazon was only about 20 bucks more and it was delivered to my door with a 30 day window to return with no charge.
    So after ordering with amazon i submitted my price adjustment request and amazon honored it. Gave me an 80 dollar credit on my bill

sneaky cat is sneaky

Got a new , much better, job. Moving back to Denver, which beats the living shit out of this craphole little stagestop of town. The job will require long hours, but the pay is about 10% above what I was making. With the extra hours that will be one hell of a boost to my income and
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

'Grats mate.

Had to teach some of coworkers today how to use the iPad and other ereaders, so that they in turn could go out and teach the public.
    I brought in my Eye of Judgement camera and stand (that points down), so it would be easy to show everyone in the room what i was tapping (camera to laptop to projector). It worked amazingly well, even for a cheap ass camera like the Playstation Eye. My location manager ended up coming in towards the end of my class and gave me nothing but praise

He now wants me to find more of these downwards pointing stands and USB cameras for the future classes that my co-workers and I are going to be teaching at other locations. Portable overheads are to expensive. Getting requests like this from high up are awesome cause my lower ranking supers stay back a bit until everything related to my task is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    Got a new , much better, job. Moving back to Denver, which beats the living shit out of this craphole little stagestop of town. The job will require long hours, but the pay is about 10% above what I was making. With the extra hours that will be one hell of a boost to my income and
    Congrats! Next time I'm going to be in Denver we will have to get together for coffee!

OG, sounds like you are in a great spot with your supervisors liking your work!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Seeing the banner Ad at the top made me smile.

"BJ's Wholesale Club"